Indian U20 Discussions Season 44/45

A place for players in India to communicate.
sanmath85

Re: Indian U20 Discussions Season 44/45

Post by sanmath85 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:25 pm

I also do think some of your squad players dont deserve to be there. I have mentioned it before but it has not been acted upon. No matter how good the primaries are a player with poor experience at 20 years cannot be a part of the u20 squad.
Current India Senior National Manager
Phoenix123 Current Nat Players: Ayaaz Ijaz, Anirudhh Chowdhury, Imran Mevawala

samaga

Post by samaga » Fri May 22, 2020 8:26 pm

atimukt97 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:17 pm
samaga wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:45 pm

Easy man, easy. I know where this is coming from. Don't take it to the heart.
Thanks to the god we got to heard from you. Never knew this is the meaning of community engagement. :lol:
And after the tour we got to see the "EXPERIENCED MANAGEMENT" from you as well..
How were we underdogs in the tour when we rated almost equally in the matches we lost? (Not to forget win against NZ was a bonus for us)
And is it really necessary to play 3 consecutive games with same players and play 4 games overall in the tour while some play only 2?

Good Luck for Next tour..
I seriously don't know what your problem is! Is this because you lost the election and put up a blog saying not to involve in NAT scene since community has rejected you and you take up an assistant job soon after and take out that blog?

I'd be happy to answer your questions if they were genuine. But no, it's not! You do not seem to forget your old habit. Coming to the community engagement, What do you think an engagement is? I am answerable to everyone and I am answering. If not me ,my assistants are. All the queries regarding training etc are being answered.

And please don't come here teaching whom to play 4 games with and all, if you are smart enough put it in the good use and let your results speak. Recent tour was pathetic right? Concentrate on that.

And I am seriously not interested in continuing any conversations with you, keep it to yourself.

And thanks for your wishes.

samaga

Post by samaga » Fri May 22, 2020 8:31 pm

sanmath85 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:21 pm
Results cannot be guaranteed by any manager in ftp. The ME is too random at times I feel. And I cant criticize any manager for relegation if the tactics were sound. But still I feel given the pitches you had you should have gone with an extra spinner. And I dont agree that you were the underdogs by any stretch of imagination. I feel you have one of the best squads at u20 level. Good to see that you have come to address the community and hopefully good results will follow you.
Good luck for the t20 tour.
Thanks. I don't regret my player selection, there was not a single match where we wished we had an extra spinner. It's purely a personal preference. My only concern is substandard secondaries of many players and we'll be addressing that. Current squad is good of primaries and secondaries are very poor hence the ratings are good ,not the results. We've seen key players getting tired after bowling 4 overs in their first match.

Good luck to your future tours.

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:09 am

I agree that secondaries need training but the only secondary needing training at u20 level is fielding and your team has not actually been selecting the ones with good fielding because others have better primaries.

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 am

And kachariya has played only 2 games on tour despite the 4 wicket haul in the first game. Again proves that you would rather have a fresh medium pacer or spinner instead. Sometimes the OBB talent does strange things and you got lucky with kachariya on that chase with the talent he has.

atimukt97

Post by atimukt97 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:17 am

samaga wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:26 pm

I seriously don't know what your problem is! Is this because you lost the election and put up a blog saying not to involve in NAT scene since community has rejected you and you take up an assistant job soon after and take out that blog?

I'd be happy to answer your questions if they were genuine. But no, it's not! You do not seem to forget your old habit. Coming to the community engagement, What do you think an engagement is? I am answerable to everyone and I am answering. If not me ,my assistants are. All the queries regarding training etc are being answered.

And please don't come here teaching whom to play 4 games with and all, if you are smart enough put it in the good use and let your results speak. Recent tour was pathetic right? Concentrate on that.

And I am seriously not interested in continuing any conversations with you, keep it to yourself.

And thanks for your wishes.
The blog was meant by: I won't be applying for Nat Assistant role anywhere and I had no intention but then Kaushik asked me If I was interested in Senior National side because of my active time on FTP and I couldn't resist as I believed senior management will be able to utilize my active time.

And I am not teaching you anything here, I just asked is it really necessary to play 3 consecutive games and 4 in total when some players sit totally fresh, there has to be some valid explanation for that but your reply clearly shows none.

