Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
Jim

Re: Open Forum (Ask GMs)

Post by Jim » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:47 pm

GM-Butlee wrote:He did make a game news this week. It's something, right? :)
It's something :wink:
Herosnzeros Titles: T20: S35
Crazy Horses Titles: YOD: S29. Pavilion cup S39
NZ U19s NM S26-29 AM 24-25. Scottish NM 33-34 37-, AM 30-32 35-36

CricketGodMate977

Post by CricketGodMate977 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 am

GM-Butlee wrote:Nah it's fine. I meant to close it a week ago. Just wanted to give peeps some notice so it doesn't feel like I'm shutting down people when they're commenting in here :)
No worries, cheers mate :thumbsup
Image Current Netherlands U20 NAT Manager (Former Assistant)
S38,S40 U19 One Day World Cup Winners (S37 T20 WC Runners Up, S52 One Day WC Runners up)

Manager of Gazza Lyon's XI and Western Bulldogs CC

desert7

Post by desert7 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:48 pm

CricketGodMate977 wrote:I totally agree with what most of the others have said.

As much as I'd like to see the game develop a bit more, I am quite happy to pay the $40 a year to keep my membership, mainly because I want to keep my affiliate going as I have developed it into a quite a handy side. I've played FTP since Season 20 so I've really become attached with the game and would hate for it to be shut down. It seems there are less and less members being online regularly, I remember when there used to be 500+ members online consistently and it's sad to see those numbers go down.

I'm not going to go down the road of blaming any of the admins for the lack of additions to the game in the last few seasons, I feel it'd be wrong to do that as we all have lives outside this game like work and families. As much as I'd love to see the game develop and become something bigger and better, I'm quite happy with the way it's going and will continue playing it no matter what.

I feel for the game to develop, it may be worth advertising it somewhere and possibly getting the Facebook page up and running again.
Well said m8 :)

At least membership is more or less stable and with IPL, etc.. numbers may start rising again. I intend to buy membership when I can (had a tough financial year and struggling like many) and keep my affiliate going.

It's been a frustrating year on FTP, but at least the game itself is very stable. Not so long back there were server/code problems, so maybe we should all count our blessings...
simmo014 wrote: I think some praise and appreciation for the current Admin team is definitely warranted here. They have been keeping the game going while this extended absence from Ash has been happening, and while it is clear everyone is growing increasingly disheartened by the lack of communication from the very top, without the effort from the current Admin in his absence we likely wouldn't have a game at all (or a forum to complain on lol). From what I can see from my armchair it is a relatively thankless job that they manage to do very well given the tough position they are in. Good job lads :thumbsup
Very much second this also Simmo. I thought GM's/Admins were paid squillions whilst on their FTP duties :lol:

As for Ash whatever he makes from the game he deserves, just wish it was a bit more... :doh

Regarding the future of the game, I hope Ash has time to do fixes/updates or the game otherwise develops. TBH though I think the best way forward maybe to more or less freeze the current game whilst stable. Maybe a future version FTP 2 could be developed that really goes beyond the current game. A real major shift with reworked players / ME / Graphical game action / Boundary music (whoo ooh, weeeohhh, whoops sorry) / etc... OK a dream maybe at the current juncture and I know a lot of problems/naysayers, not least separate servers/dev time/etc.. but online sport management games are gonna evolve and FTP in its present form only has a certain lifetime... :think
West Indies U19 Manager: S22/23, S25 (after Atko left), S26/27, S29 (after Berskowl), S32/33, S38-43
West Indies U19 Assistant S20/21, S29, S34/35, S36/37, S44-

Main team: Gold Prospectors X1
Affiliate: Antiguan Golden Cats

desert7

Post by desert7 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Maybe your right DZ, at least in the short/medium term, with mobile where much action is at/going to. Mobile also seems to be going turbo/quick thrill, from what I understand, so T20/Ten10/F5 is the implication there... :shock: :think

However cricket fans are also known as quite a die hard traditional lot (maybe 50% or so anyway), so implies 3/4 Day format needs to be catered for :think

Have not played ICC for maybe 5 years now, you used to be able to challenge teams online even then, though limited opponent numbers. OSM games are gonna evolve to be more complex/graphical for sure, there will be much overlap to ICC and the like, IMO its inevitable, just a question of when and in how many phases maybe. FTP, buzzerbeater and the like in their current incarnations have anywhere from 2-10 years left IMO. For what its worth Buzzer beater has similar problems to FTP, lost many managers, affiliate/2nd team helped both economies, both stalled in really going forward, however both fairly stable and good for 2-? years at least...

But who knows what's just around the corner :wall :doh
West Indies U19 Manager: S22/23, S25 (after Atko left), S26/27, S29 (after Berskowl), S32/33, S38-43
West Indies U19 Assistant S20/21, S29, S34/35, S36/37, S44-

Main team: Gold Prospectors X1
Affiliate: Antiguan Golden Cats

CricketGodMate977

Post by CricketGodMate977 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:42 am

desert7 wrote:Maybe your right DZ, at least in the short/medium term, with mobile where much action is at/going to. Mobile also seems to be going turbo/quick thrill, from what I understand, so T20/Ten10/F5 is the implication there... :shock: :think

However cricket fans are also known as quite a die hard traditional lot (maybe 50% or so anyway), so implies 3/4 Day format needs to be catered for :think

Have not played ICC for maybe 5 years now, you used to be able to challenge teams online even then, though limited opponent numbers. OSM games are gonna evolve to be more complex/graphical for sure, there will be much overlap to ICC and the like, IMO its inevitable, just a question of when and in how many phases maybe. FTP, buzzerbeater and the like in their current incarnations have anywhere from 2-10 years left IMO. For what its worth Buzzer beater has similar problems to FTP, lost many managers, affiliate/2nd team helped both economies, both stalled in really going forward, however both fairly stable and good for 2-? years at least...

But who knows what's just around the corner :wall :doh
Look, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love long form cricket, it's by far the best form in my opinion but I just don't see how 3-4 day cricket could go in this game, It'd be very tough to lay out. It'd be pretty cool though.
Image Current Netherlands U20 NAT Manager (Former Assistant)
S38,S40 U19 One Day World Cup Winners (S37 T20 WC Runners Up, S52 One Day WC Runners up)

Manager of Gazza Lyon's XI and Western Bulldogs CC

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

Probably best of a bad lot :ninja
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member