Find a Mentor

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
drag0on

Re: Find a Mentor

Post by drag0on » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:09 pm

jaffabowl wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:22 am
Just getting started with this game and seems like there's loads to learn. Would any of you experienced folks like to mentor me? :)
messaged in game

montyh

Post by montyh » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:45 am

Hi

The links are a constant battle, particularly if they take you to an external site. Difficult to manage, but sorry for the confusion. The New Players section of the forum is absolutely the right place, welcome to the game!

Ultimately, you need to ask yourself what’s your version of ‘success’. Everyone plays the game differently and has different objectives and targets. Might be worth having a think about.

Regardless of your goals, the first thing is to get both of your sides competitive. This usually means needing to use the Transfer Market to upgrade your squad, whilst being careful not too spend too much on fees / wages. Starting out your revenue is smaller, so don’t break the bank. Without competitive sides you won’t attract fans, or win prize money - both of which will allow you to afford higher quality players (whether that be homegrown, purchased, Young/old, senior or youths).

The early days are also a great opportunity to experiment on your orders and tactics. Make sure your exploring the conditions and player skills. This will help inform your search for new talent.

I’ll drop you an in game message so you can ask away if you have any questions. Otherwise, plenty of help on here!

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:23 am

Hey mate, welcome back. I remember you from the early days, I think we started at similar times in Australia.

You don't make money from friendlies but they are always good to try out things
I don't have time to help but I am sure someone will drop by shortly to volunteer
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:19 am

Rimmer wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 am
Hi
New to the game (sort of). Played a long time ago got to no1 in the world (on rankings my team was not the best) and gave up due to time. I have forgotten a lot but mostly i want some friendly games (for cash i think you earn money from them). I had one very good Kenyan player how can i check their history
Hello again!

Maybe have a click through some of the earlier seasons if they played for the nat side, you might find them that way? https://www.fromthepavilion.org/natteam ... eamId=3013
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 1.1)(s46 SOD 1.1

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:45 am

If you go to the stats for kenya and select all seasons you might find his name as long as no-one changed it if you sold them.
If it helps you were around from start of season 3 to virtually end of season 21
team 19 is your old team
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

TM-Cyrus
MOD

Post by TM-Cyrus » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi all, I’m available to help anyone who needs a leg up, I come with only one condition in that you become a Bermudan supporter and help us out buy pulling Bermudan if you have membership, I know this sounds like a bit of blackmail to some and to you I say, you are 100% correct 8) we are a very small nation in terms of number of managers who support us ( check the Bermudan section and post here viewtopic.php?f=63&t=39430 for proof of that) and we need all the help we can get.
But seriously I’ve been at the pointy end of the rankings in youths for a long time and also had success in senior leagues as well along with a lot of national experience so if anyone needs a hand I’m more than happy to help just send me an in game PM and I will be happy to help where I can.
Cheers :party
Last edited by TM-Cyrus on Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Current Bermudan National Manager, Bermudan U19 Manager WC Champions S20
Manager of Schweedy Balls And The Bloodhounds
Bloodhound of the Transfer Market.

Turbz

Post by Turbz » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:52 am

BasedGod wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:48 am
Joined back up again after a rather long hiatus.

Could use a bit of help from a mentor if someone is available.
I have sent you an in-game message

PoweRrr

Post by PoweRrr » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 am

I need help, msg me in-game, please.
Manager of Indian Tigers

montyh

Post by montyh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:22 am

PoweRrr wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 am
I need help, msg me in-game, please.
I've dropped you a message. Welcome to the game!