Winning and losing in FTP is sometimes not in our hands as rightly pointed out earlier but how the tactics are applied can be questioned for sure and that's what I am doing here as any other active member of community would do.

Thanks for your replies.
This reply was just to make myself clear and if you can't answer my questions then I think it's useless to raise questions so you won't hear any "GENUINE QUESTIONS" from me in your tenure.
India NAT Assistant Image (Season 44- ), India U20 NAT Assistant (season 42 & 43)
Main Club- DelhiChamps
Affiliate Club- AsianChamps

samaga

Post by samaga » Sat May 23, 2020 5:32 am

sanmath85 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:09 am
I agree that secondaries need training but the only secondary needing training at u20 level is fielding and your team has not actually been selecting the ones with good fielding because others have better primaries.
I agree to disagree with you here, in my POV Endurance is equally important as Fielding, perhaps more. And we don’t select players completely based on Primaries. We give preference to outs/outs bat with res/cap fielding over acc/acc bat with rel fielding. If you have any particular player in mind who you think should have been selected, let me know. I can give you a reason why he isn’t.

samaga

Post by samaga » Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 am

sanmath85 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 am
And kachariya has played only 2 games on tour despite the 4 wicket haul in the first game. Again proves that you would rather have a fresh medium pacer or spinner instead. Sometimes the OBB talent does strange things and you got lucky with kachariya on that chase with the talent he has.
I clearly told you Kachariya was selected to have different variations in bowling since Pothireddy was our first choice he got to play 3 and Kachariya filled rest 2 matches.

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:15 am

samaga wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:32 am
sanmath85 wrote:
I agree to disagree with you here, in my POV Endurance is equally important as Fielding, perhaps more. And we don’t select players completely based on Primaries. We give preference to outs/outs bat with res/cap fielding over acc/acc bat with rel fielding. If you have any particular player in mind who you think should have been selected, let me know. I can give you a reason why he isn’t.
Read my post carefully. I dint say endurance is not important. It is not worthwhile training endurance at youth level is what i said as it trains slowly and you can use the same time training fielding which trains fast. I have already Pmed you on who the player was and i am yet to get a reply.let me tell it her then Harsha iyenger is an expert expert bat with accumulator talent with reliable fielding and reasonable experience. Please let me know how he is worse than Charan Yelsangikar and Parthiv Manglorkar. and we are not comparing outstanding outstanding bats with accomplished accomplished bats. dont overstate things.

samaga

Post by samaga » Sat May 23, 2020 8:40 am

sanmath85 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:15 am
samaga wrote:
sanmath85 wrote:
Read my post carefully. I dint say endurance is not important. It is not worthwhile training endurance at youth level is what i said as it trains slowly and you can use the same time training fielding which trains fast. I have already Pmed you on who the player was and i am yet to get a reply.let me tell it her then Harsha iyenger is an expert expert bat with accumulator talent with reliable fielding and reasonable experience. Please let me know how he is worse than Charan Yelsangikar and Parthiv Manglorkar. and we are not comparing outstanding outstanding bats with accomplished accomplished bats. dont overstate things.
Let's compare your player Harsha Iyengar with Parthiv Manglorkar.

Both has same batting and technique. But Parthiv has Opener and Skilled Batting technique which is a big win against Harsh's Accumulator.

As far the secondaries are concerned it's Parthiv's Reliable endurance vs Harsh's Average endurance (likely to tire after facing 30+ balls). So Parthiv beats Harsha big time here.

Moreover Parthiv is Left handed batsman which is a huge advantage for us since he's the only left batsman.

Parthiv has reasonable captaincy compared to Harsh's poor captaincy (with natural leader talent)

So harsh is only better in fielding and experience (reliable vs capable) and (reasonable vs average) which is negligible when compared to above points.

Any sane manager would choose Parthiv over Harsh this is no rocket science.

Note : I'm not comparing him with Charan since he was not the part of tour.

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 am

samaga wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:40 am
sanmath85 wrote:
samaga wrote:

Both has same batting and technique. But Parthiv has Opener and Skilled Batting technique which is a big win against Harsh's Accumulator.

As far the secondaries are concerned it's Parthiv's Reliable endurance vs Harsh's Average endurance (likely to tire after facing 30+ balls). So Parthiv beats Harsha big time here.

