Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

A place for players in Zimbabwe to communicate.
helenrj67

Re: Zimbabwe Senior National Discussion

Post by helenrj67 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 pm

ok let the back stabbing and moaning start , yes i have been monitoring what is being posted and i would like thank those that supported me.
As i stated in my blog on the national team that i was looking for assistants , but no one came forward , so i offered the post to the two that accepted.
As for the team itself , i am trying to build a new team , i do not see the point of playing a team that is all at the 30 plus age group . i am looking bringing younger players with the view that will last more than two before getting exhausted.
So if you want to help and be positive about it then message , or alternatively if you want slag me off and complain like little children . Please do so on your own.
Many Thanks again to those that supported me
Helen

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi Helen,

I'm glad to see you're on the forums. I look forward to seeing how this new team takes shape. Hopefully, the small signs of improvement can manifest in something more substantial next tour.

TM

helenrj67

Post by helenrj67 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:12 pm

Thanks for some of the positive messages i have received. .
On a different note , one of my assistants has left so i am on the look out for another assistant , experience not necessary , just the willingness to get involved and be supportive.
Please message me in the game as i do not always have time to check on here
Many Thanks
Helen

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Here is my blog post for the benefit of forum users

Firstly, I would like to acknowledge I've been given the job in controversial circumstances. I think my predecessor whilst acting in good faith, failed the Zimbabwe community. As a result, I will be looking to address the following issues.

1) The current squad is a complete mess and many players who have toured are not NAT quality. As a result, please don't be surprised to see your player removed from the squad in the coming days.

2) Many national players have sub-optimal training regimes. Hence, I will be messaging managers in the coming days with the ambition of correcting such issues. Furthermore, if you have a promising Zimbabwe player, I would encourage you to message me if you are unsure surrounding training plans.

3) I will look to add an assistant/assistants. However, given Zimbabwe's next game isn't until 8/9 weeks away, I will take my time. Applications are welcome, but unlikely to be considered for a while.

4) Nat requirement are shown in a previous blog post, they are a good but imperfect guide.

Thanks for your support,
TM

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:36 pm

Significantly outrated against a young Australian side. Nevertheless a comprehensive 8 wicket victory. Great to see a young batsman T. Ngidhi do well. Lots of friendlies coming up.

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=5475943

cleanprophet

Post by cleanprophet » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:46 pm

Best of luck. I'm very sure that the Zimbabwe Nat team is in good hands. That said, I don't envy your task!

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:48 pm

cleanprophet wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:46 pm
Best of luck. I'm very sure that the Zimbabwe Nat team is in good hands. That said, I don't envy your task!
Cheers CP!

Two more friendly games have passed!

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=5475951
Turned out to be a fairly comprehensive defeat against a much higher rated NZ side. Even by Zimbabwean standards being 149-4 and ending up 160 all out can be considered a disapointing collapse when chasing 205.

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=5475939
On the plus side - a comprehensive win. Unfortunately, I mixed up S. Chidyasiku with B. Chikwawa (thankfully it was a friendly!), however, Matema & Tahir did the business.

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:27 am

Two 20/20 friendlies have passed.

We managed to win the first 20/20 against the West Indies (who forgot to set orders).
https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=5475958

Unfortunately, we failed to beat The Netherlands. A competitive performance, especially considering Lodge and Tahir was not selected. Evidently, we gave ourselves too much to do in the chase. However, Scott gave us a fighting chance.
https://www.fromthepavilion.org/ratings ... Id=5476157

Back to SOD friendlies until our first tour

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:29 pm

jays492797 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:46 pm
Hiya

I've been playing FTP for a few seasons and have twice put my name up as a manger and then bottled it through not knowing what is involved. If you are still looking for an assistant please contact me and perhaps i could help you and/or learn something myself.

Kindest Regards
Hello jays492797,

I've found somebody who will take the 3rd assistant spot after the U20 elections (thebof).

Whilst being an assistant is a great way to be part of the Zimbabwe community, it's not the only way. Feel free to pull Zimbabwe and perhaps a vacancy will come up with the U20's after the next election.

Thanks for the post,
TM

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Some not so good friendly results for Zimbabwe since I last posted. Thankfully, we have got 2/3 weeks to get in shape for our next tour!

thebof

Post by thebof » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:23 am

I saw a graph posted on discord chat showing Zimbabwe seniors have the lowest average wage in the international squads, so we could be in for some tough tours. I like being an underdog though and it makes winning feel better.

epcguy

Post by epcguy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Looking at potential Senior International players I like many tend to bring my Youths through to Senior side and sell on at about 25yrs old when I cant afford to keep them. This will obviously be detrimental to future development as U20 focussed managers have lower Academies. Do you think we should encourage earlier sales of our homegrown Zimbabwe players?
Staindrop Village Image YOD 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,48,49,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Season 47,49,50,51
Staindrop Rockets Image YOD 1.1 Champions Season 47,48,51 Y20/20 1.1 Champions Seasons 46,47,56
Zimbabwe Youth Manager Image U20 T20 World Cup Winners S55 & U20 One Day World Cup Winners S56

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:13 pm

epcguy wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:26 pm
Looking at potential Senior International players I like many tend to bring my Youths through to Senior side and sell on at about 25yrs old when I cant afford to keep them. This will obviously be detrimental to future development as U20 focussed managers have lower Academies. Do you think we should encourage earlier sales of our homegrown Zimbabwe players?
Perhaps. However, practically it is very difficult to change. You can message a manager and suggest it is best to sell - however unless you yourself are willing to buy the player (probably at a premium) than it is difficult to get the manager to change course. In my view, the bigger issue is that too many managers ignore fielding and secondaries.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:32 am

and TBH I frown upon Nat mngrs and assts asking managers to sell their players
We should be encouraging them to develop and learn more and perhaps we would engage more people in Nats that way
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member