PSL 5 Points Table and Banter

A place for players in Pakistan to communicate.
MOD-wmchamps
MOD

Re: PSL 5 Points Table and Banter

Post by MOD-wmchamps » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:26 am

Diamond League match between Nepali Gaints and Pakshaheen will be overturned to reflect Pakshaheen as the winners as Nepali Gaints went over the match ratings limit.

Gold League match between Young Snipers and Better Late Than Pregnant has been overturned to a Young Snipers victory as Better Late Than Pregnant went over the match ratings limit.

Gold League match between Dead Stroker and Jacksons Barbers has been overturned to a Jacksons Barbers win as Dead Stroker went over the match ratings limit.

It was indeed a thriller between Maiden Over CC and Afridi XI in the Silver League, but unfortunately the match is awarded to Maiden Over CC as Afridi XI went over the match ratings limit.

Bronze League match between TRAL TIGERS and United XI has been overturned to a United XI win as TRAL TIGERS went over the match ratings limit.

Bronze League match between London Spirit and SBClub has been overturned to a London Spirit win as SBClub went over the match ratings limit.

The Humpty Elephants and Harrow CC both went over the match ratings limit so the result will stand.

So in total 7 matches were affected out of which the results of 6 had to be overturned which is a decent start and hopefully teams will be able to improve for further rounds.
ImageNAT Manager
Image2-time NAT ODI WC winner

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:40 pm

PSL 5 Round 1 Summary
The fifth edition of Pakistan Super League began on January 6, 2021. The Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond and Youth competitions had their first rounds. The Platinum League begins on the 13th, ending on the Tenth of February. Here is a quick summary of all that happened in each league on Day 1.

Youth League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6767
Things started off in decent fashion for Peshawar Zalmi, Islamabad United and Karachi Kings as their youth sides registered victories on Day 1. Hasraz A(PZ) bowled well to get Afghan=Good(QG) wrapped up for 162 on an uneven deck under clouds, and they chased it without any discomfort.

Whereas the Indian Capers(LCF) could never build any partnership in their chase of a mammoth 279 against Mohun Bagun(KK) on a hard deck curtailed for batsmen. Earlier in the day, Capers quick Aniket Inglekar picked up a 5-fer, but his efforts were in vain.

The game between Shorkot Stallions(IU) and Lachlan Tigers(MS) was as one-sided as you get. Shorkot Stallions posted 318 under windy conditions on a lush green track. In response, Lachlan Tigers were never in the game losing 4 inside the power play before bowing out with a collapse on 104.

Diamond League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6768
The Diamond League had a few nail-biters in it. One result got reversed, when Nepali Giants(IU) rated above 220k, and awarded Pakshaheen(MS) a victory in what was a closely fought encounter.

You know an encounter is close when the losing captain appreciates the game. That was the case when blackcat(QG) beat South London's Number One CC(PZ) by 18 runs due to a collapse where they lost 5 wickets for 13 runs in overs 49 and 50. Jeez, talk about bad timing.

Under dry-windy conditions, Wolfberries Too(LCF) found a star in Englishman Sydney Park, whose century made a relatively tough chase of 267 a cakewalk as Jhelum Lions(KK) were handed a loss in 45 overs.

Bronze League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6766
The Bronze League had a rather disappointing start as 2 of the 3 matches had to be reversed. United XI(QG) and London Spirit(KK) had wins awarded to them when SB Club(MS) and TRAL TIGERS(IU) rated over 160k.

The third match of the league was an exciting runfest as Shahzaday11(LCF) chased down 304 in 47.3 overs beating ST 96(PZ) and had the sole game in their league to not be reversed.

Silver League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6765
Silver League had one of the most interesting situations arise as Harrow CC(PZ) and The Humpty Elephants(MS) both overrated. The writer (man, calling myself in the third person is fun) is pleased to announce the result of that game would stand as is after The Humpty Elephants won the game on the back of Kiwi Blair Larsen's 99.

The winds in the air and the cracks of the uneven track favoured Blade Breakers(LCF) as their Scottish right hand bat Hugh Black scored a decent 73 to chase a par total of 196 against ChePu 206(QG). Earlier in the day, Blade Breakers lead quick Stanton Balliram ran through the batting side with a 6-fer.

