Blog of Mewtwo

Blog of Mewtwo

Postby mewtwo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:33 am

So, I've already announced my comeback on FTP Discord already (https://discord.gg/M3BWZE) to a few people.

Now that I can easily afford membership, about to get married, planning to move to a more peaceful place in Australia, and with a new dash of arrogance I have a few goals in FTP:

I intend to raise $3mil FTP for my main before beginning to build my squad. This will take roughly less than 2 seasons of just doing nothing on FTP but just enough to set some orders and remain in the same division as long as possible.

I also intend to do the same on my affiliate - perhaps give it 4 seasons to reach $8mil before doing the same thing.

Tbh, idk why I set those $ as target and idk how sustainable it is as I remember each season was a slog to be able to make up for $1m deficit either by pulling 2 great pulls, or a deep run into the PC etc.

TARGETS
End of 1st Season (Feb 2019): $2mil
End of 2nd Season (May 2019): $4mil

Do I wanna be Bermudan ass man? Only on discord or else.
mewtwo

Re: Blog of Mewtwo

Postby mewtwo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am

Top 5 reasons how FTP is a template of destroying society:

#5 - Employer aka Life Dictator
FTP gives great power to the employer aka the manager to dictate the lives of its young cricketers. Every cricketer is literally a few buttons from having their cricketing career absolutely demolished. This sort of fear driven to many players especially when a former manager returns to FTP wields his ax freely suddenly ending a 25yo's weekly wage of $1,415 to essentially 0. Good luck paying the bills mate. Add some anxiety to your life whilst you're at it.

#4 - Fountain of Youth hack
One of society's greatest threat is the ability for someone to be forever stuck at one's age. Think of what one can do - travel the world, absorb knowledge, maintain a youthful body and send seeds of offspring all around the world for as long as you find yourself from harms way. FTP can allow its players to be stuck at the same age by being AFK for months before its players disappear from its active ageing population. Oh the horror if I married my wife who cannot age. I will grow old whilst she remains young! Who will she betray me with after I am too weak!

#3 - No religious saviour in FTP
FTP has no deity, therefore no salvation in any form, therefore no point in life as there is nothing after death. Horrible pointless society. And to my readers NO, you are NOT a deity you vane self-absorbed insecure weakling.

#2 - Players in FTP have no personality
A society is healthy when it contains a diversity of personalities as a society with specializations in different areas due to personalities or traits means every issue or problem is taken on by the most talented or able person rather than a jack-of-all-trades or someone useless like Smiddie. Sure there's different cricketing traits, but it appears apart from anything that shows on their player page, they're all the same robotic doofheads. This society is rekt.

#1 - FTP is a society that hates your ideas
Got an awesome FTP idea? Good on ya! Now shove it up your academy and pull it out and hopefully it's a 16yo wonderkid. No really, I left FTP for 4 years and it's literally the same game. Think you got an idea that no one's thought of during that 4 years? Chances are, you've got an even dumber idea that we haven't heard of yet. The next real chance of any new ideas will be if our lord Ash finds a time device. Otherwise, refer to suggested idea above.
mewtwo

Postby mewtwo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:19 pm

5 Things that could happen if FTP had a million active players

#5 - There will be real people who marry each other because of FTP

We've seen it before in other mmorpg's where there's this one story of a couple meeting each other because one party slid into the DMs of another and it all began there talking about a 16yo youth pull (and probably joking about imagine pulling a baby off their womb). Just imagine the brilliant wedding speech of how they met and no one in the wedding understands what the hell FTP is and awkward silence is met.

#4 - GMs will actually have a decent sense of duty

"With great power comes great responsibility" is the famous quote we all know from Spiderman - but imagine having a power over a mere 20 people in the game, do you know how depressing it actually is?! It actually feels sheepish and is certainly not one thing to brag about during dinners. "Oh in my spare time I watch over this online cricket managing game where I make sure a dozen or so people behave and what not, and shoot down these dumb ideas the same 3 people keep putting until they realize they're fools". Just imagine a member of the opposite sex hearing that, better grab some scuba gear to breathe in that flood or estrogen emerging from that brilliant mouth of GMs.

#3 - (Australian) Cricket will be saved

Cricket is running out of headlines. It's such a gentlemanly sport especially in Australia where the only reason Steve Smith got so badly hit was because Australia had a massive tall poppy syndrome waiting to be used on cricket due to its irrelevance for so long. As soon as a naughty boy emerged, KABOOM. Now, how would 1 million FTP users actually improve and save cricket especially in Australia? You would actually have more educated fans of cricket who talk with each other, who has stewardship with the game, who actually backs their cricket players no matter what even if it's behind all these criticism of player performances. But because people in Australia got bored of the game, got less educated around it, and therefore was ready to entertain themselves by forming their rightful opinions just like all Americans believing their right to arms even at the face of a school shooting which is as constant as a bad youth pull.

#2 - It will reduce poverty

I'm not going to say how much - but if you have a million active users you will definitely have full-time moderators and by trickle effect will allow people to be employed. Imagine being a fan of cricket in an underprivileged environment but also being disabled waist down. FTP moderation will be your PERFECT job. I'm sure with a million active users, there's surely ONE person that fits that description that would fit in with the team fine. Even if it reduces poverty by 1 person or 1 family, we've reduced it. Don't @ me.

#1 - It will reduce your brain cells

Trust me. If you're active within a million-user game, you're even more sucked into the entertainment-driven society already. That's what Runescape did, and that's what League of Legends or whatever does. I think we're better off with a 300-active user game or whatever it is now. Thank the stars!
mewtwo

Postby MOD-DanAndrew » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm quite game to be a paid MOD... :ninja
Image Badsey CC
Image I have no boundaries
Image Netherlands Nat Manager. Former U19 Manager.
MOD-DanAndrew
MOD

Postby mewtwo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 pm

:ninja
mewtwo

Postby mewtwo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Top 3 Lessons FTP can teach young kids IRL

#1 - You can be in control of a lot of things in life but not everything, yet it's still worth it

In FTP, we're able to adjust and direct our teams as to what makes up our squad, how we manage our finances, what orders we set and how we manage fatigue. Those are the controllables. However, every match that has a result will always mean one team loses out. Both opposing managers could prepare as well as they can before the game, but due to the whole idea of match-ups we are left with a winner and a loser. In real life, it's often 2 or more people competing for the same job, the same hot girl, or the same gold medal. You could spend your whole life preparing for the one thing but you can still end up being the loser - but one thing is for sure, it still doesn't put you off the long preparations because it sure as heck still worth it. In FTP, you could lose a match but you sure will keep trying to win the next one ;)

#2 - Winning is great, but being part of the community is great too

We love winners. They get the spotlight because we like to see peak human achievements and sometimes strive for that same goal. Not everyone can be a great winner though and it sure isn't mutually exclusive to be part of a great community either. If you win everything but no one gives a crap except yourself - you're in a lonely place. But if you lose everything but still is part of a community, you benefit yourself and those around you. Not saying you can't have both, but sometimes the community is what holds a dearer place for some over a game.

#3 - If you study and plan something, you're better off most of the time

There's a reason why education is important. It provides a tool for the student to explore an idea or a system to be better informed, and thereby make better decisions. If you study FTP in its mechanics as a whole, study its finances, study the mathematics involved - you're more likely to be able to build a better squad than the average manager here. If you tackle FTP head on, chances are that you'll rock up to the transfer market overpaying for a player who might improve your squad but not realizing you could do better by either focusing on training youths, or go for 31 year olds as a temporary measure before your academies pump out generations of stars. In the real world, you might want to ask how an industry is before you plan to spend a few years studying to get into it or else you end up being inefficient in your approach with your youth wasted. Sure sometimes you need to be lost before you find yourself, but there's still parts where it is unnecessary for you to be stuck more than you have to.
mewtwo

Postby mewtwo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Top 3 truth bombs FTP needs for its own good

#1: FTP is like pointless jail

One of the biggest reasons there are fights in jail is the mere fact there's nothing to aim for, nothing to tell an immate there's no point picking a fight in the face of solitary confinement. Recently we had a topic that was locked due to some crap-posting which I have to say is far more entertaining than any of the routine youth pull postings we see in the forum. You know, I'm against crap posting in forums because it just simply isn't nice - but if I had to choose between people throwing mud at each other or watching glacier move - I'd pick the mud fight. Because at least something is happening.

#2: The GMs and Mods here are so up themselves

And they should be. But I think some people hate them for acting that way. For me, it's part of being human and observing people take charge of a fantasy management game which I'm sure they chuck on their tinder profile is rather hilarious.

But that said, they do an excellent job here in the community doing often thankless jobs. Kudos to you guys, and kudos to you haters. You guys are like Batman and Joker.

#1: Screw you guys for not posting here

I actually like feedback - both bad and good. You guys don't seem to post anything which leads me to believe I'm a far superior intellect than you headless chickens. Thank you all for the validation I desperately don't need.
mewtwo

Postby SomeDude69 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 pm

:ninja
SomeDude69

Postby mewtwo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:45 pm

SomeDude69 wrote::ninja

Legend :D
mewtwo

Return to Bermuda