The "How to Train?" topic (part 2)

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
Jim

Re: The "How to Train?" topic (part 2)

Post by Jim » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:23 am

See pushing his youth academy to Deluxe is highly un economical being HG. What he has now is almost perfect.
Imo Dreadful at 20 is unfixable
Herosnzeros Titles: T20: S35
Crazy Horses Titles: YOD: S29. Pavilion cup S39
NZ U19s NM S26-29 AM 24-25. Scottish NM 33-34 37-, AM 30-32 35-36

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 am

Because getting the most out of your players means having BOTH academies as high as you can afford
Double superior costs the same as 1 academy at deluxe, even if you don't buy any players not everyone can afford 2 top level academies.
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am

Thats my point, running double superior is the most cost efficient way of having the best players you can get

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:54 am

If you know Math at all and you know the cost versus the benefits of training in each level of academy then you might stand a chance at proving me wrong but right now its like a teacher explaining calculus to a 10yo

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:18 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:If you know Math at all and you know the cost versus the benefits of training in each level of academy then you might stand a chance at proving me wrong but right now its like a teacher explaining calculus to a 10yo
A teacher couldn't teach it to me now to be fair.

Going back to cricfan's 20y-- wait 20. Why did I think 22? Anyway he's not unworkable but it depends on if you want to spend the time fixing that fielding or just taking the hit and hoping improving his primaries will make up the difference.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:29 am

Hellbound81 wrote:Saying superior is the most cost efficient way of having the best players you can get is completely inaccurate as satisfactory would provide you with a far better cost efficiency.

There is a significant difference to having a superior youth academy compared to deluxe from my experience.

When I dropped down to superior it was seriously damaging to the continuity of my player promotion to seniors.

After obtaining deluxe I now sit with the problem of what to do with the quality players I cannot fit into my core team.

You do not need World Class players to be competitive in this game and being anywhere below D1 also makes it very much overkill.

I have very few problems affording a deluxe youth academy while sustaining a competitive senior team.

If you want to discourage others from running a deluxe youth academy, then that is entirely fine by me. Hopefully it will give me an opportunity to make some good money from the market...
So none of this is about trng
You can recruit all the good players you like but if you don't train them properly and in a decent academy they will be ordinary
Its just like you to try to turn an argument round like it was what you were saying all along
Move along little boy leave this stuff to the grown ups

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am

Torpedo10 wrote:I would discourage any manager in their first five years of this game of having a deluxe academy of any sort.
Years?
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.