One of the happiest reversal of results will occur in the game between Maiden Over CC(IU) and Afridi XI(KK) as Marco Mollema's 173 and Ariyapala Darling's 37 off 16 balls rampage meant that they tied the scores at 384 after being outrated by 9k. The openers of Afridi XI, despite the reversal must be praised for an exciting 273 run opening stand. (And no, I am not just happy because Maiden50 had offered me a Nat Assistant Job, I am a prolific writer who ignores all his feelings during writing)

Gold League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6764
Dead Strokers(MS) rated 201k against Jackson Barbers(IU) and handed the Jackson Barbers a victory with the overrating despite captain Sikkema's memorable knock of 126.

The Hybrid Dolphins(PZ) keeper Marvin Dunn's ton meant that they posted 257 under Overcast-Sticky conditions which was quite a above par total but Bottybotbots(QG) showed quite some steel to score 240 before setting off the detonator and scoring 9 runs for 5 wickets in the final 25 balls.

Better Late than Pregnant(LCF) had rolled over their opponents Young Snipers(KK) with their lead quick Richard Poole grabbing 5 wickets but had unfortunately overrated by 11k, and will have a loss against their name.

Scores
Peshawar Zalmi (PZ): 2 wins, 3 losses
Lahore Capra Falconeri (LCF): 3 wins, 2 losses
Quetta Gladiators (QG): 2 wins, 3 losses
Karachi Kings (KK): 3 wins, 2 losses
Multan Sultans (MS): 2 wins, 3 losses
Islamabad United (IU): 3 wins, 2 losses
Becoming more irritating, post by post

Post by 100 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:34 pm

MOD-wmchamps wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:26 am
Diamond League match between Nepali Gaints and Pakshaheen will be overturned to reflect Pakshaheen as the winners as Nepali Gaints went over the match ratings limit.

Gold League match between Young Snipers and Better Late Than Pregnant has been overturned to a Young Snipers victory as Better Late Than Pregnant went over the match ratings limit.

Gold League match between Dead Stroker and Jacksons Barbers has been overturned to a Jacksons Barbers win as Dead Stroker went over the match ratings limit.

It was indeed a thriller between Maiden Over CC and Afridi XI in the Silver League, but unfortunately the match is awarded to Maiden Over CC as Afridi XI went over the match ratings limit.

Bronze League match between TRAL TIGERS and United XI has been overturned to a United XI win as TRAL TIGERS went over the match ratings limit.

Bronze League match between London Spirit and SBClub has been overturned to a London Spirit win as SBClub went over the match ratings limit.

The Humpty Elephants and Harrow CC both went over the match ratings limit so the result will stand.

So in total 7 matches were affected out of which the results of 6 had to be overturned which is a decent start and hopefully teams will be able to improve for further rounds.

Change my match result because i went over rating but my opponent was below the limit, so technically we both breach the rule, then why the result was overturned :?: :?:

MOD-wmchamps
MOD

Post by MOD-wmchamps » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 pm

100 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:34 pm
Change my match result because i went over rating but my opponent was below the limit, so technically we both breach the rule, then why the result was overturned :?: :?:
The rule is only breached if you go over the limit, there is no penalty for staying below the limit.

It does not matter how much lower your match ratings are than the limit set, they could be 20k or even 30k lower but you will not be penalized as long as you are staying below the limit.
ImageNAT Manager

MOD-wmchamps
MOD

Post by MOD-wmchamps » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:57 pm

quirkilyalive wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:40 pm
PSL 5 Round 1 Summary
Fantastic job with the summary, much appreciated :clap
ImageNAT Manager

Bottybot

Post by Bottybot » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:00 am

Managed to snag my first win of the cup in Gold this week with a great game vs. Dead Stroker (gameId=5615952).

The away team (Dead Strokers) scored 243-7 on uneven/cloudy, with my spin boling leaking lots of runs. The chase began strong but began to teeter off, with 71 runs required from the last 8 overs. Thankfully, my keeper Martin and previously disappointing spinner Shiromi brought us home just in the knick of time with 86 runs from the final 65 balls.

Both teams fell within the rating limit, with my ratings trailed closely at 192k vs 196k.

Good game 100!
quirkilyalive wrote:
PSL 5 Round 1 Summary
Amazing summary! Thanks for taking the time.

