South Africa Youth Discussion

A place for players in South Africa to communicate.
simmo014

Re: Under 19 Matters

Post by simmo014 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:55 am

leaguegod wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:24 am
great tour simmo, i remember you discussing the weakness in spinners when talking to me about shezi and healey, who both toured as 66.67% of our spinners :? i've been involved in the past and healey would most years be your 4th or 5th spinning option who adds a little batting while shezi is 18 YO all rounder who probably will be good enough next season but really shouldn't be touring yet, the fact that you only took 3 spinners and that these 2 were 2 of them to a dry/crumbling/slow pitch draw was very telling to our stocks and i thought the goal would be just to avoid relegation

but instead, you were first further hit with no slows and then won 4 out of 5 :clap brilliant stuff mate, well done

couple of humid days helped but still a fantastic job and basically already qualified for next years world cup barring a miserable next 3 OD tours

gotta give a wrap to our top order, in particular all the openers

look at this for FOW 1 & 2
Game 1: 1-62, 2-137
Game 2: 1-85, 2-102
game 3: 1-77, 2-81
game 4: 1-54,2-80
Game 5: 1-64 2-78

getting 50 run opening stands every single game is gold and set up every batting total nicely
Haven't had a chance to break down the different areas but I like that of the top order. They certainly did the job for us each game.
As far as bowlers go, the pitches weren't ideal but the weather was kind in those important early matches that set the whole week up and allowed us to essentially have our best side on the park in the last match. Great analysis there leaguegod :thumbsup
We will see how the 4th and 5th spinners have developed by the time the next tour comes around but yes HB Liebenberg was very close to a call up but that form, his low power and his overall summary of Capable was never going to play well and would likely have cost us a match and therefore promotion. I'm happy with my call on the bowling unit and would make it again if necessary. Hopefully they get the odd pop and also improved form to be considered next tour

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:26 am

Hellbound81 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:05 am
However, there was this guy...

Capture.PNG

Congratulations on the promotion. It is fantastic to have our team back in top division. Boscorp and myself will take full credit for its development. 8)
And yet he didn't need him
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:00 am

Low power was a very small factor and certainly not decisive. It was made on summary mainly and what alternative bowler was there in his place. You just can't take a Capable summary bowler at best over a Reliable/Accomplished one regardless of conditions and bowler type. Not rocket science
And I've never looked at a players club averages when picking Nat squads and never will. They are irrelevant given you have no idea what batting or bowling they have come up against. A batsmen with a 40 average could have had the majority of his innings against ordinary bowling, and a bowler could be bowling pies at tailenders and getting wickets. Meaningless info for Nat selection

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:08 am

LukeDaywalker wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:26 am
my Boi got a 5-for :hug :clap Ferdie Routledge woot woot !

and my batter also not too shabby. Osborne Hammelmann you Beauty!

Congratz to Simmo and Team on the wins and Promotion.
Your boy Routledge was a top performer all week in important moments. Great player there mate. He will be important in the next 2 tours as well.
I like Hammelmann too and he is developing nicely. You are training players well and it's helping us :thumbsup

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:04 am

Hellbound81 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:05 am
Congratulations on the promotion. It is fantastic to have our team back in top division. Boscorp and myself will take full credit for its development. 8)
How’s New Zealand going?
Image Kiss My Chaminda Vaas Image Swings Both Ways
“Dravy is a very smart manager who somehow always manages to perform miracles” - Hellbound81

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Before all the other smart alecs come out to try and be idiots I would like to congratulate you on the tour.

The credit goes to you simmo. With no internationals played the previous season there wasn't a squad to hand over. Credit goes to simmo for the right selections and our community for developing their players. Without international exp last season there are a good number of players who have gained extra experience playing with seniors which is encouraging for sa. In recent seasons SA found itself ranked last or next to last sitting in div3. In my term we improved our rankings overall, back within wc qualification and div2 after a brief hit at div1.
Congrats simmo and good luck for the remaining tours.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Thank you Boscorp I appreciate that :thumbsup

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:57 am

Hi guys
With the new youth scene changes coming I thought I'd post about the impact on training a youth player going forward. Obviously everyone has their own ideas on training. Traditionally I have stuck to the most efficient idea of training Fielding to Reasonable/Capable/Reliable during 16, when it is at its most effective. This is because the training value of fielding is at its peak at the age of 16 and declines substantially each year from there. After training fielding I would normally switch to training primaries for the bulk of the time between then and the end of 19, with the odd exception depending on the level of secondaries etc (sometimes low endo requires a few weeks of Fitness at start of 19 to bring it up to speed). The proposed youth scene changes will have no effect to the training speeds of the different areas and will remain the same and therefore I am personally not going to vary my training plans too much. As a rule I'd normally go to Capable fielding to start off with but now I may go to Reliable at 16 and then switch to primaries from there until the end of 19. At that point I then normally change to Fielding at the start of 20, and generally they are on fielding training for that whole season. I am still going to train this way but will monitor the situation as the seasons unfold with the new changes.
From a Nat perspective, I see no reason for teams to train any different from the above or however you normally train. Whether you use that extra training during age 20 for Fielding or Primaries or a mixture of both won't make too much different for us.
If anyone ever needs any training advice in general or for a specific player I'm always happy to have a look and help out. Just drop me an in-game message :)
Cheers Simmo & the Nat Team

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:27 am

Hosting rights for the upcoming U-19 One Day 1 tour have been awarded to South Africa U19, with all matches being played in South Africa on Green, Slow and Crumbling pitches.

:clap :clap

alibratt

Post by alibratt » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Good Luck for this weeks tour Simmo
Manager of FPCC England Image and Affiliate FPCC Australia Image
Image South Africa NAT Manager Season 40-42 (T20 World Cup Winner)
Image Assistant Season 43-48 (T20 World Cup Winner)

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 pm

alibratt wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:14 pm
Good Luck for this weeks tour Simmo
Cheers mate. Should be an interesting week :thumbsup