Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Re: Answers to Ask Ash Questions

Post by FTP-ashario » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 am

Bustergut wrote:Does the bowling variety bonus take into account which bowlers are bowling with whom or is it calculated at the beginning of the innings based upon the bowlers selected to play?
Calculated at the start of the innings

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:15 am

Bustergut wrote:All other things being equal, does a seamer bowling overs 1, 3, 5 & 7 have a greater wicket taking chance in over 1 than over 3 which has a greater chance than 5?

Does a spinner bowling overs 1, 3, 5 & 7 have more control in over 7 than 5 than 3 etc?
Yes, yes.

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:06 am

CactusMan wrote:Why, when you use the "Suggest Lineup" feature, does it always position your AR's further up in the batting lineup than your pure batsmen?

I.E: I hit Suggest Lineup, and my AR always gets 'suggested' to bat at 6, while a pure batsman bats below him at 7.

Is there something we're missing? Is this optimal?
The suggest lineup feature gets the best 5 batsmen, the best keeper, the best 5 bowlers and sorts them in batting summary skill. If one of the best 5 bats is also one of the best 5 bowlers, it selects an additional batsman as required.

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:06 am

rogue wrote:following on from my previous questions about bowling triggers:

1. does the skill of the batsman affect the chance of a wicket on a triggered delivery?

2. do the orders of the batsman affect the chances of taking a wicket on a triggered delivery?

3. does the fielding rating affect the chances of taking a wicket on a triggered delivery?

thanks... :)
1. yes
2. yes
2. no

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 am

GKZhukov wrote:All other things being equal would a Fast Bowler with a trigger talent or Medium Bowler with NBB benefit more from opening the bowling?
Good question!
GKZhukov wrote:I know bowling a Spinner with the New Ball is generally a bad idea, but is there any kind of penalty for bowling a Spinner at the death (or conversely a bonus for bowling a quick)?
no

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 am

salop wrote:hello my friend, does the boost players get from talents such as opener(who opens the batting) or skilled batting appear in the match ratings? if so how would it work if you had say a spin speicalist in your team which only has a chance of triggering the boost?
Skilled batting and bowling - yes
All other talents - no

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:09 am

berksowl wrote:So does the RHB and LHB batting variety have no bearing on who bats with who? Is that also calculated at the start of the innings?
It is a fixed percentage bonus for the partnership

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 am

Cynic wrote:
FTP-ashario wrote:
Cynic wrote:What would take longer, a bot flush or a bot reset (i.e. humans-turned-bots getting reverted back to something resembling a 'new' bot)?
Not sure I understand the question
This is an EOS thing which you probably recognised. Which would make EOS updates take longer than usual: sending all existing bots to the lowest leagues and promoting and rearranging human teams into potentially different leagues and divisions altogether, including those who have moved; or taking all human-turned-bot teams and resetting them to what resembles a fresh 'bot' or a newly-formed human team?
A bot flush vs the normal EOS update takes about the same time.

Reset of bot teams is quite an expensive operation at the moment.

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 am

Vershner wrote:Do aggressive or defensive orders on a batsman affect how often his accumulator or boundary hitter talent will trigger?
Not directly, although that may change in the future

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:02 am

rogue wrote:Do fast bowlers receive more benefit on crumbling than other seam bowling types??
Excellent question!

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:06 am

GM-deltronzero wrote:Regarding the weather, the game manual states:
Weather forecasts are carried out approximately two and a half hours before matches start in a country, so managers will always know what the weather will be at least 2 hours before they have to submit orders for the match
I thought I saw you post (maybe in another Ask Ash thread) that the weather is 'locked' at the update the day prior to the match. Is this correct or is the manual correct?
Game manual is wrong

Updated for versiuon 160

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 am

DG31 wrote:Does power affect the frequency with which the "Boundary Hitter" talent is triggered?
Sort of, but probably not in the way you might expect.

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Soomro wrote:Most of the time when the innings enters the final few overs, the fielding team starts failing fielding checks more often as compared to early overs. I have felt this for a number of matches. Is this true? And if it is then why.

Thanks
If we ignore fielder tiredness as a factor, from memory, when the batsmen scramble runs at the end it is more likely for a runout chance to sort of be a half chance only, and more difficult than normal for the fielding team to pass.

So, in effect, the batsmen are pushing harder for runs, without being suicidal.

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Citizen wrote: 5. Is the Gifedt (Talent) a constant percentage increase? E.g. Gifted (Batting) gives batting a 20% increase, does Gifted (Endurance) give Endurance a 20% increase? Or do the Gifted percentages vary depending on which skill is gifted?
This is one for people to work out themselves, and shouldnt be too hard if you track ratings changes over time.

FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Post by FTP-ashario » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 pm

wolfberries wrote:I assume the debt warning are separate for my main and associate teams as with everything else,?
yes