The "How to Train?" topic (part 2)

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: The "How to Train?" topic (part 2)

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Without a trng talent I would be making him a bowler who can bat a bit avg/reas
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet
Image Current Aust U20 Manager
GarageTM Foundation Member

Tdk1023

Post by Tdk1023 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 pm

darkmatter wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:17 pm

Shame about the waste in keeping, he's a pretty good player. Nice experience and not bad captaincy as well, just good overall.

Personally I'd be pushing that fielding up to capable and then going bowler all out until 19ish and reassess. I know he lacks the direct talent, but gifted power will mean you can probably spend a bit longer on bowling, which will help in the long run.

He also is a bit short on spares (1810 if I counted correctly?) and the skill summary doesn't really tell you too much, but the wage may suggest a lowish reasonable, probably best to go all in.

I should AR is certainly viable, and if you don't like mediums bowlers without some form of active talent, then AR training after capable bowling until 19ish wouldn't hurt, a few batting pops is hardly a bad thing.

As with all my comments, I would recommend waiting for a second opinion :lol:
Thanks! It's pretty much what I thought. Think he probably has a bit of SR in batting, so may go for a bit of AR training after fielding.
Should be a solid #8.
Got a deluxe academy so hopefully he can turn into a decent medium pacer.

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Tdk1023 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 pm
darkmatter wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:17 pm

Shame about the waste in keeping, he's a pretty good player. Nice experience and not bad captaincy as well, just good overall.

Personally I'd be pushing that fielding up to capable and then going bowler all out until 19ish and reassess. I know he lacks the direct talent, but gifted power will mean you can probably spend a bit longer on bowling, which will help in the long run.

He also is a bit short on spares (1810 if I counted correctly?) and the skill summary doesn't really tell you too much, but the wage may suggest a lowish reasonable, probably best to go all in.

I should AR is certainly viable, and if you don't like mediums bowlers without some form of active talent, then AR training after capable bowling until 19ish wouldn't hurt, a few batting pops is hardly a bad thing.

As with all my comments, I would recommend waiting for a second opinion :lol:
Thanks! It's pretty much what I thought. Think he probably has a bit of SR in batting, so may go for a bit of AR training after fielding.
Should be a solid #8.
Got a deluxe academy so hopefully he can turn into a decent medium pacer.
In a deluxe regardless of country he's gonna have a good chance of making youth nats with those starting stats, and probably gives you more justification for a couple of AR pops. Congrats again!
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 div 1)