Canada U20 - Team News and Discussions s46-47

A place for players in Canada to communicate.
Nic

Canada U20 - Team News and Discussions s46-47

Post by Nic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:28 am

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who showed support and voted for me!

This thread will be used by myself and my management team to discuss and announce any team news and match results regarding the U20 side. Feel free to also post anything to do with the U20 side.

I would like to thank all managers who currently have players currently selected.
Over this last week, I have been and will still be re-shaping the squad, in line with our goals for the next 2 seasons.

We are currently in Div 3 for both formats, and the goal for this season is to promote to Div 2 in both formats and hopefully to qualify for the T/20 WC, which might be a tough ask, but we will be putting our all into attempting to make this happen.

In terms of the future, we will be reaching out to managers to discuss the potential of younger players, looking to build a strong foundation for the squad in the future.

Next, I'd like to thank my assistants for coming on board, and with that, I'd like to announce that my first assistant for the next 2 seasons will be Ukbwleague. With a wealth of knowledge of the game and having been around the nat scene for a while, it will be invaluable to have him on board as someone to help guide myself and the U20 side through the next 2 seasons.

Next we have Statto78. Being the previous manager and working alongside him for the past 6-8, we have definitely learned a whole lot from each other, won 2 world cups together, and hopefully together bring more success in the coming seasons.

Finally, my third assistant will be Pepsangels. His knowledge and experience of the game will be invaluable to the setup and to the future success of the side.

Looking forward to having a solid next 2 seasons! :D
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Re: Canada U20 - Team News and Discussions s46-47

Post by Nic » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:28 am

The First Tour of the season is right around the corner, with UAE winning the bid and selecting Slow, Green, and Crumbling pitches.

Thank you to all managers for providing Canada with such great talents to choose from!

The squad has been selected and finalised, as follows:

Batters:
Jarrett Roy (Rhino Gladiators) **
Kody Sutherland (Gold and Perfect)
Nathen Dickson (Watford 09)
Jacoby Fair (Statto's Selection)
William Maynard (Inuitowinit)
Fredrick Weiss (Six Appeal) **
Reginald Nelson (Cypress Creek)

Keepers:
Connor McDavid (Ayatollah of Rockenrollah)**
Grant Harris (Brooklyn Butchers) **

Bowlers:
Caden Curtis (Naruto Warriors) **
Kade Hodge (Lynch Ninjas)
Braeden Horton (Stats Galore) **
Travis Mayweather (Enterprise) **
Triston Rangel (Exiles) **
Tyrell Wilkinson (Six Appeal) **
Danny Dodson (The Royal Zest) **
Sterling Madison (The Rampaging Rhinos) **
Pranav Mclean (Watford 09) **

(**) - Debutants.

We've been provided with 2 Green, 2 Slow, and a Crumbling pitch.

For any questions regarding your selected player, feel free to message me or my assistants.

Here's hoping for a great tour!
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:15 am

The first game of the tour has been completed, and I must say well fought by the lads. Bringing it home by 5 wickets in what was a solid bowling performance, backed by the batting to bring it home.

Special mentions to Dodson and Hodge, with figures of 3/36 and 3/41 respectively, and all batters held their end

On to the next game, hoping to make it 2 from 2.
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:59 pm

The second game is done, and the second win secured! Well done to the lads, hard-fought, and definitely well deserved.

A win by 70 runs puts our NRR in a good position and with results falling in line, we are at the top on our own. Here's hoping to continue this fine form into the rest of the week and take home the title!

Special mentions to Kody Sutherland with 136 on the board, William Maynard with 60, and pick of the bowlers, Braeden Horton with 6/43 of 8.5. Everyone played their part, but these lads stood out and lead the rest of the team to an outstanding victory!

Next, we face UAE who won a tight one in game 2, hoping we can add another win!
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:15 am

Game 3, not what we planned for. The boys fought hard and didn't get the win, but we keep our heads high for the next one.

Special mention to Nathen Dickson, outstanding with the bat getting 75.

We drop to 2nd, but our NRR is still solid compared to the rest of the pack.

On to tomorrow where we face Ireland, hoping to bring back the winning form and take this tour home.
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Game 4, what a roller coaster I must say! Now that was a win to write home about, falling short early, only to build a solid partnership and reclaim the innings.

