Sokker Management Game

Feel free to talk about all sorts of things here.
AchmidG

Sokker Management Game

Post by AchmidG » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:09 am

Please delete if this isn't allowed to be posted as it is a plug for another online game, but less so for the growth of that game, and more for my own enjoyment of the game.

Besides FTP (which is the best run management game I've played), I also play a Football (Soccer) management game called Sokker.

It has been around for approximately 15yrs, and although it peaked at around 80-100k players, it has had a steady 10k players now for a number of years.

Unfortunately, a lot of the teams that play cricket, are sorely under-represented which means it is hard to compete against other nations, and also just less fun (because the teams are not evenly matched in leagues, and some countries, don't even have 8 teams - approx 25 out of 98 countries).

It would be great for anyone interested in Football to join up, especially in Australia (shameless plug), to not only grow the nation, but to have some more friendly faces around.

I would be more than happy to help anyone with finding their way around the game, the dos and don'ts.

Like FTP, it takes time to get to the top of your country, but at the same time, for a lot of the countries represented in cricket, the top isn't too far away.

Now Australia has 20 users (and 6-8 are inactive), in an 8 team league (which will be changing to 12 per league in a couple of seasons time).
England 74
India 7
South Africa 5
NZ 6
West Indies (split in to individual countries)
Nederlands 98
Canada 9
USA 41
UAE 7
Scotland 15
Kenya 4
Ireland 15
The others don't exist unfortunately. And the largest nation, Poland, has over 3000 users.

Anyway, as I say, FTP imo is the best management game going, so Sokker is a secondary management game, but if anyone, especially from Australia, feels like another challenge, I'd love to help out, and help the FTP teams grow, would even consider buying membership just to set up FTP friendly leagues.

And as a final shameless plug, if you do join, pop "achmid" down as the person who referred you. This actually doesn't help me in any way unless you buy membership, but as I continue to rally to try to improve the game for everyone, it gives me a little more pull when talking to show I am trying to help the developers out, but at the same time, they need to look after all nations (as unlike FTP which is trying to find ways to make it even for everyone, the Sokker developers do tend to look after the countries with the most users a lot more than us small guys, which I am trying hard to rally against. But It's also been explained to me how a lot of European national comps are run, and lack of variety in winners due to huge differences in money between clubs, so I may be fighting a losing battle).

kiwi2011

Re: Sokker Management Game

Post by kiwi2011 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 pm

Lol I tried this but just got error messages and then a stupid cancellation of registration message , I messaged admin and was ignored so I strongly suggest no one tries this if they can’t bother to address issues at all!
Scotland U19 assistant s18-19 Scotland senior assistant s23-25 New Zealand assistant u19 s20-22

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:24 am

kiwi2011 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 pm
Lol I tried this but just got error messages and then a stupid cancellation of registration message , I messaged admin and was ignored so I strongly suggest no one tries this if they can’t bother to address issues at all!
I'm sorry to hear you got this. I have never had the above issue or heard of it happening.

When did you get the error message? I am happy to message the admins but it sounds like you have made up your mind about trying to get started (which is understandable). I believe with all the updates they are doing, they have been swamped with messages so taking a bit longer to get back too than normal.

When I rejoined a couple of years back, I literally got the email to my email address, clicked on the link, logged in, and I was playing the game. All 5 minutes it took to register and be part of the game

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:43 am

kiwi2011 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 pm
I don't know what happened, but one of the following two things may have happened

1. If you applied for a country other than the one you are joining from, that is against the rules without first contacting to admins to say why you should be a part of the other country (ie You are an Aussie living in NZ etc.)

2. This is less likely but one thing that MAY have happened is if you tried joining at approximately this time.
Sokker does have a daily update which lasts about an hour or so, but the site is down during it (I believe this is one of the things they are trying to fix).
This potentially could have caused the registration process to error out, but it's only an idea.

Let me know your username, and I will get a hold of someone, and maybe you can give it one more shot before saying no.

