Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
TM-Cyrus
MOD

Re: Open Forum (Ask GMs)

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:38 am

The question was why?
Why can’t this aspect ( one of two aspects that we managers spend in game money on) be revealed,
The other being players which we see there stats, we see the players skills we see there spare ratings and see there overall summary there for we can make an informed decision with that information in hand to ascertain what value we put on them as to wether we purchase the player or not.
With the academy’s we don’t get any such information as to what value we put on each level as to ascertain what level at what price we wish to run, and being it is the single biggest investment we make each and every week I believe level percentages should be know.
I’ve given a fair and just reason as to why I think they should be revealed yet get no fair and just reason as to why they are not.
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:29 am

I follow Ash's lead on this and a lot of things, a little work and you will get your answer
Someone else who knows might share it but as current owner of FTP I won't.
90% of people who know, know because they took the time to work it out
I knew around the end of season 1 what most of it was because I took the time to work it out
I am not trying to be an arse or anything but I don't think everything should be handed to anyone
Certainly share the basics to help people get started and understand the game but leave some mystery for people to work out stuff for themselves.
Trust me start a post and ask people to post 1 player of the same age same trng in different academies and you will get a fair idea within a week or two
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:43 am

Like I said, I already know, but my point is it is one of two things that money is spent on the other being players which you can see through the information at hand what you get for your money, this you don’t.
I just believe as it is the single biggest investment each and every week that it should be transparent.
With everything in life you don’t just hand over money for anything unless you know what you are buying, getting for your money, this single aspect of the game that is what is being asked of managers spend money without knowing what your buying.
That’s the last thing I’ll say on it.
Carry on chaps :hug

smemac

Post by smemac » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 pm

I’m confused...if you already know, why do you want admin to reveal the answers? If you want the answers revealed to benefit everyone in the game then why would you not reveal what you already know?

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:22 pm

I also like some mystery to the game, it's fine as it is IMHO.

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Cricket fans generally fall between two categories.

1. The one who shows up with his pen or pencil, egg and onion sarnies in his bag and who sits taking copious notes while frowning sternly at,

2. The one who shows up with his his loud mates dressed a chicken and who proceeds to drink too much while paying half attention to what is going on in the middle.

While type one may be able to offer some insightful information to type two, type two generally is too pickled to fully benefit from it.

:D
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:06 am

smemac wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 pm
I’m confused...if you already know, why do you want admin to reveal the answers? If you want the answers revealed to benefit everyone in the game then why would you not reveal what you already know?
Simply because it’s not my place too.
Just believe as a major financial part of the game people should know what the pay for.
You wouldn’t buy a player off the TM if you couldn’t see what you were getting for your money would you.
Although that would spice up the game, if you could only see there ratings and wage....

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 am

With youth T20s starting at the same time as youth training, does a player take in the rating updates an pops into the game or do they take in there ratings from 30mins before when the orders are locked out?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:25 am

They take in what they were at the time the game is calculated about 25 mins before the start of the game

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:49 pm

With that in mind is there any plan to bring forward youth training by say an hour as so the training is done before the game?

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Cyrus wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:49 pm
With that in mind is there any plan to bring forward youth training by say an hour as so the training is done before the game?
Iifc it was set that way so some wouldn''t have to be online to lock in the orders close to game time.
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 pm

It is also the same for everyone
We would contemplate a change if one team had an advantage over another but that isn't the case here

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 pm

No problem thanks