35 run win keeping the NRR solid and keeping us top with the Netherlands.
Big mentions to the captain Jacoby Fair and William Maynard, both in when in dire straights and saving the innings with a marvelous batting display. Earning themselves 88 and 65 respectively, for a partnership of 152 off 188.

The Bowlers held their end and finished the job, with a special mention to Triston Rangel, taking two early vital wickets, and finishing with 3/32 off 8 overs.

The last day pits us against the Dutch, we both sit top on even points. We win we promote, simple as that!

On to tomorrow, where the boys take home the title!
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:12 pm

And that's a wrap for the tour! It's on this day we can say that the man upstairs was looking out for us.

Unfortunate to lose the game, after bowling well, our batters couldn't handle the heat. Braeden Horton once again shining with the ball, taking 4 wickets.

It all came down to NRR and 3 overs between going up or failing, with UAE falling short to our pleasure!

I'd like to thank all managers who had a player on tour, and also for all the support of my assistants.

That's one tour done, one goal ticked off.

Now onto the next one!
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:50 am

Next tour of the season coming up with squads selected and pitches set. We won the bid and selected the following pitches. Uneven, Green, and Hard.

We were provided 4 Greens and an Uneven, not upset with that at all, as our selected bowlers can handle it.

Again, thank you to all managers who have a player selected!

Selected Team:

Batting:
Jarrett Roy (Rhino Gladiators)
Jacoby Fair (Statto's Selection)
William Maynard (Inuitowinit)
Fredrick Weiss (Six Appeal)
Reginald Nelson (Cypress Creek)
Jonathon Archer (Enterprise)
Darius Barton (Dead Man 11) **

Keeping:
Connor McDavid (Ayatollah of Rockenrollah)
Grant Harris (Brooklyn Butchers)

Bowling:
Caden Curtis (Naruto Warriors)
Kade Hodge (Lynch Ninjas)
Erik Duran (Gold and Perfect) **
Travis Mayweather (Enterprise)
Triston Rangel (Exiles)
Danny Dodson (The Royal Zest)
Dawson Shirley (The Royal Zest) **
Pranav Mclean (Watford 09)
Brenton Sinclair (Gingernuts)

** = Debutants

For any questions regarding your selected player, feel free to message me or my assistants.

Here's hoping for a great tour and some more success! :party
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:56 pm

The first game is done, with a bittersweet ending!

Special mentions to Mcdavid and Nelson who saved the innings with their batting displays to lead us to some tournament points, but the bitter of it all being the fact we dropped 4 catches in the innings. 1 of which coming in the last over, leading the US to another 6 runs. Made a big difference in the end, so a shame not to walk away with the win.

Another Green pitch tomorrow against Kenya who won their first game, so hopefully the boys can step up and take the dub!
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:38 am

Game 2 done and a good win by the lads!

Fair and Weiss with a solid start, leading us to a solid inning and something good to bowl too. Bowlers kept it tight enough to bring it home, but fielding still a worry with misfields and drop catches occurring once again.

Tomorrow we face Zimbabwe, hoping to take the win and put ourselves in a solid position to promote!
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:13 am

Game 3 done and dusted, and another close win for the lads!

Barton a special mention for his solid innings of 60, leading us to a good total, and something we were able to defend despite how close the game ended up being.

Fielding is still a slight worry, with misfields and drop catches and occurrence throughout the tour so far!

On to Bermuda tomorrow, hoping for another win to secure promotion. Bring it home lads!
U20 Canada Nat Manager

Nic

Post by Nic » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:13 am

Apologies for not having a game 4 report, but the boys took it home in another close one!

Then on to game 5, a very important game. We had to win or tie to promote due to Pakistan beating the US on matchday 4.

The boys came out firing with another solid inning posting a defendable 147, which was around what we had been doing all week. A special mention to Maynard, posting a 75* and continuing his heroics throughout the tour. He ended up with no average.

If I had to describe the bowling in one word... "Stupendous". What an effort by the boys, everyone doing their part and taking wickets when needed. Special mention to Duran taking 3/16. Fielding could have been slightly better with 2 drop catches in the innings, but some great fielding would eventually lead to taking the win comfortably.

Firstly, I'd like to thank all the boys and the supporters of this great country! The lads did everyone proudly!

To all managers who had a player selected, thank you very much!

On to the next one day tour, where we face the challenge of Division 2.

More team announcements to come shortly!
U20 Canada Nat Manager