Varying Bots

How can we improve the game? Please post your ideas here.
casperj

Varying Bots

Post by casperj » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:58 pm

Now the bots are being boosted a bit, would it be possible to add a bit of variance to them? Think it would make things a bit more interesting for anyone stuck in a bot-heavy league, and would mean you'd have to pay some attention to the make up of the bot team when setting orders. My suggestion would be to effectively have different bot types, with the default team set up and player skills varied to give the bot a specific boost based on their type. Obviously want something that's relatively straight-forward to code but thought of some potential types:

Bot - Batting: Players boosted in batting skills. Pitch selection (when BOT at home) tends to be Flat or Hard
Bot - Seam: Seam bowlers in team get a boost. Pitch selection tends to be Green or Uneven, always selects at least 4 seamers. At least 2 batters given seam spec talent
Bot - Spin: Spin bowlers in team get a boost. Pitch selection tends to be Dry or Crumbling, always selects at least 3 spinners. At least 2 batters get Spin Spec talent
Bot - Attack: A certain % of batters and bowlers are set to 'A' orders. All players in team get a boost to Endurance and fielding.
Bot - Defence: A certain % of batters and bowlers are set to 'D' orders. All players in team get a boost to Power and fielding.

Madcarrot

Re: Varying Bots

Post by Madcarrot » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:02 pm

I like it but you shouldn't be able to tell by the name you should have to Scout them.

Not sure about the attack or defence ones.

But if some bots had better spinners, others had better seamers, others had better batters, and their home pitches reflected that I think it's a good idea.
Aggressive Vegetables

Agitated Flora

Check out, Agitated Flora, a Madcarrot story here!