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 am

Bleeding heck! I was stupidly underrated in my first match, then barely over the ratings limit the second time. I'm not getting any luck eh. :doh

(I'm so sorry to my franchise members)
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

eagles123

Post by eagles123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:35 pm

South London's Number One CC v Jhelum Lions >> Match Ratings
Match Ratings
South London's Number One CC Jhelum Lions
Batting - Top Order 10,550 12,490
Batting - Middle Order 11,280 11,677
Batting - Tail 4,079 7,166
Bowling - Seam 12,234 (40) 10,857 (40)
Bowling - Spin 14,404 (10) 11,654 (10)
Fielding/Keeping 15,221 11,655
Overall 208,567 208,214

Lost the toss and put in to bat on Sticky/Overcast, though was going to have a bat anyway. Poor fielding did for our opps with 5 dropped catches, as we racked up an impressive 264/5 in our 50. It was always going to be a difficult chase, and in the end we got the win by 117 runs. One win one loss to start off the competition, and an interesting game against wolfberries affiliate side to come next week :)

MOD-wmchamps
MOD

Post by MOD-wmchamps » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:02 pm

I know that this season of the competition has just started but it is never too early to discuss ways to improve this for next season.

A few thoughts that I had in mind:

1: Introduce the option for franchises to retain some teams going forward starting next season or the season after.
The exact number can be decided later but this change will enable franchises to maintain some degree of continuity and we can also see rivalries being formed.
If picked for retention, teams will still have the choice if they want to stay in the same franchise or not.
So for example if Team A is retained by Quetta, but Team A wishes to leave Quetta, then they will be entered into the draft where anyone can pick them.

2: No more in-game leagues and instead teams have to challenge each other for friendly matches.
Teams will be assigned an entire week to get their games done and each team has to post the link to fixtures in their thread.
So for example Round 1 has to be played in FTP Week 4, Round 2 in FTP Week 5 and so on.
If teams have no free friendly slots then the match will be declared a draw.

3: Points system will change to reflect the new format
2 points will be awarded for a franchise win and 1 point for a franchise draw
For example out of 6 matches between Karachi and Lahore if Karachi win 4 and Lahore win 2, then the score will read as Karachi 4-2 Lahore.
Karachi gets 2 points in this case.
Individual wins and losses will also be recorded and used as a tie-breaker in case of a tie in the points table.

4: Following on from above we can also introduce playoffs, which would basically be a tournament Final between 1st and 2nd place, a 3rd place playoff and a 5th place playoff.

5: Also following on from above prizes can be awarded to the members of the winning franchise.

Based on these proposed changes teams will not be locked into a in-game league but will have the flexibility of arranging matches.
This will also result in captains having to be proactive and making sure that fixtures are arranged.

Match rating limits will still be enforced.

I know it is a lot :D but please feel free to give your thoughts (even if you reject all these)

Other ideas are also appreciated if anyone has any.
ImageNAT Manager

Maiden50

Post by Maiden50 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 pm

I like the sound of the changes, all seems like a lot of fun! I've never captained but my only worry would be that there would be a lot of work for the captains?
Maiden Over CC
Maiden Scotland CC
West Indies NAT Manager Season 45-

Shahzaday11

Post by Shahzaday11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:53 am

MOD-wmchamps wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:02 pm
I know that this season of the competition has just started but it is never too early to discuss ways to improve this for next season.

A few thoughts that I had in mind:

1: Introduce the option for franchises to retain some teams going forward starting next season or the season after.
The exact number can be decided later but this change will enable franchises to maintain some degree of continuity and we can also see rivalries being formed.
If picked for retention, teams will still have the choice if they want to stay in the same franchise or not.
So for example if Team A is retained by Quetta, but Team A wishes to leave Quetta, then they will be entered into the draft where anyone can pick them.

2: No more in-game leagues and instead teams have to challenge each other for friendly matches.
Teams will be assigned an entire week to get their games done and each team has to post the link to fixtures in their thread.
So for example Round 1 has to be played in FTP Week 4, Round 2 in FTP Week 5 and so on.
If teams have no free friendly slots then the match will be declared a draw.

3: Points system will change to reflect the new format
2 points will be awarded for a franchise win and 1 point for a franchise draw
For example out of 6 matches between Karachi and Lahore if Karachi win 4 and Lahore win 2, then the score will read as Karachi 4-2 Lahore.
Karachi gets 2 points in this case.
Individual wins and losses will also be recorded and used as a tie-breaker in case of a tie in the points table.

