International Scene on FTP

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
boscorp

Re: International Scene on FTP

Post by boscorp » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 am

Does it affect the value of players recruited in the first 5 weeks of each season with most tours in the later half of the season or does it balance out?
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:34 am

I have found the spread of players is greater with less players going on 3-4 tours
I can run a query for last 2-3 seasons to see what ages they are and work out what ages they were to see the actual spread
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Drewyface

Post by Drewyface » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:41 pm

Cyrus wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:41 am
The only problem I’ve run into was player’s not being released from tour quick enough to be able to swap and change the squad before the next tour selection was locked in, but only happened the once when there was a core squad i didn’t want to take the star off and a lot of the guys in and out were horses for courses but got around it, actually think that’s when I started my player list in our offsite, just to keep track of everyone.
Do I wish they would start earlier? Doesn’t really bug me either way, I have enough to keep me busy the first few weeks of the season.
Do I wish the are spaced out a bit better? Yeah, every week it felt like I was busy sorting Nat things out, either discussions over squad players, discussions of tour selection and even in the off week before the tour your trying to work out bowling plans for the first few games because you got shafted by the pitches you got dealt then your into the tour, a lot of managers probably don’t realise how much work goes into a single Nat tour let alone a full season or term and I can understand why a lot of former Nat managers don’t want to get involved anymore, it can take a lot out of you, I had a nightmare time trying to find an experienced manager to come on board and help bounce ideas off when a newish manager we gave a chance to went awol. In that way I’m kind of lucky, my kids are grown up and I’ve been off work for 18months with a bung knee and have trouble sleeping due to the pain so I get to spend a lot of time doing all that stuff, most of the other Nat managers don’t have that luxury, dealing with school or University, families ( and they should and need to come first at all times over what is at the end of the day, just a game) and full time work.
So whilst we debate what we can do to spark interest in the National scene and quiver over what week the tours should start, how about we take a minute to appreciate and applaud the job Nat managers are doing and have done in the past, even with all the free time I have it’s still a time consuming and tough gig, so from me to all of my counterparts both seniors and U20’s my hat’s off to you all, good job.
Great post, I like you Cyrus :thumbsup
Main: Team Systo (SCO) | Scottish Champions: SOD 1.1 (S33, S35, S36)
Affiliate: Chudley Cannons (SRI) | Sri Lankan Champions: SOD 1.1 (S44) | T20 1.1 (S45)
AUS NT MGR: S37-44| NAT Titles: T201.1 (S39, S43) SOD1.1 (S42)| SOD WC Title: (S43)| AUS NT ASST: S35-36 / 45-

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:22 am

Drewyface wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:41 pm
Cyrus wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:41 am
The only problem I’ve run into was player’s not being released from tour quick enough to be able to swap and change the squad before the next tour selection was locked in, but only happened the once when there was a core squad i didn’t want to take the star off and a lot of the guys in and out were horses for courses but got around it, actually think that’s when I started my player list in our offsite, just to keep track of everyone.
Do I wish they would start earlier? Doesn’t really bug me either way, I have enough to keep me busy the first few weeks of the season.
Do I wish the are spaced out a bit better? Yeah, every week it felt like I was busy sorting Nat things out, either discussions over squad players, discussions of tour selection and even in the off week before the tour your trying to work out bowling plans for the first few games because you got shafted by the pitches you got dealt then your into the tour, a lot of managers probably don’t realise how much work goes into a single Nat tour let alone a full season or term and I can understand why a lot of former Nat managers don’t want to get involved anymore, it can take a lot out of you, I had a nightmare time trying to find an experienced manager to come on board and help bounce ideas off when a newish manager we gave a chance to went awol. In that way I’m kind of lucky, my kids are grown up and I’ve been off work for 18months with a bung knee and have trouble sleeping due to the pain so I get to spend a lot of time doing all that stuff, most of the other Nat managers don’t have that luxury, dealing with school or University, families ( and they should and need to come first at all times over what is at the end of the day, just a game) and full time work.
So whilst we debate what we can do to spark interest in the National scene and quiver over what week the tours should start, how about we take a minute to appreciate and applaud the job Nat managers are doing and have done in the past, even with all the free time I have it’s still a time consuming and tough gig, so from me to all of my counterparts both seniors and U20’s my hat’s off to you all, good job.
Great post, I like you Cyrus :thumbsup
Cheers Drewy your not so bad yourself mate :hug
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And Donetouchme Balls