UAE Seniors

UAE Seniors

Postby DazBurg » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 pm

ok i know i haven't been around (freely admit i log in like once a week if not a fortnight atm)

but is anyone running for senior manager (torp pulling the pin mate?)

(not a post trying to see who is running so i can run tbh i have no intention of running not on it enough lately)
ImageUAE Senior Nat Manager
21-24 & 29-34
UAE Offsite
DazBurg

Re: UAE Seniors

Postby GM-Butlee » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:06 am

I have nominated to run for the role. I'm looking for a new challenge and somewhere to settle in, so I hope the folks who vote here are ok with a fly-in kind of guy, and trust that I'll stick around, even if that means as an assistant or similar longer term.

I've spoken with Torpy who was here before and he's happy/keen for me to nominate in his stead. I was just a little slow making sure I wasn't treading on any other toes coming here.

At this stage, saying anything more makes it sound like an election speech, haha. So I'll go write one of those up in the Elections forums.
Brother Butters of the Blessed Comebacks
“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle
"Oh, my mistake... I suppose he stares at you longingly, because he's hopeful for a successful military alliance."
GM-Butlee
MOD

Postby GM-Butlee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:09 pm

I've just been handed the reigns to the Senior Nat Management gig.

Not promising to magically 'fix' this community or FTP's community as a whole in 2 seasons. But I will keep you guys updated in here how it's going and what we're up to. Basically my idea is if you want to come and learn and enjoy the Nat's (without actively watching every game) you can do so by-proxy in here, and if you want to chat about it I'll be available too.

And if not - that's fine as well. I don't begrudge anyone's opinions, fatigue, enthusiasm levels for FTP, especially nowadays.

I'll probably use this weekend to take a look around (doubt I'll play a friendly). I might kick the entire team and rebuild it too - sorry if you lose stars for a couple of days.

And if I get a management 'team' up and running, we might try and work that via Discord - because that's supposedly where all the cool kids hang these days.

Anything else, just give me a buzz or let me know in here. Cheers all.
“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle
"Oh, my mistake... I suppose he stares at you longingly, because he's hopeful for a successful military alliance."
GM-Butlee
MOD

Postby DazBurg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 am

congrats butlee
glad you got the gig good luck mate :clap
ImageUAE Senior Nat Manager
21-24 & 29-34
UAE Offsite
DazBurg

Postby GM-Butlee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Second Day on the Job

pconference.jpg

(quiet please)

"Greetings and thanks for having me. I'm happy to be here and excited to get down to business. First up I want to (re-)introduce my assistant Alan..."

*Motions awkwardly to the empty seat next to him*

".. who will be helping out when his time permits him."

Departures

We'd like to announce that Tahir Azim & Hakeem Qasem are departing the squad at this stage. Unfortunately neither player has had an International competitive cap yet, but hopefully these fringe players have appreciated the experience of working within the National Team setup. Tahir, at age 31, is probably going to struggle with a hectic Tour schedule and we're looking at options who'll be prepared for the World Cup at the end of Season 41. Qasem will certainly be in contention for selection in the future - being only 27 he's a near certainty to get a call-up soon. Just in the short term we're going another way.

Another seamer that's going to make way is 27yr old RM Uthman Zabityte. Fact of the matter is that we have 29yr old Kareef Essa filling that role and there's simply no situation where, tactically, we'd need the 2nd medium. I know that's unfortunate for Uthman since he has yet to secure a National Cap as well, but if I'm being honest I can't see him ever earning one - Essa will out-last him well into his 30's and by that time someone else will likely steal the Medium Pace spotlight.

UAE Trans1.png

Arrivals

Specifically that means we're bringing in Kamal Shareef. 29yr old RFM. While no player is perfect, some are just too good to be overlooked. We're taking a trade off in secondaries here to give us another ACE attacking weapon (with huge primaries). The aim is to have a bowling 'kit' of options and while you'll still probably find guys like Baha, Isam and Ata leading the line, Shareef gives us something different if we need to try it.

Secondly, as a straight swap for Azim, we're bringing in 28yr old right-hand Fastie Makhi Haqq. I know he's been on the radar here for a while and I think it's valuable to have 2 express seamers in the squad. And to be honest I think it's important to keep 7 pacemen in the squad - if you get a tour without Dry decks you may well want 6-7 quicks and I don't like calling people up last minute. As for Makhi himself, he's got Skilled Power, great fielding and he's being trained by a fellow Nat Manager - so we know he'll take good care of him.

And in that third bowling slot we've opened up, we're going to bring in another spinner. Nabeel Xavier is another one of those players who seems too good to leave out. He's pretty good with the bat and has World Class technique which helps. That leaves us just a little heavy on spin bowlers in the squad - something we will rectify going forward - but for now he was on par with the current guys and I wanted to get a good look at him.

Still to Come

We've got some more work to do. There are a couple of bowlers in the community I want to look at, I want 2nd opinions on and I want to chat with their managers before bringing them on board.
Naturally we need to take a proper look at the batting.
I also want to announce 2-3 players as our 'captaincy unit' where they will share the duties and it will seldom go outside their control.

I've also got another little idea I want to try implement, but I'll need to make sure we get the squad numbers right first.

Also also, I will give some thoughts on some of our players in a little "intro" style. So stay tuned for that :D

*Stands and shuffles out of press conference*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GM-Butlee
MOD

Return to UAE