Quick Questions v3

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby Cynic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 am

kiwi2011 wrote:In practice yes

I tried being cute and playing my younger seniors against a 200k team turned bot.

Never. Again.
Image Yellow Comet Image The Hybrid Dolphins Image USA.
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.
Cynic

Postby kiwi2011 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:44 am

Cynic wrote:

I tried being cute and playing my younger seniors against a 200k team turned bot.

Never. Again.

cute has never been foremost in my mind when you are part of the discussion.
Scotland U19 assistant s18-19 Scotland senior assistant s23-25 New Zealand assistant u19 s20-22
kiwi2011

Postby Cynic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:46 am

kiwi2011 wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Never. Again.

cute has never been foremost in my mind when you are part of the discussion.

Cleve--...

Sneaky. Lazy. Reckless.
Cynic

Postby kiwi2011 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:48 am

nope
understated possibly
Scotland U19 assistant s18-19 Scotland senior assistant s23-25 New Zealand assistant u19 s20-22
kiwi2011

Postby Cynic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:50 am

kiwi2011 wrote:nope
understated possibly

Still managed to promote which was good for me. Then i dumped all my winners and got sent back down again.

WinnerWinnerSheenDinner.jpg
Cynic

Postby Epipsychidion » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:38 pm

So while I was browsing recently, I came across one of the top teams in the game, and noticed that most of their senior players had a NAT star next to them.

This got me thinking - I assume this is also the case for quite a few teams in Div 1s across the game. However, what happens if most of those players get picked for tours, so that the team's senior squad availability for the week is significantly under 11? Do they have to make up the difference with youths?

I can't say this question is especially relevant to me (never had a senior NAT!), but I'm still curious - does anyone have any experience of this kind of situation?
Epipsychidion

Postby Smiddie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Epipsychidion wrote:So while I was browsing recently, I came across one of the top teams in the game, and noticed that most of their senior players had a NAT star next to them.

This got me thinking - I assume this is also the case for quite a few teams in Div 1s across the game. However, what happens if most of those players get picked for tours, so that the team's senior squad availability for the week is significantly under 11? Do they have to make up the difference with youths?

I can't say this question is especially relevant to me (never had a senior NAT!), but I'm still curious - does anyone have any experience of this kind of situation?

For Seniors yes, the team is forced to buy players off the market (its why 3 weeks a season, oldies who are not touring can fetch for more then other times of the season.) Or they have to use youths.

For U19s the game generates you 400 wage dreadful players to fill your team if needing more to make 11.
Smiddie

Postby Hellbound81 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:15 am

Just to add to what Smiddie replied, these top clubs generally have large squads with around 20 players to help sustain long Cup runs as well as still being competitive in SOD and T20, so to be left with less than 11 players to chose from for matches during a tour week would be unusual, though I am sure it has happened plenty of times, which is also why managers often hate losing their NATs during tours.
Image Coastal Knights - proudly homegrown
Image Coastal Guardians - South African youth farm
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-)
Hellbound81

Postby MOD-DanAndrew » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:29 am

Epipsychidion wrote:So while I was browsing recently, I came across one of the top teams in the game, and noticed that most of their senior players had a NAT star next to them.

Not sure if this was me or not (sure I saw you on my recent visitors).

Generally I speak to nat managers and if there is room to leave a few behind then they are usually happy to work with you (cheers Kenya) and luckily a few inept managers think world class fast bowlers aren't worth touring. I could easily be left with 4 or so players in a tour week.

I'm fairly new to this scenario but I've handled it with an oldie here and there and promoting youths, I've been lucky to have two ARs left home so I can get away with being a batsman short
Image Badsey CC
Image Affiliatey McAffiliateface
Image Netherlands Nat Manager. Former U19 Manager.
MOD-DanAndrew
MOD

Postby Epipsychidion » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi all, thanks for your replies - that all makes sense.

Dan - it wasn't you actually, but I did get the impression this was something a lot of top managers have to deal with. Kinda glad I don't tbh. :D
Epipsychidion

Postby Smiddie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:19 am

Epipsychidion wrote:Hi all, thanks for your replies - that all makes sense.

Dan - it wasn't you actually, but I did get the impression this was something a lot of top managers have to deal with. Kinda glad I don't tbh. :D

A tip from someone who suffers in tour weeks! Try to build a team around non nationals.
Titles can be lost simply from the tour weeks.
And you cant buy a bunch of cheap oldies like you once could. Supply and demand are alot different to previous years.

So i myself have put a higher value on those Nat fringe players who dont quiet make it. Yes they tend to be slightly weaker skill wise! But IMO worth more then those with a lvl of experience power and fielding higher but tour 3 times a season. You just need to be careful and find the right players who dont tour.

Marquet and Houser for me is a perfect example.
Smiddie

Postby yeeticus » Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 am

Do friendly matches impact player fatigue?
yeeticus

Postby Hellbound81 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:20 am

Not at all. Fatigued players are also regarded as rested for friendlies.
Image Coastal Knights - proudly homegrown
Image Coastal Guardians - South African youth farm
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-)
Hellbound81

Postby cricfan » Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 pm

How much of an impact does increase in squad number (above limit) has on the training efficiency? So, let's say if my academy is at 90% for training efficiency, will it make a huge impact on the training of players, especially youth squad?
cricfan

Postby GM-crowfan65 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:12 am

For a couple of weeks the impact is minimal
Depending on trng the impact for 1 week is somewhere between 20-40 rating pts for the 90% efficiency
Brother Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member
GM-crowfan65
MOD

PreviousNext

Return to New Players