South Africa Youth Discussion

A place for players in South Africa to communicate.
thebof

Re: Under 19 Matters

Post by thebof » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 am

I know he's not playing today, but nice to see Tsvanhu get a couple of decent scores without the pressure of having to keep wicket as well.

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:15 am

LukeDaywalker wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:09 am
380 to chase a bit steep
with 11 great fielding to 5 misfield and 3 dropped and one missed runout we may have to think Training an extra fielding Pop in future

Peryman's form is reliable and goes wicketless, how the game works continues to confuse me
None of the bowlers performed today unfortunately. Had high expections given the seamers were all managed so they would be fresh for this match. Batsmen did their part today and nearly saved us, bowlers let us down. Especially disappointed in Peryman and Routledge going wicketless and going for 165 runs between them. Hard to recover from your 2 best bowlers having figures like that :wall and his RFS gets 3 for 71 to rub it in! Confuses me too at times.
Could have been worse...Netherlands lost to WI who played 1 x M and 4 x Spinners on a Hard/Hot :think

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:06 am

Can be a bit narrow doing it that way
You really need to do a runs per wicket by pitch type to see a true summary
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 am

No saying you were wrong jut saying it can be a bit narrow to judge it on top 15 in the league

In my youth league I have 1 bat in the top 15 and 3 bowlers in the top 6
But I have the second best rpo in the league
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:01 am

Hellbound81 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:18 am
My point is more that our bowling has been ineffective, and 3 of our 4 matches have been on spin bowling pitches.

Spinners still get wickets on a hard pitch, pace bowlers still get wickets on a hard pitch.

Crumbling still provides some assistance to seamers.

The fact that ours have not is the issue here and an indication that an adjustment is needed with tactics.

Dravy is a very smart manager who somehow always manages to perform miracles, but in my view a team like Kenya should never have scorer 241 against us on a crumbling pitch, not to mention only losing 6 wickets.

We have 13 players above 40k rating in the squad, they have 7.

We have 11 players about 4k wage in the squad, they have 7.
To be fair to Simmo, If you were SAF manager we would have won by 150 runs today.
Image Kiss My Chaminda Vaas Image Swings Both Ways
“Dravy is a very smart manager who somehow always manages to perform miracles” - Hellbound81

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:45 pm

Yeah not a great tour. Not a lot went right really. Lost a few vital tosses and bowlers didn't really perform in most games. Leaked way too many runs and just couldn't take wickets at crucial times. The batsmen did their job for the most part, Kusano in particular. He is a gun that will be great for us the rest of this season and next as well. Handy having that kind of player at number 3.
Our depth got exposed pretty badly this tour i feel. Competitive the 1st game and won but once we had to start rotating our other 7 players though the line up it really showed how quickly our quality drops away. This is highlighted by the fact we had 6 x 19yo's touring which is great for next season regarding their experience etc but a bit of pain now unfortunately. Overall though we are pretty disappointed to demote and will be looking to bounce straight back up with promotion next OD tour. Thanks for your support people