Pitch Selection

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
Cynic

Re: Pitch Selection

Post by Cynic » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:45 am

I don't know how much I want to divulge because I expect to get my butt kicked anyway. That being said ...

Epic Fail Mungo's Deformed Dwarves
Batting - Top Order 5,323 4,518
Batting - Middle Order 4,678 4,536
Batting - Tail 3,907 3,060
Bowling - Seam 6,115 (16) 5,585 (8)
Bowling - Spin 5,945 (24) 4,948 (32)
Fielding/Keeping 6,696 5,849
Overall 101,883 88,323

I bowl a RM/RF/RWS/RWS/LWS combo on a good day. An ave/reas 17yo brings down the spinner group, though.

All of them are pure bowlers (one with reasonable batting but that is not AR grade to me). I don't think dry pitch is going to cut it anymore so need some ideas, please.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

Cynic

Re: Pitch Selection

Post by Cynic » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:45 am

Smiddie wrote:crumbling.
Even with ordinary-average batsmen can make a good score runs at youth lvl.
Your F bowler will receive a bonus rather then a penalty compared to a dry. While your spinners are still receiving a good bonus.
I think 3 wrist spinners are to much though, i would look to get rid of one of your RWS for a LFS if you can.
Otherwise Crumbling would still be good IMO.
Who knows 3 wrist spinners on Crumbling might be awesome with a F bowler who can also be a wicket taker.

Either that or Flat if you think batting depth will became a problem. I like F bowlers and wrist spinners on Flat wickets but i think mediums are bad.
I occasionally get the feeling that I have too many wrist spinners but somehow my spinner stock is otherwise completely dry.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.