Teams going bot

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
Cyrus

Teams going bot

Post by Cyrus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:58 pm

Is it possible that when a team goes bot that all National managers are contacted to check the now bot teams squad and list any players that are either playing Nats or are potential Nat players as so the Admin team can put them on the TM so we aren’t losing quality players from the game.
I have just come across 3 players on our watch list that have missed near on a month of training and game time due to a team going bot, and I’m sure there will be players in the bot teams squad that other nations would like rescued as well.
Cheers
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And Donetouchme Balls

darkmatter

Re: Teams going bot

Post by darkmatter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 am

I reckon a lot of sides go bot.. might be quite a lot to scroll through.

Maybe instead of entire squads, players over a certain rating/wage based on age on teams that go bot could be flagged up via a messaging system with national set-up - and then if they feel a player is potentially good enough, they request the listing via some in-game mail? You may get a situation where a really top team goes bot and loads get flagged at the same time, but I'm guessing the three players were across different sides, as the admin do currently list players that go bot if they are good enough - I'm guessing they were just missed or very fringe?

I think there is some merit to giving the national set-ups an extended role of vetting players going bot; if this will result in saving admin time and also ensuring potential nat players are not missed?
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 div 1)

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 am

No all three players are from the same team and just going by ratings and wage of other players with different nationalities that I can’t see the stats there may be 2 or 3 others that need to be listed as well.
I think an in game automated msg to national managers when a side goes bot is the best way, only takes a minute to check the players in that squad from your nation and a quick reply with which players are Nat or potential Nat players won’t take long.
There is also a 4th Bermudan player that will probably miss out now too, the side went Bot around Christmas and with 3 months of inactivity before that he’s not been on the right training for around 16 weeks now and it has hurt him
Just don’t like seeing not only Bermudan players but any players of Nat quality going to waste.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 am

We haven't quite coded it yet but the intention is to list any Nats under 31 and any player in the top 20 or so of wages/ratings

Currently I do it manually each week (not as laborious as it may sound), I missed some around Xmas which is what led to your ms earlier
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:29 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 am
We haven't quite coded it yet but the intention is to list any Nats under 31 and any player in the top 20 or so of wages/ratings

Currently I do it manually each week (not as laborious as it may sound), I missed some around Xmas which is what led to your ms earlier
Top 20.... Nation or overall?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 pm

By Nation by age

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Thanks for the clarification
That should work well although there are still a lot of Nat players that are over 31 I’d be more inclined to do it under 32 but that’s just my opinion as just looking at our squad we have 2 over 32, 4 more will be 6 by WC over 31 and a number more that could very well play the WC depending on form and pop’s n plops.
But anything to save some players is better than nothing.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 am

If you lose all the ones over 31 I agree but we are hoping it is the odd one and that may change as we review the trng pops and plops anyway