Open Forum (Ask GMs)

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Open Forum (Ask GMs)

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:53 am

As much as women's sport has a greater focus we don't really have the space for a separate comp
We could look at have a check box if you wanted women's names as YR etc but anything else is a no go at the moment
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:15 am

wolfberries wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:37 pm
That would be a great idea but should be a separate part of the game, then I can ignore it like I do with the womens game in RL. Yet others might enjoy it.
I'm with you about the "ignoring it". Women's cricket here in Australia is definitely a professional sport now, but the skills are so much below the men I just can't get in to it (I have tried multiple times). I do however make sure to turn the TV on when they are playing, even if I'm not watching, just to help them get viewer numbers up, leading to more money, leading to more support and hopefully a better comp in the future.

When the fastest bowler to play is barely a medium pacer and bowling slower than the Aus WK, it means it's a completely different game, less based on making good decisions as reflexes and more about having time to making calculated decisions, and not getting that right (yet).

I do hope now they are professional though, over the next decade the skills improve as it filters down the levels and that I can enjoy it, especially as Australia has some of best female cricketers in the world at present. Some other male dominated sports have done similar (football, womens league etc.), it's just a shame the same has not been done in women dominated support (like netball where the Aus netball team, who has beaten the women, actually pay to register for the International comps).

I definitely agree this game can't handle another comp at this stage, but as someone else suggested, the best way to introduce women would just be to add the names to the names database. Hell, I don't care if all the male names were deleted (for a season or for good) and replaced by female names.

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 am

AchmidG wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:15 am
wolfberries wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:37 pm
That would be a great idea but should be a separate part of the game, then I can ignore it like I do with the womens game in RL. Yet others might enjoy it.
I'm with you about the "ignoring it". Women's cricket here in Australia is definitely a professional sport now, but the skills are so much below the men I just can't get in to it (I have tried multiple times). I do however make sure to turn the TV on when they are playing, even if I'm not watching, just to help them get viewer numbers up, leading to more money, leading to more support and hopefully a better comp in the future.

When the fastest bowler to play is barely a medium pacer and bowling slower than the Aus WK, it means it's a completely different game, less based on making good decisions as reflexes and more about having time to making calculated decisions, and not getting that right (yet).
I think it's great that more money is being pumped into womens cricket and in England we also have professional women cricketers. Yet as you say the ability level is way below that of the men's, I just can't make myself watch it.

Many club sides are now starting womens teams, the side I play for have started some girls sides. Long may it continue as the more women play the better the standard will be.

Yet I play hockey and will happily watch International womens games, I think it's because they have quality international sides due to womens Hockey being a global organised sport for a longtime.

Drewyface

Post by Drewyface » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 am

Cyrus wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:29 pm
Only asking as I’m a fan of all cricket and played at a very high level in both the outdoor version and indoor cricket and made some very good friendships with male, female and even cricketers with disabilities.
The other day I was going through some old photos and it started my mind ticking.
Has there or will there be any thought given to having a female aspect to the game in the form of a women’s One day and T20 comps and then further along international’s?
Women’s cricket has become so big and popular now, just a thought.
Who did you play indoor for mate?
Team Systo | SCO: SOD 1.1 x 5 | T20 1.1 x 2
Chudley Cannons | SRI: SOD 1.1 x 4 | T20 1.1 x 3 | MKMC: x 1 (S53)
Aust Nat: S35-52 | SOD 1.1 x 2 | T20 1.1 x 4 | SOD WC: x 1 (S43)

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:05 am

Drewyface wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 am
Cyrus wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:29 pm
Only asking as I’m a fan of all cricket and played at a very high level in both the outdoor version and indoor cricket and made some very good friendships with male, female and even cricketers with disabilities.
The other day I was going through some old photos and it started my mind ticking.
Has there or will there be any thought given to having a female aspect to the game in the form of a women’s One day and T20 comps and then further along international’s?
Women’s cricket has become so big and popular now, just a thought.
Who did you play indoor for mate?
Frankston Sharks and made U19’s for Victoria a long time ago
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Not sure if this has been asked yet but couldn’t find it if it has, and if so my apologies
But now ages are in weeks, is the training effect the same through out a players year or does it change week to week.
Eg. Decline in a players skill @ 30.0 is the same as the decline @ 30.7 or does it slightly change each week they get older?
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:44 am

The while trng program is driven of the age in years so in the db we have 2 columns so the game can continue to run trng and plops etc the same way it always has

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Not sure how easy this information is for you guys to get hold of, but if it's easy enough...

How many youths pull got recruited last week?

Moreover, could you provide a breakdown of nationality?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:57 pm

TopManager wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:47 pm
Not sure how easy this information is for you guys to get hold of, but if it's easy enough...

Why just last week?

TopManager

Post by TopManager » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:29 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:57 pm
TopManager wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Why just last week?
It can be any time period, I just thought last week would be a random sample.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:48 am

Australia 69
England 36
India 47
New Zealand 32
Pakistan 21
South Africa 27
West Indies 33
Sri Lanka 21
Bangladesh 25
Zimbabwe 32
Canada 23
USA 24
Kenya 21
Scotland 30
Ireland 32
UAE 21
Bermuda 30
Netherlands 26

That is last week that have not been fired

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am

When is the WC draw due?
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:46 am

Very Soon

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:17 am

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:46 am
Very Soon
Drum rolls..... :)
Scotland Assistant Yo!!!

wolfberries

Post by wolfberries » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:00 pm

GM-crowfan65 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:46 am
Very Soon
Do you know the current age of players that will be available for the WC?

Cheers