Pavilion Cup

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.

Pavilion Cup

Postby giantaxe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm

It seems a little unfair to me that taking part in this cup competition affects your teams fatigue when one has no choice but to enter. I think there are three alternatives
1. A team can opt out of the competition
2. The effect on fatigue should be reduced or even cut to nil.
3. Participation should be by application not imposed as it is now
Everyone's thoughts are obviously welcome but I am fed up of putting out a team to lose
giantaxe

Re: Pavilion Cup

Postby GM-crowfan65 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 pm

I've moved this into suggestions as its probably more about that

It is kind of free money but I have often thought a check box for those not wanting too participate would be good as it means some of the lower teams can get a run. Does have its problems too but I like the idea.

And same with fatigue, I have thought if you want the best teams to play in it and make it a marquee tournament then no fatigue goes a long way towards that. In saying that though, being able to manage fatigue is currently part of the game strategy too so would lose that management aspect but something worth considering

And laslty I think an opt out function is better than an opt in one, could end up with half a comp which takes away what it stands for
Brother Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member
GM-crowfan65
MOD

Postby Kaidus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Definitely agree with opt-out rather than opt-in.

If we're going to mess with the fatigue maybe make it -50%?
Kaidus

Postby dazmcspaz » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:25 pm

I don't really get how it's "unfair" if everybody of a decent ranking has no choice but to enter, tbh.
But I agree that it's silly and devalues the thing that people who have no interest in playing it, and no intent to compete in it, get shoved in anyway and have to throw matches, so an opt-out option would make sense to some. I'd never take it, because any chance to get experience into middling secondary players, I'll take. That's just me, though. More entrants who are trying to get as far as they can in it would make it better.

I think the fatigue effect of a cup run is very important to the game, though.
dazmcspaz

Postby Smiddie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Yeah i dont understand why anyone would opt out.

Its extra money and experience. And if you dont want to put fatigue on your main players, play your back up seniors and youths and throw the first match. your not forced to play you main team, thats your choice. Take the income from 1rd and play youths and play like you normally would if you opt out.

I dont think the idea would ever happen because no1 should be opting out anyways.
Smiddie

Return to Suggestions