Integrated Academy Discount

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.

Integrated Academy Discount

Postby GKZhukov » Sun May 05, 2019 2:31 pm

There have been a couple of really nice changes to help homegrown managers in the past couple of years, but ultimately it's still a tough, if satisfying, way to play. However, I've been thinking lately that one simple change could just make it that tiny bit easier without making it more competitive than other approaches or too easy.

One of the tricky parts of going homegrown is running two academies without having to frequently sell star players to sustain them (and given you're not buying players that hurts). The idea would simply be that if both Academies are the same level you get a discount (say 5% but I have no idea what would actually be balanced). Thematically the academies are able to share resources or the youths occasionally use the senior facilities, you get a deal with contractors etc. Another way to go would be a very minor training boost instead.

There would be a side benefit to teams that buy 16/19 yr olds and run two academies at a high level, but I think this would be okay? It's still going to be more straightforward for a manager focusing on just Youth or just Senior leagues to challenge for Titles.

Perhaps it's not needed, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
GKZhukov

Re: Integrated Academy Discount

Postby GM-crowfan65 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:55 pm

It is something that I have given some thought to as well
Whether it be a discount for being the same, running one academy for both instead of two etc etc
Just not sure on the numbers and if the boss would consider the options
Brother Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member
GM-crowfan65
MOD

Postby GKZhukov » Tue May 07, 2019 6:27 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:It is something that I have given some thought to as well
Whether it be a discount for being the same, running one academy for both instead of two etc etc
Just not sure on the numbers and if the boss would consider the options

Yeah, originally I was going to suggest one academy for two, but then figured a discount might be easier to implement? (I'm not a coder though so perhaps that's flawed thinking)
GKZhukov

Postby crackit » Tue May 21, 2019 9:17 am

Just an idea, but could the academy have three forms of investment: an investment into the infrastructure and facilities investment common to both youth and senior plus a separate coaching / staffing element for each?
crackit

Postby GM-crowfan65 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:27 am

Not a bad idea actually
Brother Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member
GM-crowfan65
MOD

Return to Suggestions