Transgressions and accounts activity

General gameplay questions can be posted here.
TM-Cyrus
MOD

Transgressions and accounts activity

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:48 am

Any and all discussions regarding the monthly list are to be post in this thread.
Anything outside of this thread will be either moved here or deleted.
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

starris

Re: Transgressions and accounts activity

Post by starris » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:15 pm

Great job Cyrus.

Just a question... is $1M enough of a deterrent for having multiple accounts?

How much do they generally have stockpiled there?
The Slack Caps Image Season: 36-42 Division 1.1 Youth Champions
The Lynch Ninjas Image Season: 36-38, 43-46 Division 1.1 Youth Champions

DanielVettoriSpin

Post by DanielVettoriSpin » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:22 pm

Hmmm. On starris' concern, off the top of my head, would a percentage fine of total cash funds be more appropriate?

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:03 pm

DanielVettoriSpin wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:22 pm
Hmmm. On starris' concern, off the top of my head, would a percentage fine of total cash funds be more appropriate?
In a round about way it is, I’m not going to fine a team $5,000,000 that only has $100k in the bank, using my own discretion and in consolation with the big boss, the fine is there to hurt a team and push them backwards without pushing them out the door.

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:04 pm

starris wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:15 pm
Great job Cyrus.

My apologies, the fine amount was $5mil. It has been amended in the news post. Simple typo while trying to do a few things at once.
And yes if they had $20mil stockpiled then the fine would be higher.
Fines are there to hurt and punish a team without completely driving them from the game. If I wanted to do that then I would just close both accounts.
If this player had indeed tried to transfer between teams on top of running multiple teams then it would of been an automatic closure of both accounts and a ban of anywhere between 3 months and 1 year.

Of course as always leniency would be considered for anyone who wishes to save me time and work by handing them selves in, because I will get to you eventually, just like this one who had been running multiple teams for some time before being sniffed out by the Bloodhund

Muff

Post by Muff » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 pm

TM-Cyrus wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:03 pm
DanielVettoriSpin wrote:
In a round about way it is, I’m not going to fine a team $5,000,000 that only has $100k in the bank, using my own discretion and in consolation with the big boss, the fine is there to hurt a team and push them backwards without pushing them out the door.
Would it just be as easy to say, any team convicted of TM cheating gets reset to 250k regardless of how much they had accrued unless they had less than 250k
Image Realism Ravens - PokeMod Champion & The Quadfather Season 52
Pavilion Cup Champions Season 17
NZ SOD 1.1 Titles x 9 NZ T20 1.1 Titles x 5 NZ YOD 1.1 Titles x 8 NZ YT20 1.1 Titles x 2

starris

Post by starris » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:36 pm

TM-Cyrus wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:04 pm
starris wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:15 pm
Great job Cyrus.

My apologies, the fine amount was $5mil. It has been amended in the news post. Simple typo while trying to do a few things at once.
And yes if they had $20mil stockpiled then the fine would be higher.
Fines are there to hurt and punish a team without completely driving them from the game. If I wanted to do that then I would just close both accounts.
If this player had indeed tried to transfer between teams on top of running multiple teams then it would of been an automatic closure of both accounts and a ban of anywhere between 3 months and 1 year.

Of course as always leniency would be considered for anyone who wishes to save me time and work by handing them selves in, because I will get to you eventually, just like this one who had been running multiple teams for some time before being sniffed out by the Bloodhund
Thanks that seems fair.

And I guess it depends on the level of the offence... some will be worse than others so will attract a larger penalty which is fair.
The Slack Caps Image Season: 36-42 Division 1.1 Youth Champions
The Lynch Ninjas Image Season: 36-38, 43-46 Division 1.1 Youth Champions

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:42 pm

Muff wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 pm
TM-Cyrus wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:03 pm
DanielVettoriSpin wrote:
Would it just be as easy to say, any team convicted of TM cheating gets reset to 250k regardless of how much they had accrued unless they had less than 250k
Depending on the player that could work, but if they have a team of high skilled players they only need sell one or two to build a bank again, I go through everything before making a decision on the fine, I take into account the squad they have, financial records as in how much they are making each week, so if they are making 100k a week by doing nothing then pushing them back to 250 hurts but not enough because they can make over 1.5mil a season, a lot of thought and factors go into the fine amounts

Philly

Post by Philly » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:05 am

Sounds fair and balanced to me. I assume you have some sort of formula (that could get refined) to apply to future cases, to avoid perceptions of (un)favourable treatment.
Zimbabwe YOD Champions Season 17
Zimbabwe T20 Champions Season 23
Zimbabwe T20 Champions Season 25

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:10 am

Philly wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:05 am
Sounds fair and balanced to me. I assume you have some sort of formula (that could get refined) to apply to future cases, to avoid perceptions of (un)favourable treatment.
We do have a general formula we use but it is coupled with my own discretion, as in once I’ve caught you out, the harder you want to make it, and the harder you make me work to resolve the issue then the more I will come down on you.
So the best thing anyone can do is hand themselves in and leniency will be shown, or once caught wave the white flag immediately and the punishment will be somewhere around the baseline of the scale, depending on the severity of the crime of course ( don’t ask as it won’t be made public), the more you want to fight it and hide thinking you might get away with it or I will simply give up ( which I can assure you I won’t) the harsher the penalty will be, just like the last manager who thought reading and ignoring the mail I kept sending him for over a month hopefully thinking I would just go away, he found out the hard way that when a bloodhound has your scent, he will just keep tracking you.

CraigFisher

Post by CraigFisher » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:30 pm

I have only been playing since the start of the year, but the rules of the game are quite clear. I am completely in support of naming offenders who don't own up to their cheating beforehand, im sure it takes Cyrus a lot of work to track them down so why are we talking about treating them with kid gloves in this respect?

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:50 pm

Because it encourages bullying and we are better than that. We don't need to know the managers and teams whom did it, by name. What are you gonna do, hunt down their IP and dox them?
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

CraigFisher

Post by CraigFisher » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:57 am

Nice of you to leap to that conclusion Cynic, in fact your groundless supposition could be described as a form of bullying. Anyone actually "Bullied" would have the recourse of reporting it to the Mods. I'm sure the Mods would be able to deal with that a lot easier then trying to find the cheats to begin with.

boscorp

Post by boscorp » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:39 am

Why else would you want to name and shame?
Do you mean the club name or the managers alias?
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current