Adjust Batting Performances

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
heppa

Re: Adjust Batting Performances

Post by heppa » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:02 pm

I agree the average scores seem way too low.

I don't have any data regarding the averages between exceptional, world class, and elite summary batsmen, but I would like to think there would be a clear indication of which players average higher if you did the numbers.

Regarding talents "not working", it seems like a lot of people don't actually understand what a talent is. A skilled talent, or seam spec etc just gives a % boost to the players skill. There's no actual mechanic that makes them score more runs, it just boosts their skills. They're exposed to the same ME and same RNG. It just makes an exceptional batsmen closer to a world class one.
Manager of the Illawarra Dragons CC

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:31 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 pm
RonnieG wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Scots spin spec scored 9 off 14, 3 from 10, 1 from 3 and today 0 off 3.
Way to leave out the important info, he got out to a seam bowler every time
True but it seems there may be a bigger issue than this one bat, refer to last season when Scots had three bats perform similarly
Scotland Manager.

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:39 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:24 pm
The problem I see is people expecting a WC bat to be better than a WC bowler in bowling conditions (mostly)

Now I am not saying the game can do with a tweak but for the uninitiated, the issue from what I can see is the target RR is too low
I won't reveal what that is set at but the base RR is the same for all SOD (for example) and the bowlers plus the conditions then govern the outcome for each ball from there.
In the near future I will be adjusting the RR for each match type and testing 1000s of games to ensure it will do what we suspect (remembering we didn't write the code so we need to be sure, I am sure I could tweak it without concern but better safe than sorry). Coinciding with that is to reduce the chance of extras (and/or multiple extras) and to improve the fielding. The overall outcome we want is about a 10-15% increase in runs, the effect of weather and pitch may also be adjusted to try to get what we think is realistic scores.
The game isn't perfect but we are trying to get it the best we can, just have some patience as we are still learning the code
1 delivery is about 2700 lines plus inputs so you can imagine what there is to work out
Thats what I was asking for.
Scotland Manager.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:41 pm

RonnieG wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:31 pm
GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 pm
RonnieG wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Scots spin spec scored 9 off 14, 3 from 10, 1 from 3 and today 0 off 3.
Way to leave out the important info, he got out to a seam bowler every time
True but it seems there may be a bigger issue than this one bat, refer to last season when Scots had three bats perform similarly
And I don't disagree with you just making sure everyone knew the facts on the line
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Kira

Post by Kira » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:34 pm

CE-DKM wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:24 pm

Take Wettenhall of England for example. He is an elite/world class batsman (also in summary) and yet his average with the bat this season in 8 games has been 9.25 with a high score of 21.
This is ridiculous! Can we add one more skill, ie. responsibility?
Player with atrocious responsibility can only perfrom like this.