Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:35 am

Stallon1999 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 am
My another question is I have 17 senior players and 22 youth players is it ok!
I have only 12 seniors, 14-15 is about the right level to compete in both senior comps

And I guess with the new YT20 starting next season a similar number for youths plus a couple of development 16yo is more than enough

Be aware that the manual hasn't been updated yet but the youths include 20yo from next season so your current 19yo will not promote as they have in the past
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

montyh

Post by montyh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Stallon1999 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 am
Hey guys, I revealed my all players skill can you guys tell me which player are good or which player are bad and can you tell me which training is suitable for which players? and I have my final question here where to invest in youth and senior academy because the button in western academy is not visible on my page as I am a visually challenged person it is so difficult to find the button invest in the academy can you help me to find the button invest in academy because I cannot find the button.
you might want to find yourself a mentor to give you a hand, plenty of questions in there

Rule of thumb - train everyone in fielding until at least reasonable, at your level.

then decide how you want to approach the game and what your strategy will be. Focus on youths and nurture some talents? Sacrifice a youth team and put all your resources into your seniors? you should be able to dramatically improve your team (senior & youth) via the transfer market, just make sure you don't over stretch yourself on wages and keep your squad pretty trim.

Re academies - everything is on the acadamy page. I wouldn't look to invest too much into either seniors/youths initially. How much you do depends on what your strategy is...

Kaushik

Post by Kaushik » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:45 am

Its generally accepted that if batting/bowling is higher than tech it affects the players performance. Does skilled batting/bowling also included in that.

For example will a reliable/reliable batsman with a skilled batting does worse than the one with no talent?

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:12 am

Not so sure about that first statement, most players have higher bat/bowl then tech
If the gap is large than yes you will see a drop off but it is about balance, getting the right balance on a player to make the perform
In some case it will be higher bat and strength then tech
or higher tech and strength then batting
It is how you see a player being fit for purpose for his role you want him to play inc talents

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:13 am

need a little help about signature...about adding flags
Image Riddlers
Image Howard Ducks

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:34 am

Maximus wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:13 am
need a little help about signature...about adding flags
You can copy the link location by right-clicking the flag icon. Copypaste between img tags.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:43 am

If you find the flag next to a player in your squad and any other squad, right click and select copy image location or similar
If you paste it somewhere it should be something like this

Code: Select all

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/resources/images/nat/aus.png
and then encase it in the img tags (the little picture above the panel here) so you end up with this

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.fromthepavilion.org/resources/images/nat/aus.png[/img]
And you should see this

Make sure at the bottom of the page the Disable BBCode check box is unchecked