SL NT - The New Era

A place for players in Sri Lanka to communicate.
Cynic

Re: SL NT - The New Era

Post by Cynic » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:16 am

Would've preferred Rangana stayed home if he was gonna sit on his backside doing nothing this week. Would have played one more game than he did...
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:36 am

Looks like he played in the NZ game? Anyways, lesvo is best placed to address that.
Image Kiss My Chaminda Vaas Image Swings Both Ways
“Dravy is a very smart manager who somehow always manages to perform miracles” - Hellbound81

Lesvosace

Post by Lesvosace » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:22 am

Cynic wrote:Would've preferred Rangana stayed home if he was gonna sit on his backside doing nothing this week. Would have played one more game than he did...
Yer sorry he played the middle game but the other keeper is a better player and a lefty as well. Rangana lost some form and dropped to capable batsman which meant it was tough to get him in. He played 5 nat games this season though.
Sri Lanka National Team Manager Season 19-24. The longest serving Sri Lanka U19/U20 manager in history (probably)
U19 One Day World Cup Winner : Season 28 Image

bura

Post by bura » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:52 pm

Me, rkpny and Torps have managed to clinch the NOD 1 title on the 2nd attempt! Congrats to the SL lads! :clap

And thanks to @Dravy. He showed me a trick or two in the past which worked like a charm 2 times against the Scots in 2 last matches of the tours! :lol:

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 pm

No U19 thread anymore so I'll use this.

Something must be wrong with our youth stock if my underskilled FM barely passes the grade. :ninja

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:46 pm

bura wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:52 pm
And thanks to @Dravy. He showed me a trick or two in the past which worked like a charm 2 times against the Scots in 2 last matches of the tours! :lol:
Missed this back in April - you’re welcome.

Just remember to turn the hax code off before the Saturday updates run
“Dravy is a very smart manager who somehow always manages to perform miracles” - Hellbound81

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:10 pm

The friendlies will be super painful for my team. :ninja

bura

Post by bura » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:57 pm

After a gritty batting display on day 5 against Aus, SL has managed to beat Aus by 74 runs. In the process we have secured our 2nd NOD title in last 4 attempts! 8)

Aren’t my assistants awesome? :D

Lesvosace

Post by Lesvosace » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:29 am

nice job fellas.

8) 8)
Sri Lanka National Team Manager Season 19-24. The longest serving Sri Lanka U19/U20 manager in history (probably)
U19 One Day World Cup Winner : Season 28 Image

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:31 am

I’d like to think I taught bura everything he knows... :ninja

Sadly, my perception of reality v fiction is a little skewed :(

bura

Post by bura » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:00 am

@Les thx!

@Dravy I have indeed learned from you a lot! Especially is your day 5 techniques. SL has not lost a single day 5 game so far under my tenure. So you can definitely take some credits. :wink:

But these days assistants are also stepping up. And with torps back hopefully we can have a good show at the WC! 8)

bura

Post by bura » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Thanks, everyone for showing confidence in me one more time. It has been a privilege and an honor to lead the SL senior NAT team. While the last few seasons were good for us from NOD perspective, especially given the fact that MR wise we were only a middle-tier team, the WC performances were a little dull and disappointing tbh. Our bats just did not want to cooperate with us on the last one day WC. :lol: We would be searching for better efforts and lucks in the coming seasons. With this in mind, we will phase out the senior players (30/31 yr olds) slowly to better prepare for the WC in the future. In the next few weeks please expect a few unannounced squad changes.

NAT assistant wise, veteran rkpny has agreed to stay in as my assistant. He is a vital resource to the SL NAT community with his vast knowledge of FTP ME, astute match orders, and keen eyes to find out the right talents. He will continue to help me in this regard. I am also excited to announce, our intern assistant, jfam4 has shown great improvements over the last few seasons and has decided to take my offer to join the team full time. You will hear from him more about upcoming squad announcements, players to look out for different age groups, etc in the coming season. Please stay tuned!

I am grateful to the NAT managers who are taking extra efforts to train SL NATs and potential NATs. Please continue to train SL NATs. You all are fantastic managers and I offer you my sincere thanks on behalf of the whole NAT team for your continued support. In case you are in doubt, I can not emphasize more about training fielding and power. Although there are no hard and fast rules on what level is acceptable for a particular player, it is extremely likely that below spectacular fielding will simply be overlooked and exceptional fielding will be given preference. For power spectacular is a must, with the exception of spinners for whom I prefer around capable/reliable power. Please try to train at least spectacular fielding before your players turn 24 as after that it becomes increasingly difficult to train that skill. If you have any questions regarding training your players please don't hesitate to contact us with a question.

Lastly, the best way to help us will be to help the U20 team by pulling a Sri Lankan every week. Surely, we can only go as far as our pulls take us. :D If at any point you have any feedback for us or questions about your players please don't hesitate to contact us.

Hoping for a good, competitive next 2 seasons from the squad. Go Image

Cheers,
bura, rkpny, jfam4

Jfam4

Touring One Day Squad

Post by Jfam4 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:32 am

Asanka Arnolda (doobinator)
Jayantha Dinesh (Delhi DareWhackers)
Joeel Embiid (Thunder)
Nayana Gangodawila (iuhhui)
Kiribaba Junkeer (Lesvosace)
Thilanga Kannangara (amsterdammer)
Mahindananda Lakmini (Dhaka Metropolis)
Ashok Muhsin (Minor Mashervania)
Silida Pieris (Rusterren)
Lakshman Prabath (Master Ducking Bouncer)
Siripala Schaffter (Allmanna Idrottsklubben)
Hetuhamy Schoorman (Crease Lightning)
Sadun Shrath (Batandball)
Sugath Shrath (The Wrath of the Eggletons)
Ranjan Thaleratne (iuhhui)
Vinayagamoorthi Thambawita (Hopeless)
Selvam Ushanthi (Thunder)
Salinda Vitharana (Haxer)
Current South Africa Senior Manager - WC Winner S50 S56
Former Bermuda Senior Assistant
Former Bermuda U20 Assistant
Former South Africa U20 Assistant
Former Sri Lanka Senior Assistant

bura

Post by bura » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Congrats to the managers whose players are chosen for the tour! Thanks to you for your players' support! :thumbsup

bura

Post by bura » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Good start to the tour! Had them at 8/143 but their strong tail wagged and scored 206 on Dry/windy.

Managed to chase that easily though. Debutant Kiribaba Junkeer scored a 61 to lead the chase. :clap

Result: Sri Lanka won by 5 wickets

Match Ratings
Sri Lanka Zimbabwe
Batting - Top Order 15,314 15,369
Batting - Middle Order 12,659 12,876
Batting - Tail 5,025 8,269
Bowling - Seam 14,238 (20) 14,457 (20)
Bowling - Spin 15,400 (30) 14,869 (30)
Fielding/Keeping 17,706 17,475
Overall 254,766 263,740

Next game against the Savvy Kenyans on Flat/Windy