Nats Season 40

A place for players in Zimbabwe to communicate.

Nats Season 40

Postby TopManager » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks to all those who supported me. (Let me just repeat what I've said on the blog)
1)
If you want to be an active assistant for Zimbabwe - give me a shout through IGM and we can see whether you would be a good fit!

2)
I would like to thank Cleanprophet for his good work over the last 2 seasons. I look forward to building that solid work.

Any queries give me a shout through IGM.
TM
Zimbabwe Assistant Manager
TopManager

Re: Nats Season 40

Postby cleanprophet » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Congrats on getting the job. We've had a decent 3 seasons and hopefully that can be built on. Getting to tier one was good because we hadn't been there for nearly 30 seasons, but unfortunately we crashed back down to tier two straight away. We started the WC with 2 wins, but again that wasn't built upon and we crashed out of the WC. Much was promised but we fell just a little short.

All being well, we can get back into tier one and stay there and then get to another WC and make the knock-out stage where anything can happen.

Clearly, strike bowlers are absolutely massive. It was clear early on that fast bowlers would win the last WC and that is what happened. We do have a decent quick in McLean and potential in Rolo. Sadly, there are absolutely not other fast bowlers on the horizon. We do have some very good wrist spinners, so if we get the right pitches we can compete with anyone.

The bad news is that we've lost two players already to teams going bot (Killen and Bunjira).
cleanprophet

Postby Summit » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:38 pm

First Tour squads have been announced

Congratulations to all players & managers!

Reginald Allen - Capalaba Crackheads
Ephat Chimbetu - Strand Honde
Beric Dondarrion - Badsey CC
Gordon Hart - Hay Reptiles
Leonard Hofstadter - The Wrath of the Eggletons
Jannie Jennings - Topmen
Benjani Kekana - Pork swords
Johan Landenberg - Essex
Al Imandin - Alva CC
Greg Mclaren - Aces XI
Kirsten Moroney - Mighty Tigers 2nd XI
Edward O'Connor - RIZWAN Royals (RR)
Ed Sheeran - Shaktar Senseless
Tendai Shezi - Crni Zmajevi Cricket Club
Blessing Siboto - Crazy Horses
Samwell Tarly - Badsey CC
George Trott - Leggo's Army
Scott Wilkes - TTTHG

Special mentions to the following players for making their debut tour
Ephat Chimbetu
Johan Landenberg
Edward O'Connor
Samwell Tarly

This season ZImbabwe have won the hosting rights for the first tour of Nat One Day Div 2!

Matches will be played at 13:00 FTP time and will be played on a combination of Dry, Crumbling & Sticky pitches.

First Match will be the 11th of March!
Zimbabwe Nat Assistant S40

I come for the Bot Bashing
Summit

Postby Summit » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:31 am

First match of the Seniors tour was completed overnight (Aus Time)

Unfortunately batting first and fell 30-40 runs short of the par total

Top order held their head up but Middle order collapsed to be all out for 179

With this sub par total it enabled Canada to chase the required runs down in 43 overs.

Hard start to the first tour but we will build and aim fro a better result against Ireland

Summit

Postby Summit » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:32 pm

2nd match of the tour has been completed!!

Batting first once again our batsman posted a strong total of 241 in Dry/Cloudy conditions.

Dondarrion the stand out in the defense of the total bowling Ireland out for 192 after a middle order collapse.

This victory has catapulted us into 2nd position with a strong NRR

Bermuda to come in our next game which shapes up to be a decisive match in the competition.

Summit

Postby TopManager » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 pm

To the thousands of Zimbabwean FTP grassroots supporters, I will give you my thoughts on the tour, as one of your many inalienable rights as Zimbabwean FTP supporters.

I'm personally disappointed with how the tour has gone, with us winning the touring rights, we should have won at least 3 games. Consequently, I will reflect on the orders and squad selection throughout the next few weeks. Whilst, this is no great NAT squad - I believe a WC qualification is achievable, and this tour is ultimately only a minor setback. Our 20/20 qualification is highly probable. Therefore, it gives us an opportunity to think about the WC from the get go, with younger players who can gain some experiance - as well as send out some messages to managers in regards to expectations on endurance and fielding.

I would like to thank Summit, Cleanprophet and Farooqee for there advice and support over the last week.

TM
Zimbabwe Assistant Manager
TopManager

Return to Zimbabwe