Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

A place for players in Zimbabwe to communicate.
Chepu

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by Chepu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:42 pm

Well said Dave :thumbsup
NAT Manager- Netherlands (Season 53-54), Kenya (Season 43-52), Zimbabwe U19 (Season 30-41), India U19 (Season 24-25)
Champions- U19 T20 WC S35, U19 OD Division 1 S31 & S33, NAT OD Division 1 S45 & S46, Zimbabwe T20 1.1- S47 & S49, YOD 1.1 - S44 & S33,
Runner up- U19 OD WC S32 & S26, Semifinalist- U19 T20 WC S31, NAT OD WC S45, NAT T20 WC S52

YorkshirePudding

Post by YorkshirePudding » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Well, I have 2 players in the current touring squad (Moolman and Hotchin) and have had no comms from the Zim manager or their assistants either by in game message or via this forum... so I hope that will be changing in future.

It's nearly 10 real life years since I was involved in the nationals scene. But I do hope they get off the bottom of division 3 soon! It's becoming painful to watch.

I do wonder if Jannie Jennings could/should have had a last tilt at windmills, although 32, he is still exceptional batting and bowling summary, LWS with a ODI batting average of 28 and bowling average of 17, mind you my domestic side thanks the current management...

All the best, YP
Topmen England Division 1
12 division 1 titles, Pavilion Cup winner Season 30
Image Ex U19 Manager & Assistant Image Retired Seniors + Ex-U19 Manager & Assistant

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:17 pm

CE-DKM wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:21 pm
TopManager wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:17 pm

I sent Helen an IGM immediately after I posted my questions. One of the good things that have happened in recent seasons has been the explicit expectation that national managers attempt to promote community engagement, so I hope Helen finds the time to answer my questions on the forums for everyone to see.

With regards to Fidock, it's all relative at the end of the day. I haven't got access to the Zimbabwe squad, but I do think it's fair to ask the thinking behind Fidock's suggestion, especially given Zimbabwe have lost all 3 games.
The problem is that while people ask the right questions they often do it in the wrong way.

People could select the best team for the conditions with the best orders and still lose.

Engaging with the community is one thing, how receptive they are is another. The moment Helen was elected this time around the news was met with negativity by a lot of people. How nice is that for anyone to receive when winning an election? Would that make you want to communicate with that community?
This is quite misleading. When Helen was elected, I was one of the first to dismiss fgrenyu843 claim that it was a block vote. Funnily enough, those most critical of Helen's election had nothing to do with Zimbabwe community. I believed then as I do now, that Helen has an obvious mandate and personal abuse is just unacceptable and ultimately futile.

Therefore, to try & support her the best way I can, I have tried to aid the Zimbabwe management team by raising a few concerns surrounding fatigue management and use of talents etc... I hope my questions are used as a mechanism for positive feedback.

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:22 pm

CE-DKM wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:16 pm
TopManager wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:32 pm
CP - Spot on! Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised having seen the orders Helen produced in her last tenure.
What have you done to offer or help Helen with improving that? Other than insinuating in a negative fashion that she is complete rubbish?

Your other questions are valid questions and I'm sure she will respond given time.
Hi CE-DKM,

I can see whilst presenting yourself as a beacon of wisodm, you have prepostourly stated that I have insinuated Helen is 'complete rubbish'. It's important when having a dialogue not to take people words out of context. The only thing I have said, which I stand by, is that Helen orders in her last tenure were not very good. Furthermore, in order to help her, I have tried to ask questions which will hopefully lead to an improvement.

Lots of love,
TM

cleanprophet

Post by cleanprophet » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:09 pm

The criticisms are 100% fair and appropriate. You two can crawl back under your rock and mind your own business :thumbsup

5 defeats from 5 is pretty woeful and I fully expect that level of failure to continue. You two buffoons can stick up for the current set-up and complain about people criticising them but the last time they did the job they never engaged with the community once and the same is happening again. I'd have thought that they would at least make an initial post at the start of their tenure, but nothing. I seriously doubt they're even aware of this thread and this criticism.

Chepu

Post by Chepu » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 pm

cleanprophet wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:09 pm
The criticisms are 100% fair and appropriate. You two can crawl back under your rock and mind your own business :thumbsup

5 defeats from 5 is pretty woeful and I fully expect that level of failure to continue. You two buffoons can stick up for the current set-up and complain about people criticising them but the last time they did the job they never engaged with the community once and the same is happening again. I'd have thought that they would at least make an initial post at the start of their tenure, but nothing. I seriously doubt they're even aware of this thread and this criticism.
and what did the last management do of which you were a part?

Defeats in almost every game- Tick
No engagement with community- Tick
No squad selected for tour- Tick
No orders- Tick

You can cry as much as you want by trying to hide behind the fact that you have been a complete failure when involved and just stuck around for the NAT button and now cannot see No NAT button on your tab.

As for this buffoons - Mind your language when speaking. No one called you derogatory names that you are resorting to when your failure was pointed out as you can not see how people can point out how massively you failed.
NAT Manager- Netherlands (Season 53-54), Kenya (Season 43-52), Zimbabwe U19 (Season 30-41), India U19 (Season 24-25)
Champions- U19 T20 WC S35, U19 OD Division 1 S31 & S33, NAT OD Division 1 S45 & S46, Zimbabwe T20 1.1- S47 & S49, YOD 1.1 - S44 & S33,
Runner up- U19 OD WC S32 & S26, Semifinalist- U19 T20 WC S31, NAT OD WC S45, NAT T20 WC S52

Maiden50

Post by Maiden50 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:32 pm

*Insert eating popcorn gif*
Maiden Over CC
Maiden Scotland CC
West Indies NAT Manager Season 45-48
West Indies U20 Assistant Season 52-

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Whilst losing all 5 games in Division 3 is unfortunate. There is still a conceivable chance of SOD WC qualification. Here is some advice I hope the Zimbabwean management team will take on board...

1) Getting to Division 2 quickly is vital to ensuring WC qualification. As a result, I would advise Zimbabwe to use a significant amount of there rating points, if not all to secure hosting rights for the next SOD tour. Perhaps use some SOD friendlies to help you determine which pitches are best (if you are unsure).

2) For upcoming tours, try to plan how you are going to use all your touring squad efficiently in all 5 games. Try to avoid situations in which players are playing 4 consecutive days as this is not good for fatigue and will most likely lead to sub-par performances in games 3/4 & 5. Think about which batsmen are best able to play 4 games in a tour, perhaps giving them a rest day on game 3, so they don't play 3/4 games consecutively. If players do well and get more fatigued, your initial strategy will probably need to change, but at least going into each tour with at least some idea of how you will manage fatigue should help reduce some of the inefficiency seen on this tour.

TM
Last edited by TopManager on Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:17 pm

CE-DKM wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:18 pm
Perhaps a 1 day holiday will help Cleanprophet recognize his failures at NAT level and remind him to treat other people's opinions with more respect.
Very good. Needlessly escalating an argument on the forums whilst demanding respect on the forums.

Go community engagement!