South Africa Youth Discussion

A place for players in South Africa to communicate.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Under 19 Matters

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:04 pm

Hellbound81 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:18 am
The number of affiliate teams in South Africa producing Australian players already tells you everything you need to know.
So how many affiliates are there?
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:31 pm

The answer you're looking for is none
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

werdo64

Post by werdo64 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:19 pm

EpicFail wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:28 am
Werdo,

Good to see one of my boys in the 17YO group, you might want to keep an eye on Marshall Hannah. Just popped in batting this week, plenty of time to get both fitness and fielding up to a suitable level. Feel free to shoot me a message regarding both Hannah & Frankish.
Hey mate!
Frankish is in a good spot, though hopefully his endurance comes up naturally cause it's a little lower than we'd like.
Hannah looks like a good player, but being 2-3 levels of fielding down on his contemporaries, and where we'd like his fielding means he's 6-9 weeks behind in training. I'll keep an eye on him for you, though he's going to need some fielding soon cause as he ages, and Fielding training slows he'll slowly fall a bit further behind.

werdo64

Post by werdo64 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:31 pm

Hellbound81 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:47 am
As of Season 45, weekly youth recruits will be selected from random countries.

The ability to select a country to recruit youth players from will become a financial members only feature.
WOW!

Just, WOW!
I agree that I don't like this change. I do think to be able to evaluate what effect this change has on the Nat Player Pools will need to be seen over the next few seasons.
I trust that the management team have run the numbers and evaluated the potential problems with losing managers opposed to this change, etc.
I'm sorry to all the Managers who are NOT supporters who support a NAT squad and now can't guarantee they'll get to recruit for that team anymore. I do know though that the rate of NAT interest is fairly low (like 20%ish of the player base) though.
LukeDaywalker wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:28 am
I got a bit wound up on the other thread,
no one seems to get my point that Aus will stay on top because they have the most members
and we now have to pay to keep pulling SA youths?! :thumbsdown :shock:
I'm really sorry you've been impacted by this change Luke :(
I know it makes it a lot harder to support your country with youth pulls, but please remember there are other ways to support SA than just by recruiting players.

simmo014

Post by simmo014 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:16 am

I'll kick it off with my predictions. If I happen to win then the prize will go to the next best guesses.
Most runs for the tour week - Leon Howard (210 runs)
Most wickets for the tour week - Aubrey Whiddon (9 wickets)