Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Open Forum (Ask GMs)

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:46 am

yes, basically the game removes fielding from the MR of both teams and comes up with the avg of the two, than it works out the pass mark (50%) for those rtgs. As a fielding check arises it compares the fielding of the fielder to the avg and adds/minuses their pass chance from there.
I was just talking to someone earlier saying that reli is barely a pass mark for U20s these days due to the increased rtgs.
We are looking at it as I think it is a touch too harsh. For the better senior games, legendary is only about 85% pass. Seems ridiculous to me that it isn't closer to 100 for the top level.
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

Penky

Post by Penky » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:50 am

Cheers, that does explain it :thumbsup

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:28 am

yes it is the baseline

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:30 am

kiwi2011 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:07 am
How bad does a players fatigue have to be to be at revived in a cup game having only
Played two cup games in previous weeks ? 30.7y/o player
Depends on how much he did in the game. Fatigue is made up of standard hit for everyone, balls bowled, balls faced, capt/wk penalty, weather

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:18 pm

Re. Youth Farms.
Before we start yes I run a youth farm and no I don’t do it to make squilions of dollars, just look at my bank balance.
Yes I make a bit at eos but it goes straight back into the game by buying one or two gun 16yo’s each season.
No I don’t do it to sit at the top of the youth rankings, although I have been towards the top end for a long time.
Yes I was one of if not the first to go down this track of a youth farm.
And no I do not and will not every regret having a youth farm because I do it for one reason and one reason only.
That reason, to produce as many top end players as I can, not just for my beloved Bermuda but across the board.
I, as a rule lose money on most of my players that I buy with my youth farm but I’m ok with that as like I said I just want to create the best 21yo’s and move them on.
Now I know there’s been a lot of talk about “penalising” youth farms to even out the youth league’s and I get that and what’s trying to be done.
My question is, in doing so how much effect will doing so have on top end NAT prospects going forward.
I love nothing more than seeing one of my prodigy reach senior NAT level and fear killing youth farms will reduce top end players.
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Cyrus wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:18 pm
My question is, in doing so how much effect will doing so have on top end NAT prospects going forward.
I love nothing more than seeing one of my prodigy reach senior NAT level and fear killing youth farms will reduce top end players.
Yet the top end players are being artificially inflated with youth farms and senior only teams, yes the standards maybe reduced slightly but all this will do is ensure managers who compete with both teams will have more players in the mix.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:47 pm

I think the depth of players may be diminished but not the top end quality
That us why the changes are taking a little bt of time as we work thru what possible effects they have
Also some of the changes will be levers we can start lower and work our way up to also ensure we don't go overboard
In the end a team like mine can still produce top end youth talent and compete at a decent senior level not to be classed as a youth farm
Senior farms are harder to penalise as the money made from youths in those situations is not as large

dhoni007

Post by dhoni007 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:32 pm

With the removal of the lower divisions from the Big Nations, is there a plan to open up team transfers to the Big 3 nations on the dev road map?
“You don’t win or lose the games because of the 11 you select. You win or lose with what those 11 do on the field.” –Rahul Dravid

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Yes it will be discussed as early as next week when I get back

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:24 am

Why would my squad list show 12 youth players, yet when I go to select a team for a youth match there are now only 10 are showing?

drag0on

Post by drag0on » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:28 am

How are leg byes calculate had 16 leg byes in my friendly :ninja

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:35 am

Both are at 20.14 yrs, so it seems they're about to be promoted and I'm guessing I recruited the 13th just before you checked my squad. :)
I actually missed that detail in the manual..... :oops:
Cheers,