SL NT - The New Era

A place for players in Sri Lanka to communicate.
Dravy

Re: SL NT - The New Era

Post by Dravy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 am

Heh saw that

Lovely :clap
Image Kiss My Chaminda Vaas Image Swings Both Ways
“Dravy is a very smart manager who somehow always manages to perform miracles” - Hellbound81

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:34 am

He's just jealous of our outstanding skilled bowlers :lol:
“Dravy is a very smart manager who somehow always manages to perform miracles” - Hellbound81

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:55 am

I threw a team together after making a few changes to the overall squad. Kinda surprised how well that meant for my guys.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Bemused by my orders tbh.

I set orders last weekend, but made some changes to the squad and did not update the orders like a right old spanner. I'll send a re match request through.

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:18 pm

:lol: we put all our eggs in one basket touring the one wristie and just two spinners total.

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:05 am

The last OD Nat tour has been run and won. In what was foreign territory for us down in Div 2 having played all previous tours in this tenure in Div 1 - SL has managed to somehow fall back into Div 1.

I am pretty satisfied to be leaving the Nat team in Div 1 in both formats, I believe where the FTP nation with the most passionate supporters belong. Alas, this OD WC coming up will be my last tour in charge of the Nat set up and I will stand aside at the next elections. I've been trying to convince bura to have a crack, however not sure what influence my harassment is having :lol: So failing that I would happily throw my support to any SL community member willing to have a crack.

Thanks to all the managers with players in the squad as always, let's finish on a high and win a bloody WC for once after being bridesmaids at the last two!

Cheers
Dravy

bura

Post by bura » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:38 am

This is a great loss for SL I must say! :cry: But don’t blame you if you wanna leave. Net crop of players are just not exciting! :thumbsdown

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:53 am

Has little to do with the nex gen of players - I just can't commit the time to the role that it deserves like I could 13 months ago.

Additionally I lost all my drive and care factor after that T20 WC debacle, no one including the developer of the game gave a stuff about Senior Nats.

bura

Post by bura » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:03 am

Yeah too bad I also noticed that you are not that involved after the T20 WC. And I totally get you. That’s was not inspiring at all! Anyways I was just venting my dissatisfaction about the player quality I did not really meant you care about the quality and your decision is related to that.

And thanks for mentioning my name as successor. But I am not sure anybody cares about the NAT scene much so not feeling the inspiration at the moment. We will see later. There are lots of quality people around to take the mantle! :)

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:30 am

We lost the youth thread. That's unfortunate.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

Lesvosace

Post by Lesvosace » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm

yer crowy deleted it a while back as i recall. It's hard as a manager when stuff like the seniors t20 wc final happens and then this year the world cups just get binned as a whole. Tough to keep your motivation. Honestly we had a killer crop with the u19s we've been on fire all season and then the rug gets pulled. Personally i feel it's the final nail in the coffin of nats. I forsee it getting phased out. :doh
Sri Lanka National Team Manager Season 19-24. The longest serving Sri Lanka U19/U20 manager in history (probably)
U19 One Day World Cup Winner : Season 28 Image

Dravy

Post by Dravy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Somehow, after another season the SL Senior Nat side remains in Div 1 across both OD and T20 formats. Which is a minor miracle given their manager has no idea what he is doing.

The team is in a good position for someone in the SL community to take the reigns next season after the World Cup :thumbsup