Quick Questions v3

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby BigglyG » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Excellent, thank you.
BigglyG
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby michaelcorleone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:38 am

Do finances have anything to do with crowds in matches?
michaelcorleone
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby Hellbound81 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:35 pm

michaelcorleone wrote:Do finances have anything to do with crowds in matches?

Attendance from league and Cup matches contribute gate revenue.

Attendance is determined by the number of supporters and their mood from both teams, the match type and the weather.
Image Coastal Knights - proudly homegrown
Image Coastal Guardians - South African youth farm
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-)
Hellbound81
 
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:42 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby michaelcorleone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Hellbound81 wrote:
michaelcorleone wrote:Do finances have anything to do with crowds in matches?

Attendance from league and Cup matches contribute gate revenue.


That I get. But would our finances affect the attendances in any way? My club has been performing reasonably well, yet the attendance has been well below the mark and the only thing is my finances have been in the negative since the week start, which makes it all the more reason to worry :cry:
michaelcorleone
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby Cynic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 pm

michaelcorleone wrote:
Hellbound81 wrote:
michaelcorleone wrote:Do finances have anything to do with crowds in matches?

Attendance from league and Cup matches contribute gate revenue.


That I get. But would our finances affect the attendances in any way? My club has been performing reasonably well, yet the attendance has been well below the mark and the only thing is my finances have been in the negative since the week start, which makes it all the more reason to worry :cry:

No. Your finances do not affect attendances.

What do:

Match type: SOD/T20 > YOD
Supporter moods: Both teams' supporter moods contribute to attendances
Image Yellow Comet Image The Hybrid Dolphins Image USA.
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.
Cynic
 
Posts: 54898
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Taking bets for my next forum ragequit

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby michaelcorleone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:33 am

Okay! Thanks much.
michaelcorleone
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby Hellbound81 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 am

Keep in mind that your team is still brand new and that you have not sold out SOD matches in your 5,000 seat stadium yet, so your gate earnings in general is still very low.

At this point in time for you it is about living below the breadline and to not spend too much money buying players that are too strong and expensive for what you need.

If you start consistently selling out your stadium in a couple of matches in a row then upgrade it by a couple of thousand seats.
Image Coastal Knights - proudly homegrown
Image Coastal Guardians - South African youth farm
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-)
Hellbound81
 
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:42 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby michaelcorleone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:50 am

Hellbound81 wrote:Keep in mind that your team is still brand new and that you have not sold out SOD matches in your 5,000 seat stadium yet, so your gate earnings in general is still very low.

At this point in time for you it is about living below the breadline and to not spend too much money buying players that are too strong and expensive for what you need.

If you start consistently selling out your stadium in a couple of matches in a row then upgrade it by a couple of thousand seats.


I understand, I only expected attendances this week as-

    a. My supporter mood had grown to buoyant
    b. My finances had gone red due to expenditure on the YA

But, my away T20 attracted only 3.3k crowd, the only reason I see is that it's a bot. But then again, they were pulling 5k+ in T20 home games till their game against me.
Again, my home YOD could get only 2.3k spectators, while both the teams were having a 4/1 W/L count and I had pulled as many as close to 4.5k in a previous home game, when my supporter mood was default (jovial). Although that was against the table leaders. Still it seemed to be lower than the anticipated lowest attendance, hence, the question.
michaelcorleone
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:03 am

The home team supporters have a greater effect on attendances then the away team
Weather can vary the attendance by as much as 20% too
Without looking at the matches that could have been a big reason too
Brother Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U19 Asst (Been around far too long)
GarageTM Foundation Member
GM-crowfan65
MOD
 
Posts: 17203
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Staring into the abyss...

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby Hellbound81 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:20 am

Your opponent plays a big part in your attendance. I still don't know the exact variable as it is a closely guarded secret for some reason around here, but I believe it is up to around 40% of the attendance that comes from the visiting team.

Hot and overcast weather cause lower attendance while sunny and cloudy contribute better attendance.

YOD matches have half the attendance of SOD and T20 matches in general.

The duration that your opponent has been around to gain supporters combined with their mood is the main factor in attendance.
Image Coastal Knights - proudly homegrown
Image Coastal Guardians - South African youth farm
Image South Africa NAT Team (Assistant: Season 36-38)
Image South Africa U19 Team (Manager: Season 32-35, Assistant: Season 38-)
Hellbound81
 
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:42 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby michaelcorleone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:38 am

Weather factor, I never knew, thanks for informing about that :thumbsup
michaelcorleone
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby FritsNL » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Also the position of your team plays a big role.
Example:
Your team is nr2. If you play nr8, the crowd will be much smaller than when you play nr1. Ofcourse the number of supporters plays a role. But also at which level your team plays in the league.
Former U19 Manager UAE
FritsNL
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby Smiddie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:37 pm

Position in the league has 0 factor.

Supporter mood for both teams, total number of supporters for both teams, division, format and weather are the factors.

The reason playing 8th place might seem like its a factor is probably because his supporter mood is low for losing often, but you would only notice a difference after a.few rounds at least.
Smiddie
 
Posts: 16453
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby Stomalomalus » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:19 am

Training speed and academies:

Is the only way to improve training spending on academies? How much of a difference do they make?

Does the quality of the YA improve the quality of young players you recruit? How soon does it make a difference?
Stomalomalus
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Quick Questions v3

Postby MOD-Jimblack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 am

Stomalomalus wrote:Training speed and academies:

Is the only way to improve training spending on academies? How much of a difference do they make?

Does the quality of the YA improve the quality of young players you recruit? How soon does it make a difference?

Yes it’s the only way to increase training speed.
It’s roughly 3% difference per academy level per week. It also makes a very small difference in youth recruits.
Image Herosnzeros Titles: T20: S35
Image Crazy Horses Titles: YOD: S29. Pavilion cup S39
Image NZ U19s National Manager S26-29 Assistant 24-25. Scottish Nat Manager 33-34 37-, Assistant 30-32 35-36
MOD-Jimblack
MOD
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 am
Location: The Naki!

Previous

Return to New Players

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest