Under development/consideration

Messages from the From the Pavilion team
FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Under development/consideration

Post by FTP-ashario » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:31 am

My real life workload has meant the pace of development over the past couple of months has slowed considerably (I've just spent the past few days running load testing scripts and tweaking server setups for a project I am working on, which isnt the most fun you can have at a computer I can tell you :)).

Hopefully things will quieten down a bit now and I'll be able to focus on the game a bit more. Anyhow, I figured it might be a good time to write down some of the things that will be happening in the game over the next couple of seasons, along with a couple of ideas that are open for discussion.

To be implemented at the end of this season

Match engine change - dynamic weightings of wickets
This change, which was implemented some time ago in friendlies, will be implemented for all matches after the U19 world cup
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21456

Catches, stumpings and runouts
At the moment, two thirds of catches, stumpings and runout chances need to pass a fielding/keeping skill check to be converted into a wicket, with the remaining one third automatically resulting in a wicket.
Starting next season, For friendly matches only, all catch, stumping and runout chances will need to pass the fielding/keeping check to be converted into a wicket .

To be implemented at the end of next season

Prizemoney
End of season prizemoney will be halved. The difference will be made up by an increase in weekly sponsorship levels.
This is aimed at making it a bit easier for teams to manage their finances during the season.

Other items on the agenda

World cup qualification
The next senior world cup, at the end of next season, is likely to be the last world cup involving all 18 teams.
A qualification process will be introduced, whereby the top 12 teams in the qualification stage will be entered into the world cup.
Further details will be provided when the changes are finalised.

Nat team rankings
Will be split into two separate rankings, one for T20 and the other for One Day matches

T20 world cup
I'm considering introducing a T20 world cup for both seniors and U19 nat teams.

Disparity of [misfield]/[great fielding] events
I'll be looking at implementing an 'evening out' process so the number of these events that appear during a match arent quite so wildly variable. At the moment, there are matches in which one team has 3 or 4 times as many fielding checks happening than the other side, which is possibly a little too 'random'.

Wages at EOS time
Possibly not charge wages during the one week off season, given EOS prizemoney is being halved and teams receive no gate takings during the off season

USA and Netherlands Leagues
Assuming the game continues to grow gradually, I'll be looking at opening up leagues in USA (matches starting at 16:00) and Netherlands (12:00), but not before the end of next season at the earliest.