Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

A place for players in Zimbabwe to communicate.
CE-DKM
CAPT
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by CE-DKM » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 pm

TopManager wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:09 pm
Whilst losing all 5 games in Division 3 is unfortunate. There is still a conceivable chance of SOD WC qualification. Here is some advice I hope the Zimbabwean management team will take on board...

1) Getting to Division 2 quickly is vital to ensuring WC qualification. As a result, I would advise Zimbabwe to use a significant amount of there rating points, if not all to secure hosting rights for the next SOD tour. Perhaps use some SOD friendlies to help you determine which pitches are best (if you are unsure).

2) For upcoming tours, try to plan how you are going to use all your touring squad efficiently in all 5 games. Try to avoid situations in which players are playing 4 consecutive days as this is not good for fatigue and will most likely lead to sub-par performances in games 3/4 & 5. Think about which batsmen are best able to play 4 games in a tour, perhaps giving them a rest day on game 3, so they don't play 3/4 games consecutively. If players do well and get more fatigued, your initial strategy will probably need to change, but at least going into each tour with at least some idea of how you will manage fatigue should help reduce some of the inefficiency seen on this tour.

TM
Great post :thumbsup
Image England Head Coach
T20 World Cup Semi-Finalist
Belfast City Titans - Division 1 Ireland

CE-DKM
CAPT
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by CE-DKM » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:39 pm

YorkshirePudding wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:51 pm
Well, I have 2 players in the current touring squad (Moolman and Hotchin) and have had no comms from the Zim manager or their assistants either by in game message or via this forum... so I hope that will be changing in future.

It's nearly 10 real life years since I was involved in the nationals scene. But I do hope they get off the bottom of division 3 soon! It's becoming painful to watch.

I do wonder if Jannie Jennings could/should have had a last tilt at windmills, although 32, he is still exceptional batting and bowling summary, LWS with a ODI batting average of 28 and bowling average of 17, mind you my domestic side thanks the current management...

All the best, YP
Sorry mate, I missed this post in particular. Have you tried contacting Helen? It might be a good idea to try and get you in there as assistant. Your experience is invaluable at any nation.
Image England Head Coach
T20 World Cup Semi-Finalist
Belfast City Titans - Division 1 Ireland

cleanprophet
Posts: 4092
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:21 pm

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by cleanprophet » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am

CE-DKM wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 pm
I didn't escalate any argument thank you very much.

Call people names and this is what happens.
I simply requested that both yourself and Chepu stay out of it (by suggesting you crawl back under your respective rocks). That's not calling names and unless you are a 3yo, I suggest you stop spitting your dummy and kicking off with the tit for tat garbage that Chepu goes in for.

I can't even remember the name of the last manager. He asked me to be part of his management team and I agreed. Whenever he asked me to set orders for him, I did so. After a while he stopped messaging me and went bot (following an alarming trend that started when Ash sadly passed away).

The Zimbabwe manager's job is a tricky one but I have had success in that position in the past, which is something neither you or your fellow stone thrower can attest to.

My criticism of the current set-up is that they were utterly abysmal last time. Their failure rate was higher than any previous management set-up (fact) and they completely failed to engage with the community (fact). The national team suffered horribly and all indications are that history will repeat.

Now, you and Chepu can waste your time attacking me (go for it, I couldn't give a rat's ass about either your opinion). Sometime in a previous life, I deeply insulted Chepu's biological lineage (it would appear) and so any post of mine initiates an inevitable attack from that direction. It's a type of sport and I enjoy his childish ejaculations - keep them coming little man :thumbsup

Maiden50
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:24 pm
Location: England

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by Maiden50 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:40 am

cleanprophet wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am
I simply requested that both yourself and Chepu stay out of it (by suggesting you crawl back under your respective rocks). That's not calling names and unless you are a 3yo, I suggest you stop spitting your dummy and kicking off with the tit for tat garbage that Chepu goes in for.

I can't even remember the name of the last manager. He asked me to be part of his management team and I agreed. Whenever he asked me to set orders for him, I did so. After a while he stopped messaging me and went bot (following an alarming trend that started when Ash sadly passed away).

The Zimbabwe manager's job is a tricky one but I have had success in that position in the past, which is something neither you or your fellow stone thrower can attest to.

My criticism of the current set-up is that they were utterly abysmal last time. Their failure rate was higher than any previous management set-up (fact) and they completely failed to engage with the community (fact). The national team suffered horribly and all indications are that history will repeat.

