Most consecutive league wins

General gameplay questions can be posted here.

Most consecutive league wins

Postby thewalkabouter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:52 am

I am on the verge of winning my third straight Youth League (div 5, div 4, div 3) http://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueoverview.htm?lsId=77402

A couple of questions:

1) What is the record for this, I'm assuming there was at least one person with 4 wins.

2) I'm considering throwing my last game of the season so that I stay in the lower league (and hence keep supporter mood high). Is this a logical thought? I have done an analysis on next seasons teams and my own. Considering I had a golden era the last two seasons, and the ratings of the teams in the higher league, it is pretty much guaranteed I will be demoted next season if I am promoted this one.
thewalkabouter

Re: Most consecutive league wins

Postby thebof » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:14 am

1) No idea

2) Nothing wrong with the logic. However, there's a couple of bot teams in div 2.2, so there's a chance you'll be promoted finishing second anyway. Personally I'd go for the title and bigger prize money.
Not Now Bernard Image Season 39 Youth 1.1 Champions
Steelboks
thebof

Postby MOD-DanAndrew » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:02 am

No idea on 1 either. But it would make more financial sense not to throw the last game and make sure you promote, sponsorship + gate takings would be more.
Image Badsey CC
Image Affiliatey McAffiliateface
Image Netherlands Nat Manager. Former U19 Manager.
MOD-DanAndrew
MOD

Postby desert7 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:17 pm

1) With my main youth side I won 4 in a row going unbeaten in process. No where near as good as it sounds as it was in England seasons 11-14 from div 7 to div 4. I'd be sure others have done better in terms of more titles in a row...

My affiliate youth side also won 4 in a row (in West Indies) going from div 5 (halfway through season when took over) to div 1 and very nearly winning div 1 at first attempt. Two of the sides who started in same div 5 are in div 1 with me now (Exiles & Market Blandings)

2) win it and maybe try to buy in decent 18yo players to compete next season, especially if you focus on youths. Decent youth players can be bought at reasonable prices if you are patient, though in 2/3 weeks time anything decent could be expensive at EOS/SOS. Alternatively buy 16/17yo's for future. Maybe sell some senior/youth players EOS (after prize money awarded) to have a bankroll for future...
West Indies U19 Manager: S22/23, S25 (after Atko left), S26/27, S29 (after Berskowl), S32/33
West Indies U19 Assistant S20/21, S29, S34/35, S36/37

Main team: Gold Prospectors X1
Affiliate: Antiguan Golden Cats
desert7

Postby leaguegod » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 am

my affiliate (http://www.fromthepavilion.org/teamhist ... eamId=6154) youth team

won div 2.1 one season and then did a 3 peat in div one in australia for 4 in total

pretty sure a fair few youth sides have gone on similar or better runs when they focus on that over seniors.

dan tells you why to promote financially, i'll throw another point in, experience is slightly more the higher the division you are in
Major Titles(Main)
RSA SOD Div 1.1 Seasons 9 & 38
RSA YOD 1.1 Season 6
Pavilion Cup Season 36
Major Titles (affiliate)
AUS YOD 1.1 Seasons 32, 33 & 34
leaguegod

Postby thewalkabouter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 am

Thanks for your replies guys.

4 looks to be not rare, I wonder if any one has done 5?
Excellent work by those who have 4!!!

Taking into consideration the increased experience and gate takings I think I'll aim for the win. My last game is a tricky 50/50 one where I'm playing away against someone if similar quality.
Hopefully I have confused them with my constantly changing tactics through out the year.

Even if I was to be demoted it will be great experience for the youth players I'm eyeing up for a future senior berth.

My tactic it's to eventually promote my seniors through the ranks by having the youth academy produce the senior players.
thewalkabouter

Postby Hellbound81 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 am

You may not always get the type of players you want or need, but that 10% wage discount goes a long way to make your top seniors more affordable.

In terms of constantly changing tactics, with the youths it is important to settle on a team to give the players all the matches possible for their experience to develop properly. Experience is a make or break aspect in this game that can swing tight matches in your favor. Youth matches provide the greatest experience gain from all the formats, therefore you should try to include him from 17, 16 if possible, when you recruit a really nice youth you, even when he is not well developed yet.

As a homegrown team it important to try and push your youth academy as high as possible based on what you can afford, it provides your youths with a better level of entry when they move on to the senior team where they can be useful sooner.

Deluxe is very expensive and the revenue you will get from matches and prize money does not cover it, but it has a significant difference compared to Superior (the affordable option). Your training gains are higher and you have a better chance to recruit decent players.

Good players you do not have a use for you can always sell for a fair amount to help cover costs, but otherwise you are looking at your senior team to subsidize your youth academy and the 10% wage discount you get is a big part of that.

Depending on the nationality of the players you are recruiting, get in touch with the respective U19 manager to find out what is expected for them to make the top level.
Image Coastal Knights - proudly homegrown
Image Coastal Guardians - South African youth farm
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-)
Hellbound81

Postby paulos » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 am

desert7 wrote:1) With my main youth side I won 4 in a row going unbeaten in process. No where near as good as it sounds as it was in England seasons 11-14 from div 7 to div 4. I'd be sure others have done better in terms of more titles in a row...

My affiliate youth side also won 4 in a row (in West Indies) going from div 5 (halfway through season when took over) to div 1 and very nearly winning div 1 at first attempt. Two of the sides who started in same div 5 are in div 1 with me now (Exiles & Market Blandings)

I hadn't realised until I looked it up now but my Exiles youth team has won 5 consecutive titles. 3 successive promotions from Division 4 and then two Division 1 titles. That run has come to an end this season

I should mention that I am running my affiliate as a Youth farm with no interest in the senior team which makes it a lot easier to do the above
paulos

Postby schizoid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:31 am

Sons of pitches has won the last 5 youth div 1 titles and could make it 6 this season but are currently sat 2nd. Theyve won 6 of the last 7
Schizoid, Manager of Welby CC and Welby Orange
schizoid

Postby tonk6464 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:11 am

Congrats to the above posters on their achievements. :thumbsup

My team has won 7 consecutive Div.1 T20 titles in Australia, and is close to securing an 8th straight title this season. :D

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=5072

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/leaguehi ... 77303#curr
tonk6464

Return to Game Discussion