Moreover Parthiv is Left handed batsman which is a huge advantage for us since he's the only left batsman.

Parthiv has reasonable captaincy compared to Harsh's poor captaincy (with natural leader talent)

So harsh is only better in fielding and experience (reliable vs capable) and (reasonable vs average) which is negligible when compared to above points.

You dont want to compare with charan because you cant justify it? For your information, harsha is not part of squad and charan is. I agree that parthiv and harsha are equal. Only thing which parthiv has better is endurance. Captaincy does not matter when someone has only reasonable captaincy. Neither of the two can be made captain. Harsha has very high sub levels in exp n endurance but since parthiv is younger you can give him the benefit here. Go ahead show the same confidence when you are comparing charan. Are you ashamed of his poor experience? I dont play 20 year olds with poor experience for my club, leave alone nats.
Last edited by sanmath85 on Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am

And yes we are not comparing outstanding outstanding with accomplished accomplished primaries.

samaga

Post by samaga » Sat May 23, 2020 2:34 pm

sanmath85 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 am
samaga wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:40 am
sanmath85 wrote:

You dont want to compare with charan because you cant justify it? For your information, harsha is not part of squad and charan is. I agree that parthiv and harsha are equal. Only thing which parthiv has better is endurance. Captaincy does not matter when someone has only reasonable captaincy. Neither of the two can be made captain. Harsha has very high sub levels in exp n endurance but since parthiv is younger you can give him the benefit here. Go ahead show the same confidence when you are comparing charan. Are you ashamed of his poor experience? I dont play 20 year olds with poor experience for my club, leave alone nats.
Dude!! How naive of you to to say things like these..

“I agree that parthiv and harsha are equal. Only thing which parthiv has better is endurance.”

Do you think they are equal? Parthiv is way better than Harsha in almost all the aspects! Shame you still can’t accept it. Don’t be stubborn man, just accept the fact, any newbie would choose Parthiv over Harsha.

“Captaincy does not matter when someone has only reasonable captaincy. Neither of the two can be made captain. Harsha has very high sub levels in exp n endurance but since parthiv is younger you can give him the benefit here.”

Don’t make me teach you the game, Captaincy of each player has an impact on overall leadership of the game. The effect might be minor but it still matters.

I didn’t want to compare Harsha with Charan since Charan was not the part of Tour. Each time before the tour we scan all the players in the country to make sure we have the best team for the tour. So the squad we have is not really the top 30, it changes over time and the squad we select for the tour is the best set.

Since you’re too curious, let me compare both (Charant does not even fall under our top 9 bats..just FYI)

Primaries: Both has exp batting but Charan has Outs technique. Since Harsha has Accumulator talent let’s call it a tie.

Secondaries: Charan wins big here. Charan has (cap/avg) (end/pow) while harsh is (Avg/poor). Harsha wins in fielding (Rel vs cap).

Captaincy and Experience: Harsha wins in Experience big (poor vs reasonable) same time Charan wins big in captaincy (Reli vs poor). I agree Captaincy does not have the same effect as Experience.

The main point to consider: Harsha has the Avg endurance which is very low if you consider the tour wherein you’ve to play 3-4 matches. He’s likely to be tired way faster than Charan and you very well know how bad is this during last matches.

And if you don’t want to play a poor experienced player, provided he is decent enough in other departments, I don’t blame you. Truth be told Charan is less likely to go on any tour so is your harsha.

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:42 pm

I am fine with harsha iyengar not touring. My point was that charan does not deserve to be in the squad ahead of harsha iyengar. Forget u20 , charan will never make it to any national squad because his experience is too difficult to sort out now. The effect of captaincy of other non captain is so minimal that it is almost non existent. Believe me. Training endurance is not worth it at u20 level. If you have good endurance then good enough but training that at youth level is crazy. And the only advantage parthiv has is his age. He can be a monster next season. He is a very nice player. No doubt about that but he is not far superior to iyengar if you ignore the age. You just need to wait for a few weeks for iyengar to pop. But right now, parthiv looks slightly better.

sanmath85

Post by sanmath85 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:47 pm

And if you had responded to my personal mails regarding yelsangikar it would not have been necessary for me to raise the issue here. What I am seeing is a 20 year old with poor experience representing the indian squad.