[Senior] Announcements

A place for players in Bangladesh to communicate.
Chad

Re: [Senior] Announcements

Post by Chad » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:34 pm

I have arranged friendlies and cleaned out the old squad. Unfortunately the rest of Bangladesh U-19 management is largely inactive. It is tough as the last elections were 4ish? seasons ago when a term is usually 2. It's expected this might happen with a long term and no matches. I had some good players in the previous team and some good prospects coming through so I wouldn't mind seeing what I could do with this squad. As an assistant for many seasons and titles and YOD 1.1 I think that I could do the job. That being said if monkeyman wants the job he has many of the best trained Bangldeshi players past and present so that would also be good outcome for Bangladesh U19.

caradon

Post by caradon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Been a funny few seasons with missed elections and no tours. Good to see a new squad, Chad, and hopefully election and tours will happen this season.

Just winding down my Bangladesh youth farm as taking a bunch through to full seniors, but my youth pulls have been woeful for a few seasons now. In the coming season I expect ratings of c.75k for a bunch of youths all recruited from a deluxe academy. :(

My affiliate has a 2-8 losing record in Scotland Yth 1.1 to Chad, and he's just romped to the title again.

Good news for U19s if both of you keen to be involved. :wink:

Chad

Post by Chad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Cheers Caradon. We've had some good matches over the seasons sorry to hear you're going away from youths this season. Don't worry tho I've had 1 good pull in about 3 seasons so you're not alone there :(

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:33 pm

Twenty20 National Tour 14th-18th September

Not much rest between tours is there!!

I'm looking forward to my first T20 tour as National Manager, and as such am pleased to announce the following touring party:

Batsmen

Sujay Dhawan ( Allmanna Idrottsklubben )
Mahfuz Khan ( Mohammedan Sports Club )
Minhaz Khatun ( Mohammedan Sports Club )
Ahuja Patankar ( MM's Hockey Girls )
Ajitesh Rangachari ( Dhaka Metropolis )
Ashish Sharma ( Glen Fruin )
Hasibul Taher ( Hoarders CC )

Wicket Keepers

Fedor Emelianenko ( Maulers CC )
Gautham Vishwanath ( Caradon CC )

Bowlers

Alamgir Baisya ( Dhaka Metropolis )
Vinay Chopra ( Rusterren )
Shukla Ghosh ( Glen Fruin )
Sadi Mabud ( Caradon CC )
Rajib Omar ( Badsey CC )
Paul Pogba ( The Mighty Imps )
Mushfiq Rahman ( MM's Hockey Girls )
Abdul Rashid ( Dhaka Metropolis )
Ishan Reddy ( Glen Fruin )

Obviously the aim is to gain promotion to Nat Twenty20 division 2, and I will do my best to try and achieve this. There will certainly be no easy games at this level as all National Managers will be trying to do the same, and we could do with a little luck also. We have fared quite well with the pitches we have to play on, dry, dry, uneven, dry and uneven.

First game up is against South Africa on 14th September at 13:00 hours, needless to say it will be vital to try and get a good positive result from this game.

This tour will probably represent a final swansong for some of the current squad as I plan to make a few changes and introduce the next generation of National Players. Friendlies will be arranged for all the squad to be tried and tested in readiness for the next tour, so watch this space for further news on that.

It is my intention, work permitting, to update the community of all matches played, player performances and Managers' thoughts etc, in this and other upcoming tours and friendlies that I am in charge of.

Any queries, thoughts, ideas are always welcome so please feel to ask or comment.

Just a reminder, if anyone is interested in becoming involved with the Bangladesh National set up as an Assistant please contact me, here or direct.

Dave11
Bangladesh National Manager (season 45 & 46 )

Bangladesh National Assistant ( season 47 & 48 )

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:50 pm

The last of the warm up games was completed yesterday ( Sat 12th Sept ) against The Netherlands at The Amsterdam Oval.

The game was played in Overcast conditions on a crumbling pitch, Rangachari won the toss for the Tigers and we decided to bowl The match lit up immediately as Mozart faced up to Chopra and after 14 runs coming from the first five balls Chopra got his man, lbw, he was caught plumb in front of the stumps. The game settled down, and despite some rather dodgy fielding by the Tigers, two dropped catches and missed a stumping, the Netherlands batted well up until overs 12 and 13, losing two wickets within five balls. Over 14 bought another wicket leaving the Dutch on 127-4, the 18th over saw Mabud chip in with a wicket and the 19th bought two wickets for fast bowler Baisya. Chopra took the eighth wicket and the Dutch closed their innings on 142-8.