Now, you and Chepu can waste your time attacking me (go for it, I couldn't give a rat's ass about either your opinion). Sometime in a previous life, I deeply insulted Chepu's biological lineage (it would appear) and so any post of mine initiates an inevitable attack from that direction. It's a type of sport and I enjoy his childish ejaculations - keep them coming little man :thumbsup
From your post I infer that as an assistant you were given full national team responsibilities? You were able to select orders, select tour team, etc.? So why on earth when the previous manager (who's name you don't remember) became inactive and eventually went bot did you not take it upon yourself to take the team on and keep it in good hands. Yes you were an assistant, and Helen is manager, but to me that is doing a lot less than what Helen has managed so far - even if she has made mistakes.

To me it seems you're happy to complain about the current management, yet this management probably wouldn't be in place if you'd helped when the previous one went inactive.
Maiden Over CC
Maiden Scotland CC

CE-DKM
CAPT
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by CE-DKM » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:20 am

cleanprophet wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am
CE-DKM wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 pm
I didn't escalate any argument thank you very much.

Call people names and this is what happens.
I simply requested that both yourself and Chepu stay out of it (by suggesting you crawl back under your respective rocks). That's not calling names and unless you are a 3yo, I suggest you stop spitting your dummy and kicking off with the tit for tat garbage that Chepu goes in for.

I can't even remember the name of the last manager. He asked me to be part of his management team and I agreed. Whenever he asked me to set orders for him, I did so. After a while he stopped messaging me and went bot (following an alarming trend that started when Ash sadly passed away).

The Zimbabwe manager's job is a tricky one but I have had success in that position in the past, which is something neither you or your fellow stone thrower can attest to.

My criticism of the current set-up is that they were utterly abysmal last time. Their failure rate was higher than any previous management set-up (fact) and they completely failed to engage with the community (fact). The national team suffered horribly and all indications are that history will repeat.

Now, you and Chepu can waste your time attacking me (go for it, I couldn't give a rat's ass about either your opinion). Sometime in a previous life, I deeply insulted Chepu's biological lineage (it would appear) and so any post of mine initiates an inevitable attack from that direction. It's a type of sport and I enjoy his childish ejaculations - keep them coming little man :thumbsup
You called us buffoons. That's not engaging in a constructive discussion about the country moving forward as a whole is it? I warned everyone in the thread to keep the discussion civil and you did exactly the opposite with the tone of the language you used. I'm not disagreeing with you that Zimbabwe are in trouble, nor do I disagree with you that things need to improve there. I agree on both counts but I also believe in keeping people an opportunity to rectify their mistakes and move forward without being bogged down by negativity. People should not have to cower away from the forums or from taking opportunities within the game because you disagree with what they do or say and decide to put that across in an unacceptable manner.

However, this isn't the first time you've belittled people on the forums because they've shared a different opinion to you. You've done it the entire time you've been a part of FTP, you're just not as sharp as Scaly was. I don't think it's unfair or sticking my nose into it (as a member of admin) to make sure the discussion remains on a certain level. I have absolutely no problem in sending you on another holiday for a longer period of time if you continue down this route.

More than happy for you to throw your successes out here though so we can all debate the accuracy of them and compare if that's really what you want to do.
Image England Head Coach
T20 World Cup Semi-Finalist
Belfast City Titans - Division 1 Ireland

Chepu
Posts: 5869
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by Chepu » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:29 am

cleanprophet wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am
CE-DKM wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 pm
I didn't escalate any argument thank you very much.

Call people names and this is what happens.
I simply requested that both yourself and Chepu stay out of it (by suggesting you crawl back under your respective rocks). That's not calling names and unless you are a 3yo, I suggest you stop spitting your dummy and kicking off with the tit for tat garbage that Chepu goes in for.

I can't even remember the name of the last manager. He asked me to be part of his management team and I agreed. Whenever he asked me to set orders for him, I did so. After a while he stopped messaging me and went bot (following an alarming trend that started when Ash sadly passed away).

The Zimbabwe manager's job is a tricky one but I have had success in that position in the past, which is something neither you or your fellow stone thrower can attest to.

My criticism of the current set-up is that they were utterly abysmal last time. Their failure rate was higher than any previous management set-up (fact) and they completely failed to engage with the community (fact). The national team suffered horribly and all indications are that history will repeat.