4: Following on from above we can also introduce playoffs, which would basically be a tournament Final between 1st and 2nd place, a 3rd place playoff and a 5th place playoff.

5: Also following on from above prizes can be awarded to the members of the winning franchise.

Based on these proposed changes teams will not be locked into a in-game league but will have the flexibility of arranging matches.
This will also result in captains having to be proactive and making sure that fixtures are arranged.

Match rating limits will still be enforced.

I know it is a lot :D but please feel free to give your thoughts (even if you reject all these)

Other ideas are also appreciated if anyone has any.
Good to see the changes. But in game arranging friendly matches could be a tough job :whistle as only constraint of match rating is not followed 100%. But one can argue easily if they arrange their friendly they can check their ratings too. any how up to you.
Like those changes.
Pak Nat Assist
s42 onward

hasraz

Post by hasraz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 am

wow, won my youth game against a far higher rated side despite forgetting to set orders :party

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:55 pm

PSL 5 Round 2 Summary

The second round of the fifth edition of the Pakistan Super League saw the commencement of the Platinum League as other leagues continued proceedings. This is a brief summary of all that happened across leagues on January 13, 2021.

Youth League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6767

On a sunny day, the Shorkot Stallions(IU) posted an impressive 252 on the board. In response, the collective effort of their bowlers restricted the Indian Capers(LCF) to a measly 155.

The cloudy sky and the uneven track had all seamers licking their fingers walking into the field. After restricting Mohun Bagun(KK) to a 197, Hasraz A(PZ) found their opener Hamas Umar scoring 87 and lasting on the field for the entire innings but 4 balls, as their middle order got them the final 5 runs to complete the chase.

Afghan=Good(QG) opener Babar Munaf's century meant that they scored 212 in the first innings. In reply to this, the Lachlan Tigers(MS) seemed clueless as they were cleaned up for 111.

Bronze League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6766

The game between Shahzaday11(LCF) and TRAL TIGERS(IU) saw both teams rating above 160k, and hence, an impressive performance by the TRAL TIGERS meant that they took the points home, winning the match by 51 runs.

London Spirit(KK) opener Freedom Mosena's century and keeper Nau McAullay's 41-run blitz lead them to post an impressive 335 on a green track. In response, ST 96(PZ) saw themselves breaking under pressure and losing all 10 wickets for 243.

United XI(QG) were awarded yet another win when their opponent SBClub(MS) overrated for the second time in a row.

Silver League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6765

The game between Maiden Over CC(IU) and Harrow CC(PZ) was a close encounter but captain Nolan Fernandez adamance to not leave the pitch meant that Maiden Over CC had finished the chase, and got themselves a win. Harrow CC's lower middle order had put up a decent performance in the first innings, scoring 70 runs in the final 9 overs.

The hard pitch at Humpty's Wall did not stay true to its name as the Blade Breakers(LCF) were demolished for a meagre 102 runs in their pursuit of 183. The Humpty Elephants(MS) Keeper Nate Wynhum's gritty 79 seemed to have been the difference between the two sides.

After overrating in the previous match, Afridi XI(KK) seemed passive in their approach as they rated 4k below the lower limit. The only positive for them was batsman Aftab Mian's century, as ChePu 206(QG) had no troubles defending 256 on a sticky pitch that meant sheer trouble for batsmen. ChePu 206 batsmen had stitched a 135 run partnership that boosted them to this total.

Gold League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6764

In the Gold League, Jackson Barbers(IU) and Young Snipers(KK) played out a real nail-biter. After restricting Young Snipers to 166, largely due to lead bowler Horace Treacy's 6-fer and a crumbling track's assistance, Jackson Barbers looked steady in the chase until the fall of the third wicket. What followed after that, was an hour and half of utter brilliance as the Snipers never let the Barbers build another partnership, finally sneaking away with a 5-run victory.

The Hybrid Dolphins(PZ) overrated by 1k, which meant that American Jack Meadows magnificient 97(96), wherein he resurrected the innings from 80-3 went in vain. Better Late than Pregnant(LCF) will take the points home, despite their loss.

Dead Stroker(MS) batsman Jessie Denton's impressive century will be in vain, as Bottybotbots(QG) keeper George Martin wreaked havoc in the final 20 overs in their chase of 244 on an uneven deck with an utter masterpiece of 64(54).

