U20's National Discussion

A place for players in the West Indies to communicate.
Maddog40

Re: U20's National Discussion

Post by Maddog40 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:18 am

We batted first against New Zealand, Elaine Alleyne's 51* ended up dragging us to a respectable total of 193. While it took a while for the first wicket to fall, Ben Matthews eventually got the ball rolling before Kieran Fingall took 5-35 to bowl out New Zealand for 167, and secure our Div 1 status for another season.

Game 5 against our old foes England will decide whether we win division 1 for the 3rd time of my tenure. Can we do it? Link here - https://www.fromthepavilion.org/gamedet ... Id=5615539
Silly Mid-On CC (Scotland) and Silly Mid-Off CC (West Indies).
I'm counting the days until I inevitably get the two mixed up and buy an expensive transfer target for the wrong team.
West Indies U20 Manager S44 - . YOD World Cup Winner S46

Maiden50

Post by Maiden50 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Congrats on another Div 1 win guys. I thought when I made that Hall of Fame it wouldn't be much work but I'm having to add another competition win every few weeks :lol: :party
Maiden Over CC
Maiden Scotland CC
West Indies NAT Manager Season 45-

Maddog40

Post by Maddog40 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:27 pm

A good all round bowling performance and a 50 from opener Johnson led us home to victory agaisnt England and another Div 1 title to add to the collection :party :party

T20 world cup will be the next thing to look out for at the end of the season, should be an interesting world cup for us. Can we improve from our T20 tour form earlier in the season?
I'm counting the days until I inevitably get the two mixed up and buy an expensive transfer target for the wrong team.

Maddog40

Post by Maddog40 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:10 pm

T20 World cup time! Here is the 18 that have been picked for the occasion.

Batsmen:
- Nichollas Rampersad [Kent International CC]
- Ellaine Alleyne [Space Wolves]
- Greg Johnson [Germantown Cricket Club]
- Rohan Jordan [Germantown Cricket Club]
- Kamal Walsh [Antiguan Golden Cats]
- Steve Cameron [Berkshire CCC]

KB's:
- Josiah Mason [Gold Prospectors X1]
- Carl Charles [The Tourists]
- Leonard Finlyason [Space Wolves]

Bowlers:
- Ben Matthews [Silly Mid-On CC]
- Geoffrey Austin [Never liked the name of my team]
- Adrian Trocard [Dead Men 11]
- Ian Lewis [De Houthakkers]
- Richard Antoine [Antiguan Golden Cats]
- Gerald Africa [JQ CC]
- Winston Pollard [ballsout c.c]
- Kamroze Rowe [Wildcards]
- Adrian McCarthy [Gold Prospectors X1]

Sri Lanka will host the world cup this time around, and we'll be playing in group A along with some heavy hitters in Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the USA. Can we clinch 1st or 2nd in this group to make it to the semi finals? First game agaisnt Sri Lanka will take place in a weeks time.

Wilkesy93

Post by Wilkesy93 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:48 pm

After helping JQ CC to promotion to Div 1 for the first time in the club's history, Gerald Africa is fully ready for the World Cup

Maddog40

Post by Maddog40 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Game 1 was agaisnt Sri Lanka, and we put Sri Lanka into bat on the flat conditions. Ben Matthews was the pick of the bowlers as the only one to get a wicket as well as being the most economical by far, as Sri Lanka posted a score of 171. While we lost a lot more wickets in our response, Nichollas Rampersad's unbeaten 65 from the No.2 position helped us chase the target on the last ball to get our first win of the world cup.

Australia's next, and despite the fact they'll probably rate 200k ( :ninja ) we'll still be looking for win number 2. Catch the game at 5:30 GMT here: https://www.fromthepavilion.org/gamedet ... Id=5617341

Maddog40

Post by Maddog40 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:56 pm

Our day 2 game agaisnt Australia never got going, our bowling group leaked way too many runs and chasing 165 we only mustered 124. Completely outclassed really.

Day 3 gave us the USA, and a strong opening from batsmen Greg Johnson, Rohan Jordan and Steve Cameron gave us 138 to defend, which the Americans managed to reach exactly within the 20 overs to give us a tie.

This meant day 4 was a must win game agaisnt New Zealand, and after a decent (if a little slow) start our batsmen were stopped in their tracks by a Hattrick from wrist spinner Mosey, and NZ had little trouble chasing 104 to send us out of the world cup.

Game 5 was a dead rubber agaisnt Bangladesh, but some younger players impressed with Kamal Walsh scoring a quick 47* and Geoffrey Austin keeping an economical 1-15 to win by 16 runs.

Overall it's not what we wanted, but we had a very tough group with all 4 semi finalists of the previous WC in one group. Onwards to the new season! :thumbsup