Game Performance

Messages from the From the Pavilion team
FTP-ashario
Third Umpire

Game Performance

Post by FTP-ashario » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Some of you (or most of you!) have probably noticed that the site performance degrades fairly quickly whenever we have more than 40 users online.

This is due to some constraints my ISP are placing on the game, namely it is only allowed to serve a limited number of HTTP requests simultaneously.

The game has grown a lot faster than I anticipated (I think we have around 700 users now) and clearly the ISP plan I am using is insufficient.

This week I've managed to find an afforable, dedicated server that I am in the process of moving the game to. If things go well, the move will happen this weekend. If not.....it will be the following weekend.

Once I am happy with the configuration of the new server, I'll post a news item on the game login page. When the migration occurs, we can expect a day or two of downtime while the database is copied over and the fromthepavilion domain is transferred over to the new server.

Thanks to everyone who has supported the game, and has been patient during peak periods. Hopefully in a week we can leave the performance problems behind us.