Now, you and Chepu can waste your time attacking me (go for it, I couldn't give a rat's ass about either your opinion). Sometime in a previous life, I deeply insulted Chepu's biological lineage (it would appear) and so any post of mine initiates an inevitable attack from that direction. It's a type of sport and I enjoy his childish ejaculations - keep them coming little man :thumbsup
Aren't you talking about the manager that went bot 4 or so seasons ago? You seem to conveniently forget the last management that you were a part of (The manager of which is not a bot), the one that didn't select squads or do orders. As a manager I would expect that my assistants do the orders if they see I have not been doing it.

Funny how every reply to you is an attack and every attack from you is harmless.. I assume there is only 1 man who is correct in the world- our great CP. The rest of us are all morons who shouldn't dare to question any statement made by the great man or else we start looking dumb in front of his highness. Sorry Your Majesty. Please forgive this child for all the mistakes of this life.
Kenya NAT manager (Season 43-46), Zimbabwe U19 manager (Season 30-41), India U19 manager (Season 24-25)
Champions- U19 T20 WC S35, U19 OD Division 1 S31 & S33, NAT OD Division 1 S45, Zimbabwe YOD 1.1 Champions- S33, S44,
Runner up- U19 OD WC S32, S26, Semifinalist- U19 T20 WC S31, NAT OD WC S45

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:38 am

ok lads lets dial it back a whole lot

Does anyone think this is helping the current team?
Does anyone think this is making the forums a place they or anyone else wants to visit?

If people want to challenge me then they can expect a holiday, a very long holiday
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

TheWizard
Posts: 1241
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:27 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by TheWizard » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:09 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:38 am
Does anyone think this is making the forums a place they or anyone else wants to visit?
Yes! These debates are the only interesting thing on the forums these days.
Image Kenya National Manager S25-27 & S40-43, Kenya U19 National Manager S28-30
Image World Cup Winning Manager S27
Image Zimbabwe National Manager S35-37

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 pm

A debate (unless in politics) is a much more civil event
And I can tell you from the many msgs I have gotten over the years, many others don't like it
If you or others want to carry on like pork chops you can do it by pm or other ways
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

TopManager
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:14 am

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by TopManager » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:33 pm

If there is anybody responsible for the disastrous last tenure it was Farooque. When you run as a NAT manager you should do so knowing that in all reasonable circumstances you're able to look after the side for the next two seasons. Assistants can't be blamed for NAT managers neglecting their responsibilities.
Former Zimbabwe Image & Netherlands Image National Manager
Current Sri Lankan Assistant Image

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:50 pm

That's partially correct but if the assistant also does nothing then they have no right to complain
The concept of assistants is to give the manager advice or to cover in their absence
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

CE-DKM
CAPT
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by CE-DKM » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 pm

Assistants have to show initiative.

If your manager doesn't seem active and you have full permissions, then take the lead and be pro active.
Image England Head Coach
T20 World Cup Semi-Finalist
Belfast City Titans - Division 1 Ireland

MD-Summit
MOD
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 am

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by MD-Summit » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:14 am

TopManager wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:33 pm
If there is anybody responsible for the disastrous last tenure it was Farooque. When you run as a NAT manager you should do so knowing that in all reasonable circumstances you're able to look after the side for the next two seasons. Assistants can't be blamed for NAT managers neglecting their responsibilities.
Assistants can not be blamed for the failings of a National Manager.

But a portion of blame can be directed to assistants.

The question always is, what could they have done differently.

And when orders arent implemented or set but you as an assistant have full access then questions can be asked.

Or when decisions are made and there is limited initiative for dialogue.

Its easy to hide behind the "I wasnt in charge" and "its someone else's problem" lines
Managing Director

Current Pakistan Division 1 SOD Champion!

Kaidus
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by Kaidus » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:33 pm

TopManager wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:33 pm
If there is anybody responsible for the disastrous last tenure it was Farooque. When you run as a NAT manager you should do so knowing that in all reasonable circumstances you're able to look after the side for the next two seasons. Assistants can't be blamed for NAT managers neglecting their responsibilities.
As a current and previous NAT assistant, especially in tour weeks, I would be checking to see if orders have been set. Thankfully I've never had to step in. If Wolfy hasn't set orders by the time I go to bed (I live in the UK) then I would set some orders to make sure theyve been set. If he comes on before the game he changes them if they're not to his liking. Simple. If he doesnt then when he contacts me I would happily stand my ground and say well where were you.

Assistants shouldnt be expected to be the manager, but as a minimum they should step in when orders for tours arent being set (obviously not including when the manager doesnt give you the access, and yes that has happened to me in the past). If you're not willing to do that then why are you even bothering with the job?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Look...up in the sky
Contact:

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:23 pm

and if the manager is consistently away and not doing his job then report them
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Post Reply