Season 39 Banter and Other Rubbish

A place for players in Sri Lanka to communicate.

Re: Season 39 Banter and Other Rubbish

Postby paulc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:18 am

arbscure wrote:
paulc wrote:or...bare with me here..you could let me win by a big margin to even up the NRR gap and thus make it even fairer.

I seem to have forgotten to change my home pitch to something more sensible for my revised attack.

I'm going to pretend it's what you said.

I think this explanation would gain credibility if your NAT level spinners would quit trying to bowl me out: 150/7.
SL u19 manager, winner T20 world cup, runner up 50 over world cup.
paulc

Postby paulc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 pm

paulc wrote:
what's new in SOD 1.1
Last week's NAT week saw both double-champion Torpedo and last year's Pav cup winner Direwolves lose and they're now in 3rd and 4th with Almost and my amsterdammers in 1st and 2nd.

Two weeks and 2 consecutive defeats later for both Almost and amsterdammers and this has reversed.
I should have kept my mouth shut :(

Wanderers on the other hand have been brewing up a storm.
Beat my lot today with a 15k rating deficit and basically finished off my chances.

The title is now Thorpey's to lose, with those direwolves most likely to profit if he does.
paulc

Postby arbscure » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 pm

paulc wrote:I think this explanation would gain credibility if your NAT level spinners would quit trying to bowl me out: 150/7.

The pitch was for when I had the soon to be Nat LF and a slightly past it WS, but after the first had to be turned into money and the second into an OAP... I thought it wasn't ideal for three FS and a medium backing up a middle of the road quick.

Just goes to show how little I know.
arbscure

Postby Torpedo10 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:31 pm

arbscure wrote:
paulc wrote:I think this explanation would gain credibility if your NAT level spinners would quit trying to bowl me out: 150/7.

The pitch was for when I had the soon to be Nat LF and a slightly past it WS, but after the first had to be turned into money and the second into an OAP... I thought it wasn't ideal for three FS and a medium backing up a middle of the road quick.

Just goes to show how little I know.

I saw that Fasty sale! Well done on that. A tip (not that you need it!), you've taken down the top 3 sides in the last three weeks, twice on a Crumbler. Don't ever change that deck, you obviously have some great tactics for it. You've made this season very interesting, and all whilst making a healthy profit on sales! Could see your side make a serious challenge for the title next season. In the meanwhile, win your final two and you'll probably finish on the podium.
paulc wrote:
paulc wrote:
what's new in SOD 1.1
Last week's NAT week saw both double-champion Torpedo and last year's Pav cup winner Direwolves lose and they're now in 3rd and 4th with Almost and my amsterdammers in 1st and 2nd.

Two weeks and 2 consecutive defeats later for both Almost and amsterdammers and this has reversed.
I should have kept my mouth shut :(

Wanderers on the other hand have been brewing up a storm.
Beat my lot today with a 15k rating deficit and basically finished off my chances.

The title is now Thorpey's to lose, with those direwolves most likely to profit if he does.

You're still in with a shot mate. All depends on Rk vs tungsten next week, If tung gets up you're out but if Rk can salvage something and beats me in the final week, all you need to do is make up the NRR which shouldn't be hard against bura & Maddin both currently sitting in the relegation zone.

You really have dropped the cup these last two weeks though, my money was on you after losing to Arbs two weeks ago, but he's gone and made that underdog win more acceptable by two more!
Manager of Torpedo's Titans
SOD 1.1(SL Season 32, 37, 38, 39) T20 1.1 (SL Season 38)
Torpedo10

Postby arbscure » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 pm

Torpedo10 wrote:I saw that Fasty sale! Well done on that.

I just listed for a silly amount that would get me out of a hole I dug for myself, and got lucky. Best thing I got from it is how much better the team has been doing as a team, than what it was as a ten man support act for a pivot player.

Torpedo10 wrote:In the meanwhile, win your final two and you'll probably finish on the podium.

I'm still trying for the title. :roll:
arbscure

Postby Torpedo10 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 am

arbscure wrote:

I just listed for a silly amount that would get me out of a hole I dug for myself, and got lucky. Best thing I got from it is how much better the team has been doing as a team, than what it was as a ten man support act for a pivot player.

Torpedo10 wrote:In the meanwhile, win your final two and you'll probably finish on the podium.

It's still mathematically possible, isn't it! I've got some wonderful players for sale if you want the boost. :wink:
Torpedo10

Postby PowerBug » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:37 am

Torpedo10 wrote:
arbscure wrote:

It's still mathematically possible, isn't it! I've got some wonderful players for sale if you want the boost. :wink:

If by mathematically possible you mean Dhaka beating Direwolves on the final day by about 550 runs just to make it chance, then yeah it is possible for Wanderers to win the title :P
PBCC YOD D1; SOD, T20 D2 SL. OtR SOD D2; T20 D3; YOD D4 NZ
Image U19 Ast S16-19,22. Snr Man S25-28,32. Snr Ast S29-31 Image Snr Ast S33-Curr
My best ever match. My 2nd best ever match. Beating Torp is easy.
PowerBug

Postby paulc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 am

arbscure look like winning again today but the mathematical chance of the title looks like its receding with the bottom not quite making the upsets needed this round.

Interestingly Almost are in with a chance of beating the Direwolves which would know the wolves out of the reckoning and improve everyone else's chances as the Wolves have by far the best NRR.

Still looks like the Titans have it all in their own hands (and yes I am aware I dropped the cup in the last couple of weeks - cheers Thorpy).
paulc

Postby paulc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:12 pm

All set up for an interesting finish but the titans look comfortable. If they can avoid a 100 run loss to Almost.'
paulc

Postby Worm » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:36 am

Well done to Goondiwindi (I assume back) in to OD Div 1.
Hopefully see you there soon!

Also, thanks to Rogue whose win a week or so ago took us in to Div 1 20-20.

Look forward to mixing it with the big boys some more next season :thumbsup
Worm

Postby Torpedo10 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:04 am

:o

Worm wrote:Well done to Goondiwindi (I assume back) in to OD Div 1.
Hopefully see you there soon!

Also, thanks to Rogue whose win a week or so ago took us in to Div 1 20-20.

Look forward to mixing it with the big boys some more next season :thumbsup

I'm sure you'll be up there soon Wormy. :thumbsup
Torpedo10

Postby paulc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:50 pm

Well done Thorpy, won in style on the last day with 4 points and NRR to spare :thumbsup
paulc

Postby wsx890410 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:38 pm

nailbiter today as i scored the winning runs off the last ball with 2 wickets to spare...
wsx890410

Postby KeepItCool » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:47 pm

Through to D1 SOD and D2 Youth. A loss in the T20 penultimate round prevented this from being a triple promotion season!
KeepItCool

Postby arbscure » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:51 pm

Fun season, thanks all. Congrats Torpedo.

Next season looks like a return to the desperate scrabble to try avoid relegation. And I'm looking forward to it immensely.
arbscure

Previous

Return to Sri Lanka