Quick Questions V4

New to the game? This is the forum for you. In this forum there is no such thing as a silly question :), although please make sure to browse through the game manual before posting.
boscorp

Re: Quick Questions V4

Post by boscorp » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:16 am

Madcarrot wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:55 am
How much difference does aggression actually make?

I find that rarely my A batsmen have the highest SR, same with my bowlers sometime my D bowlers get all the wickets and my A bowlers have the lowest ER.

How is is calculated? For example I picture an A batsman having say 10% higher SR but also 10% more likely to get out? Does it work like that or is there something else to it?
It can make a good difference but more often has little to no impact. the oppositions tactics, skills of the players involved and experience of the player help determine if your man will get the chance to follow your instruction and then the "random dice" will decide if the opportunity will apply to that delivery.
I use the tactics on some batsmen and bowlers and its frustrating mostly yet very satisfying on the odd occasions that they pay off.
South Africa U19 Manager seasons 38-41.
Boscorp Cross season 14 - current

GM-crowfan65
CAPT

Post by GM-crowfan65 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:38 am

yeah, it is here
We will add it to the game manual in the near future
Master Crowfan of the Blessed Spreadsheet

GarageTM Foundation Member

TheWizard

Post by TheWizard » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:36 pm

At a guess, I think that what your describing might have been the opening post in the "How to Train" thread, but it appears part 1 is no longer available.
Image Kenya National Manager S25-27 & S40-43, Kenya U19 National Manager S28-30
Image World Cup Winning Manager S27
Image TheWizard's XI - S52, S53, S55 & S56 SOD 1.1 Champion, S53 & S54 T20 1.1 Champion

Cynic

Post by Cynic » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:22 pm

It comes with the EOS updates. In all best case scenarios those are finished during the weekend before the financial update.
Yellow Comet The Hybrid Dolphins
My post count remains my greatest achievement in this world.

casperj

Post by casperj » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:26 am

You need to do some trading on your senior team to improve performances. All your senior players that are 25 and over are no good, even for a new team. I'd concentrate on replacing them with players from the transfer market who are 25+. Look for players with a primary skill between accomplished and outstanding and with fielding and tech at a similar level. Those players should be reasonably cheap to buy, and hopefuly won't bust your wage bill. If they are 25-28, you should be able to get a 3/4 seasons of usage out ofthem, by which time your youths will have developed enough to replace them.

The key when you start is to try and gather together a small first team squad that will compete in your senior leagues without busting your wage bill. If you try to compete in the TM on quality senior players (primary skill spectacular - World Class) you'll end up spending loads and not being able to sustain the wage bill. You need to aim for very cheap players who can still 'do a job' in your team's division.

casperj

Post by casperj » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:11 pm

jv22 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:54 am
I have been trying to purchase 21yo's 39,000+ (rating), fielding (capable +), experience (passable +) and power (ordinary +) with corresponding primaries. so far I have 2 in the last 4 weeks :). I have invested in my senior academy but my youth academy is much higher.

So this is my dilemma. Why buy "25+ accomplished - outstanding" (who will train slowly) rather than buy "32yo" guns ($1k) on Tuesday morning and sack them on the following Monday? I am probably missing something (confused).

Thanks again casperj
You can try and buy good 21 year olds, that's a fair method. It just means the squad will take longer to get results, and the purchases will be possibly slightly more expensive. On the other hand you can keep and develop the players for longer. I'd prefer to go the 25-28 year old route, to get the results coming in quicker - and therefore the increase in fans (and prize money), which can then support improving your academies etc, but your way isn't necessarily wrong.

I'd be wary of investing in both senior and youth academies at the start. if you're buying 21 year olds, makes more sense to focus on the sernior academy, If you are focussing on youth academy, then you need to be buying 16 year olds to train, not 21 year olds.

32 year olds will have high wages, if you are going to sack them after a week not sure what the point wouldbe as you want a team that performs throught the whole season. Buying 32 year olds for one week is just when people want to win an individual match - not sure that would be worth it for you.

dwapar

Post by dwapar » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:17 pm

What must be the minimum fielding for my U20 player .I am not really buy player from Transfer market .

My Youth Academy is Luxurious and Senior Academy is Meagre for now (will improve after 3-4 season),Since I don't buy player from Transfer market ,so I will promote my U20 player to senior team once he is 21 .