Match previews

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
Cjackson94

Match previews

Post by Cjackson94 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:48 pm

It’s been a week.... :ninja

At the moment on a match day there is no sort of preview to the upcoming match. You click on the match and it just gives the basic game details, time, pitch, weather e.t.c

What I was thinking was redoing the whole page by adding a proper preview to the match. There are loads of things that can be put on this page. For example:

Your player stats/ opponent player stats.
This could be like top run scorers and wicket takers for your side and your opponents.

Recent match ratings
This could be a list of your/opponents recent match ratings in the division.

Form
Players in form and out of form

Ground changes
Lists the recent pitches used

Recent matches
Your/opponents recent matches in the division

These are just a few off the top of my head I’m sure there could be others. You could even add a spot for managers comments, for example a user could say “Good luck” or say something about his side for the other manager to see.

Plenty of ways to play around with this. Don’t know what would be a member only feature or not, that’s for you guys to decide.

Would love to hear people’s thoughts. I’ll come up with a new (possibly daft) idea next week :thumbsup

Cal
Cricket Commentator Moorlands Radio
Cricket Analyst and statistician

CE-DKM
CAPT

Re: Match previews

Post by CE-DKM » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:14 pm

I do like this idea mate.

Will run it by the team to see if we can plan it in someway with the re-design. If I remember correctly there has been plans to have more information for users displayed across the new design.
Image England Head Coach
T20 World Cup Semi-Finalist
Leinster Lightning - Division 1 Ireland

Cjackson94

Post by Cjackson94 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:20 pm

CE-DKM wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:14 pm
I do like this idea mate.

Will run it by the team to see if we can plan it in someway with the re-design. If I remember correctly there has been plans to have more information for users displayed across the new design.
Cheers Dave :thumbsup
Cricket Commentator Moorlands Radio
Cricket Analyst and statistician

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 pm

I think this idea has a lot of potential :thumbsup
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 div 1)

antikato

Post by antikato » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm

All this information is readily available to the manager who wishes to spend time and effort to find and use it. The game has done away with star players who now all really will all look the same after training. Don't nerf good management as well.

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:46 pm

antikato wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm
All this information is readily available to the manager who wishes to spend time and effort to find and use it. The game has done away with star players who now all really will all look the same after training. Don't nerf good management as well.
I think the whole point of it is to spruce it up just like every tv, radio and online broadcast of every game, they go through inform players, key players, players to watch and recent games, it will add a whole lot more to the visual effect of game day.

Really like the idea mate good work.
Image Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S19
Manager of Schweedy Balls And Donetouchme Balls

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:35 pm

Part of it is on the rivalry page but I agree we could improve it a little and add recent form etc
I also like the idea
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

PowerBug

Post by PowerBug » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:05 am

I wouldn't want all the scouting done for us though. Needs to be a balance. Perhaps make it (or part of it) a members only feature?
Back again for a second go at this game, link to team here. All aboard the Image bandwagon this time!

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 am

And if its there, you don't need to look at it as well
Some will and some won't
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:11 am

I'm used to wasting hours on Excel even though I lose most of my matches but I don't mind overviews.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:00 pm

To be honest, I assumed this screen would only be viewable right before the game gets going, I don't think I've ever looked at the details page before a match.

If I want to scout, I go look at older games and the squad in general? I suppose I understand why people won't want scouting to be simplified; if this would ultimately result in that then maybe worth considering what is shown...
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 div 1)