In reply, The Tigers scored 22 from the first two overs before losing both openers, Khatun and Khan in the third over, Vermeltfoort the bowler. Over number six saw Rangachari depart off the bowling of J Kos, who then took care of Emelianenko for 18 in the 10th, leaving us on74-4. Van der Lijn sorted out Dhawan, who made a decent 23, leaving us to find 24 runs from 5 overs. Despite losing three late wickets in six balls Baisya scored a superb 6 giving us a total of 145-8 and a two wicket victory with one ball remaining.

Mabud took the Man of the Match award thanks to a fine 2-25 with the ball in hand and a solid 19 runs with the bat. Exciting stuff!

Monday 14th sees the start of the National Twenty20 Div Three tour, first up are South Africa at the Astrophiles United Stadium, with a start time of 13:00 hours and conditions will be humid and we will play on a dry pitch.

Fingers crossed for a positive result in this game but I know there are no easy games and we will need our share of luck!

I will do my best to keep my thoughts and match reports up to date throughout the week.

Dave11

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Another Senior Announcement today concerns the National Squad.

I would like to thank the following players for all their contributions to the Bangladesh National team, this now makes it five players that I have retired from National duty as I look to bring in younger players with on going thoughts towards the next National One Day Tour at the end of September, and future tours.

retired are

Hemang Gavaskar
Sanjay Kulkarni
Ishant Saravanan.

I am pleased to announce that the following three players have been introduced to the National Squad.

Ajit Bali aged 28.02 ( Caradon CC ) right arm finger spin bowler and very useful all rounder
Mashrafe Khalim aged 28.05 ( Glen Fruin ) right arm fast medium bowler
Shahrukh Taher aged 27.05 ( Glen Fruin ) right arm fast bowler.

hopefully the above three will have a very prosperous International future.

Added last month and whom I forgot to announce were

Suresh Gupta aged 26.06 ( Glen Fruin ) wicket keeper
Satish Durani aged 27.04 ( Rustars ) right arm fast medium all rounder.

I plan on adding a further one or two players to the Squad once the current T20 tour is complete.

I will endeavour to contact all managers who have players currently with the National Squad to discuss the training and development of the players going forward so that we are concentrating the training on all the relevant areas required by the player to progress, which will in turn hopefully make the Bangladesh National team more able to compete, even though we dont have the player numbers available like the bigger nations.

I will update on any further Squad changes as they happen.

Dave 11

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi All,

Well that was a very disappointing start to the Nat Twenty20 tour. A three wicket defeat at the hands of South Africa. A hard fought, fairly close game came down to missed opportunities I'm afraid. We were in the game for a long period, however I always felt we were at least 25-30 runs short of a total that would cause South Africa problems.

Five chances came our way and we failed to take any of them. Some very poor fielding has again cost us when it mattered, maybe therein lies one of the major training shortfalls, our fielding needs to be much better and I would certainly be asking all managers of National players to have a look at this area of the players development as this isn't the first time poor fielding has cost us dear in games, indeed on many occasions in the last threes seasons it has been the main reason we find ourselves in division three, and has been the difference in close games between winning and losing.

I am also afraid to say one or two of our players didn't have the best of games and indeed were disappointing to say the least. I was pleased with certain elements of our game and although at the end of the day we lost, I also feel I may have made a small error with a couple of the bowling orders for a couple of players which resulted in more runs being conceded than I expected. I have hopefully fixed this issue now and we look forward to the second game against England on Tuesday 15th September at Astwood Allstars CG and again the start time is 13:00 hours.

Thanks to everyone who follows the Tigers and tuned in today, I am looking forward to tomorrows game and hopeful of a more positive result, if we are to gain promotion then this is a must win game!

Dave11

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi all,

I have not had much chance to get on due to work, two decent results back to back leave us with a chance of promotion, however results do need to go our way and it pains me to say it lol being English, we need them to beat New Zealand and we need to beat Zimbabwe, who to be honest have been even more unlucky than we have, and I cant believe they haven't won a game yet. We will need to be at our very best to have any chance of winning the game.
Today's game was turned with the performance of Omar, a fine five wicket haul set us up nicely and New Zealand never recovered from his three wicket over. We can be proud of him tonight.

