How you should train your youth

A place for players in South Africa to communicate.

How you should train your youth

Postby boscorp » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:21 am

There has been some interesting discussion here lately and i'd like to clarify a few things.
Firstly, your players are yours. You can train and play them however you like for a whole variety of reasons. If you have a good player who has attracted the attention of our U19 squad myself or an assistant may approach you to make some enquiries and maybe offer advice.
On the issue of advice offered, Our intention is to produce the best junior side each season. Our request might not suit your plans and that is fine. Sometimes we have a few players competing to make the side and a pop in a certain area might make the difference in making the team.
Whether you are training a youth for your senior side, to sell or to play for their country can affect your training plans. Some managers prefer to train primaries like batting or bowling up as high as they can, some go for fielding or fitness and even the balanced approach. There are advantages to all styles and the choice is up to you. The main thing is to enjoy your time on the game. :thumbsup
South Africa U19 Manager
boscorp

Re: How you should train your youth

Postby boscorp » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:04 am

With that said.... If you are trying to train a youth for the U19 Nat side.

Play your youth in as many extra competition games as possible without losing training. Average exp by 18 and reasonable at 19 is not impossible and makes the obvious improvement in their overall performance and rating.

Aim to train fielding to reasonable. Capable is preferred and anything over reliable is overkill at present.

Ave Endurance is a minimum as you can note a performance diff once past ord. Reas is better as it assists recovery time between games to fit in extra games without training worries. Capable and better adds a real shine to their performance.

Technique and Primary from reliable and up and the selectors will be watching.

Undoubtedly players outside of these parameters will make the squad each season but this is the standard that i would prefer to be selecting from at the start of each season eventually. Just remember, only a small percentage of the players recruited and trained will make the squad
South Africa U19 Manager
boscorp

Re: How you should train your youth

Postby LukeDaywalker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:09 am

i like the balanced Approach

with Fitness, fielding, strength and exp all being as close as possible to the main
LukeDaywalker

Return to South Africa