I know I'm asking a lot, because first impressions last, but it is worth it, and if you REALLY don't want too, maybe I can get it so you can log in and just sell off your youngsters to help out whichever country you joined (NZ or Aus, both could use it)

kiwi2011

Post by kiwi2011 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:53 am

Sorry my first impression is less than favourable and since I have been ignored for more than a week I don’t think this can offer me anything , I was applying for New Zealand but there is no information given anywhere about this
So to sum up strike one
Cancelled rego without explanation
Strike two
Ignored an email for a week
Strike three and your out
Didn’t tell me I couldn’t apply for New Zealand since I live in Australia ( not that I have any confidence they would have replied to my email anyway)
Scotland U19 assistant s18-19 Scotland senior assistant s23-25 New Zealand assistant u19 s20-22

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:08 am

kiwi2011 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:53 am
Sorry my first impression is less than favourable and since I have been ignored for more than a week I don’t think this can offer me anything , I was applying for New Zealand but there is no information given anywhere about this
So to sum up strike one
Cancelled rego without explanation
Strike two
Ignored an email for a week
Strike three and your out
Didn’t tell me I couldn’t apply for New Zealand since I live in Australia ( not that I have any confidence they would have replied to my email anyway)
No worries mate. I completely understand.

I will respond in defence of the game and the Devs.

"Cancelled rego without explanation" - Yes thanks to your post here, I have contacted them to say this is inappropriate and teams need to be told why it was cancelled rather than just the generic one, which I believe just says you went against fair play rules.

"Ignored an email for a week" - There is no excuse for this and whilst I know they are busier with the updates, it is a good way to get people offside before they have started. Again another piece of feedback I have given them

"Didn’t tell me I couldn’t apply for New Zealand since I live in Australia ( not that I have any confidence they would have replied to my email anyway)" - This one is actually on you. When you sign up they say to read the fair play rules and it is literally the first heading under rules. I'd say now knowing all the facts, this is what has occurred which led to the failings of your first two strikes. So whilst the first two strikes should not have happened, reading the registration rules would have also prevented them occurring.

I do appreciate you at least trying to sign up, and I know how frustrating these sort of things can be (have had these issues with other games before). First impressions last so I can understand why you won't want to try again.
If you decide you want to play a Soccer/Football online management game though, it is the best one I have come across and I have tried a lot of them in the past, and it is the closest I have found to FTP in terms of style and gameplay. Training is a bit different, and they do have a good 2D match engine that you can actually watch the game on (the 3D one is a bit so-so and I think they are actually dismantling it because it wasn't as good as hoped).

fantum

Post by fantum » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:21 pm

Not surprised with the trouble registering. I only really came back to SK to help out the Oz community, & it's easy enough to keep my team rolling along with minimal time devoted.

Just wondering if the attempt to register was around 1-2pm AEST, which is normally when site is down for daily updates. That might explain why no response as the SK admins may not have seen anything (if it just kicked out with what's actually an auto message)?

Anyway, there is a tight (small) community in Oz so if anybody fancies joining, we have the Nat Team setup, where we're trying to lift things and at least compete with other nations in international games.

I'd just welcome another starter, so somebody can join Achmid & I in stirring up the admin/devs as it really is like talking to Tweedledum & Tweedledee...so easy to wind them up & take the p155 (gotta have our fun somehow).

G - has it ever been floated to the SK devs/admin to unite Aus & NZ as one nation (Australasia could work).

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:29 am

fantum wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:21 pm
G - has it ever been floated to the SK devs/admin to unite Aus & NZ as one nation (Australasia could work).
Yeah has been floated multiple times, even when Australia had over 100 users and NZ about 20 or 30.

The devs have not (yet) merged any countries in the 15yrs. They have made new ones, and since the one big fail when they moved an existing team to one of the new nations, they have made it if you want to move to a new nation (because thats your home nation) you had to restart your team.

However they won't be making any new nations as about half the countries have less than 40 players, and about half of these have less than 12 (and it's pretty fair reasoning to be honest).

I'm just going to keep pushing the merged competition for small nations, but keeping your nationalities, as it will make the game even better for the small guys. Also hoping when they move to a 12 team league, that they have a division structure like FTP rather than the current 1, 4, 16 structure