Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
JarlOlaf

Re: Open Forum (Ask GMs)

Post by JarlOlaf » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:06 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:31 am
I think you will find it was auto-pruned, the setting is 90 days which was Sept 26th
I dont believe anyone would have deleted it prior to that
Oh! My apologies. I thought the auto-prune was set for a calendar year. My own fault then :thumbsup
Club Links
Pembina Norseman in New Zealand, Est. S45
Motbeorhfloden in West Indies, Est. S58

Raju007

Post by Raju007 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:06 am

Hi,
I want to know about how training works?For example if I have reasonable academy how many weeks it took from batting expert to outstanding? Is there any notes or calculator have it with you to circulate?
Cheers,
Raju

zestian

Post by zestian » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:49 am

Guys is the site down ??

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:25 am

sorry but everything was down for a little while
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:26 am

jv22 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:32 am
Just a quick query (in case I missed an announcement).

Has the quality of potential youth pull candidates been reduced?? I have followed a plan (for enjoyment) of training my own youth pulls. If it is now not possible to pull decent YPs at some type of regular interval, then this plan obviously will not work (survey period now 21 weeks). Looking at the quality of 16y0w on the transfer market may well support my thoughts of a reduced number of quality YPs being pulled. (Academy level is a constant at Superior).

Thanks in advance.
What do you rate as a decent youth pull? I haven't noticed a change with mine but mine is at reasonable. I think having a higher academy improves the chances of your youth having a talent or being gifted or even both.
If the quality has changed in general and most recruits are lower in skills then you will still mainain the advantages of a superior academy and be able to train your own recruits as normal and be competitive.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:27 am

I can also say that we have not made any changes to YR and wouldn't without notifying everyone first

casperj

Post by casperj » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:52 am

jv22 wrote:

Has the quality of potential youth pull candidates been reduced?? I have followed a plan (for enjoyment) of training my own youth pulls. If it is now not possible to pull decent YPs at some type of regular interval, then this plan obviously will not work (survey period now 21 weeks). Looking at the quality of 16y0w on the transfer market may well support my thoughts of a reduced number of quality YPs being pulled. (Academy level is a constant at Superior).

Thanks in advance.
The quality of youth pulls is very variable across time. My affilate has a Lavish academy (so 1 level above Superior). I went on a run of 3 seasons where I got 0 youth pulls who (with training) would be suitable for my first team. Across that time I only pulled 4/5 players who were good enough to even be 'jobbing' youth players (e.g. the sort you keep in your youth team but fire when they hit seniors).
In the last 2 seasons, with the academy at the same level, my 'luck' has suddenly changed. in these 2 seasons I've pulled 3-5 players who I think should make the first team (hard to tell on a few because they are early in their development) plus another 3 that are good enough to be jobbing youth players.

In terms of your plan, I think in the long term you should be OK, but you just have to accept periods of feast/famine. Despite having a Lavish academy + having bought in some players to fill the gaps left by the 'famine', my youth squad will be struggling to hit 100k rating at the end of the season, because I'll be at the point where the period of the '3 season famine' coincides with age ranges 18-20 in my youth team (where the strongest players should be). On the flip side in, 3 seasons time, when the recent pulls will be getting to 20 years old, I suspect the team will rate 130k plus!!

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:06 pm

Im still trying to work out how my scouts can identify a player as skilled in a particular element of the game but rate them as dreadful in the same discipline :lol:
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

casperj

Post by casperj » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:28 pm

jv22 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:45 am

Thanks for the great response.

It would appear that our approaches are similar. The 'famine' is certainly causing some concern with only two poor "jobbing" players in the last 14 weeks and this will drop ratings in the not two distant future (down to 16 youths). The idea of buying "jobbing players" to train for four seasons and then sack doesn't appeal either.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
Yeah, I've just decided to accept relegation from Div 2 youth one day, as my current squad is now so poor that I can't really hope to win another match this season. Going to concentrate the rest of the season giving experience to my good 16/17 year olds instead as they ultimately are the future. It's quite galling to have to spend money buying in youth players when you spend so much on an academy as well, however if you do have the time to search the TM then with some luck you can sometime pick up a bargain youth for <20k. Hopefully your luck will turn soon and you'll get a couple of beast youth pull in sucession!

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:10 pm

jv22 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
I've been HG for many years now, and nothing has changed from what I can tell. It appears to be the usual feast or famine, which is of course what you can expect from relying on youth pulls! Currently my main side is really struggling youth wise(Truly Dire) and I'd say division two senior wise will be my premier league for the current crop of players(If I'm lucky) and this will probably only be because of the experience I'm going to put into them. This isn't the first time this has happened, my current crop of seniors and those that have been recently retired were probably pushing division one standard but we never quite made it, yet those before them were really poor, such is the life of a HG manager, which I find is part of the fun.

Yet, my affiliate is at the other end of the scale quality wise, my youth side may be pushing the 150k mark by the end of the season and are full of real quality, and in fact is a bit of a problem for all the 16/17 year olds coming through, as they will be struggling to get games for a season or so. Yet, as I've said before it's swings and roundabouts for HG sides, as my affiliate have also had dire patches as well.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:18 am

It can help but not by that much
He is having some real luck currently which is the biggest factor