Season 39 match discussion

A place for players in Zimbabwe to communicate.

Re: Season 39 match discussion

Postby Kaidus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Umpires is spot on here (I had a quick look at your squads myself).

TBH I'd fire everyone under $3k wage, play the best XI in your T20 games and play everyone else for experience in OD games.

Oh, and I'd play that 17yr old $1.1k waged guy in all three, only leaving him out of games once he hits moderate fatigue.
Kaidus

Postby Dannimax » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Seems like Biddie Massie could have quite a future. ;)

im still not sure, if Biddie being a part in the T20s wouldnt make my team worser than now. On the other hand, i dont see a big chance of being relegated down again. I wouldnt have anything to lose. As im still new in the game, my only question would be... what would be the use of promoting Biddie to the A-Show? I remember, i got told, that their skilltraining doesnt concern if they play or not, they get their training anyway. Is it just for the expirience? Is Expirience THAT important in the game?
Dannimax

Postby thebof » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:28 am

Mid season update...

Senior One Day 3.4 - As expected. One win for my youths. Sitting in 7th place.

T20 4.2 - A league full of bots, so 7 wins from 7 with experience for my 16/17 year olds being the only benefit.

Youth One Day 1.1 - All going better than I hoped for. 7 wins from 7 with my nearest rival on 5 wins. Hopefully I can pick up my first top division title in 7 weeks.
thebof

Postby umpires11 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:53 am

My mid-season update.

Senior OD - 3rd with a 4-3 record. No easy games as expected, 1 win ahead of 6th, 2 wins and run rate behind 2nd

T20 - Won last night to go to 4-4 and 3rd place. 2nd division but no easy games everyone from 2nd to 8th capable of beating each other on their day

Youth - 0-7 but showing some signs in the last couple of games including taking 5 wickets against the undefeated Master XI and scoring 235 runs and taking 7 wickets last week.

Goals for remainder of the season are to maintain position in Senior grades and show improvement in the Youth matches as the squad stays together next season.
umpires11

Previous

Return to Zimbabwe