Diamond League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6768

After wrapping up Wolfberries Too(LCF) for 197 runs on a pitch with quite a bit of grass covering, Pakshaheen(MS) never faced any problems in the chase thanks to their 145-run opening stand.

South London's Number One CC's(PZ) finishers gave them the boost to cross the coveted 250-run mark scoring a 84 run partnership off of 57 balls to end the innings. In response, Jhelum Lions(KK) batsmen fell off like dominos hit by a wrecking ball named Shane Gootjes.

Nepali Gaints(IU) batsmen showed some collective effort to muster 254, in response to which blackcat(QG) opener Joel Blunsden stuck around till Over 43 to play an innings that defined the chase. Unfortunate for him, the team will have their result reversed due to overrating.

Platinum League https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... ionId=6774

Now we are into the league of the big dogs(maybe the lions, but you get the point), the league of the top sides and the top players. The Platinum League features the best teams, and here is how those teams fared in their first round.

The chilling winds and the nerve wrecking cracks on the pitch helped Al Khobar Falcons(IU) find an unlikely hero in tailender Naeem Rashid who blasted 49 runs off of 33 balls, boggling all that were there in attendance to that match. To add to that, Cover point(LCF) keeper Rolland Rossouw scored an impressive 91 that went in vain due to no support from the other end. Cover point failed the chase in the end by 29 runs. (Legend has stated that Naeem Rashid was actually MOD-wmchamps who came out to bat) {Also, yes, I might repeatedly crack this same joke.}

After cleaning their opponents Hasraz(PZ) up for a bare 168, Caterham Crusaders(KK) were helped by opener Ismail Menk's century as they won the game with certain ease.

The encounter between Legend Super Chicken Samurai(MS) and Allmänna Idrottsklubben(QG) was an entertaining one, quite like the writer's struggle to spell Allmänna Idrottsklubben. (The writer gave up at the end and copy-pasted it)
Allmänna Idrottsklubben found their captain Vaughan Brennan leading the side from the front and scoring a run-a-ball 118 to help his side get to 272. In response, opener Mduduzi Rugeje's 88 and a delighting 87* run stand between Majid Jaber and Nawaz Abubakar helped them overcome this target with 5 balls to spare.

Scores
Peshawar Zalmi (PZ): 2+2 wins, 3+4 losses
Lahore Capra Falconeri (LCF): 3+1 wins, 2+5 losses
Quetta Gladiators (QG): 2+4 wins, 3+2 losses
Karachi Kings (KK): 3+3 wins, 2+3 losses
Multan Sultans (MS): 2+3 wins, 3+3 losses
Islamabad United (IU): 3+5 wins, 2+1 losses
Last edited by quirkilyalive on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quirkilyalive

Post by quirkilyalive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 pm

Bottybot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:00 am
Managed to snag my first win of the cup in Gold this week with a great game vs. Dead Stroker (gameId=5615952).

The away team (Dead Strokers) scored 243-7 on uneven/cloudy, with my spin boling leaking lots of runs. The chase began strong but began to teeter off, with 71 runs required from the last 8 overs. Thankfully, my keeper Martin and previously disappointing spinner Shiromi brought us home just in the knick of time with 86 runs from the final 65 balls.

Both teams fell within the rating limit, with my ratings trailed closely at 192k vs 196k.

Good game 100!
quirkilyalive wrote:
PSL 5 Round 1 Summary
Amazing summary! Thanks for taking the time.
MOD-wmchamps wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:57 pm
quirkilyalive wrote:
PSL 5 Round 1 Summary
Fantastic job with the summary, much appreciated :clap
Thank you for the praise:)

MOD-wmchamps
MOD

Post by MOD-wmchamps » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:43 pm

Maiden50 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 pm
I like the sound of the changes, all seems like a lot of fun! I've never captained but my only worry would be that there would be a lot of work for the captains?
The Giants Cup which the Indian community ran some seasons ago followed a similar format and some captains appointed assistants to help them out if they felt overwhelmed.

I do agree that captains will have more work to do if we switch to the new format as compared to now which is why I am trying to gauge interest in switching over and also we will need captains who will be active in this case.

Another thing I thought of was to have a couple of people involved in the organization of the competition each season aside from myself, as I am only one person and cannot do everything on my own (Despite the MOD title :lol: )
ImageNAT Manager