After the last game we can look forward to the next One Day Tour in Sri Lanka, I don't foresee many changes to the squad and I have started to arrange a few friendlies in preparation for the tour.

Fingers crossed for a performance we can be proud of tomorrow and whatever happens its been a great experience and rest assured I will do my best to achieve the best results for the Tigers.!

Dave 11

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Hi all,
Well that wasn't in the script, but you have to say well done the the Zimbabwe team in gaining their first victory in the Div 3 T20.

I don't really know how to sum that game up, apart from being very disappointed on the whole from a batting perspective, we seem to lack the necessary ability at times to stay at the crease and build upon a good start. Time after time I see batting collapses and whether this can be put down to the match engine favoring bowlers, bad luck or just poor batting I'm not entirely sure.

Its fair to say that it has been an underwhelming start to my tenure as National Manager but we need to dust ourselves down and go again, keep positive thoughts and hope that in the upcoming One Day Tour we can improve on performances.

Once again my apologies to all Tigers fans for the rather poor tour, I am preparing to bring in a couple of fresh faces into the Squad which will hopefully see us go forward in positive fashion.

I will announce the Touring party very soon, in the meantime we have a friendly arranged for tomorrow ( Sat 19th Sept ) against Pakistan, start time is 08:00 hrs at Bangladesh CG, where I intend to try out some of the newer faces I have bought into the Squad already.

Dave11

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:02 pm

National One Day Tour time again.

I have decided to bring in some fresh faces for the upcoming tour in Sri Lanka.

We will be playing on dry, sticky and crumbling pitches, so with that in mind I have selected the following players

Batsmen

Ambathi Binny ( Intoxicated XI )
Sujay Dhawan ( Allmanna Idrotsklubben )
Irfan Gony ( Caradon CC )
Mhafuz Khan ( Mohammedan Sports Club )
Ahuja Patankar ( MM's Hockey Girls )
Ajitesh Rangachari ( Dhaka Metropolis )
Ashish Sharma ( Glen Fruin )

W/K

Fedor Emelianenko ( Maulers CC )
Suresh Gupta ( Glen Fruin )

Bowlers

Vinay Chopra ( Rusterren )
Sanjeev Khanolkar ( Glen Fruin )
Sadi Mabud ( Caradon CC )
Rajib Omar ( Badsey CC )
Paul Pogba ( The Mighty Imps )
Abdul Rashid ( Dhaka Metropolis )
Ishan Reddy ( Glen Fruin )
Kapil Sachdev ( Glen Fruin )
Sharukh Taher ( Glen Fruin )

friendlies this week if you are interested and want bookmark;

Scotland V Bangladesh @ RabC Nesbitt Field 23rd Sept 10;00hrs
Canada v Bangladesh @ Canuck Stadium 26th Sept 12;00hrs

Saturday 19th saw us play a friendly v Pakistan, it also saw a marvellous bowling display from Glen Fruins bowlers who took all ten wickets between the, stand out man being fast bowler Shahrukh Shah taking 5-5 off just 3.1 overs. We fielded an experimental side with players playing in the match who needed some experience and it was nice to see what some of them could do. I will be trying out other options in the following two friendlies.

here's hoping for a great week!

Dave11

Dave11

Post by Dave11 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi all,

Not had much time to post just recently due to work and other commitments, however, during the National One Day Tour we had a fairly successful week and so much so that we were even with a shout of winning it on day five!

So how was the week, well we did better than people expected I think given the young average age of the squad. We had some very promising performances from all the young players in the squad, who all did themselves proud. We finished second in the league behind New Zealand and a big well done to them for clinching the title by winning their last game while we were busy losing to Kenya on a sticky pitch, whether it might have been different had we won the toss and set a target we will never know, but its always a difficult pitch to chase any score on.

The outcome is we are now certain of a World Cup appearance next season.

I have arranged quite a few friendlies in the next couple of weeks and it is my intention to use and rotate all the current 30 man squad in games in varying conditions so i get to see what the players can do.

there wasn't great deal of admin coverage of the One Day tour but you can view the games and the group table.

As usual if anyone has any questions please message in the normal way. thanks

Dave11