NT Team Thread

spark

Re: NT Team Thread

Post by spark » Sun May 03, 2020 10:46 am

I'll post the squad for the next tour when I get over the pitches we've got (I guess that should read pitch we've got rather than pitches as they're all the same). :doh
Manager of Ruff Royals. Image USA National Assistant. Winner of England Youth One Day 1.1: S27 & S40. Winner of England Youth T20 1.1: S53 & 54. Winner of England Senior One Day 1.1: S51 & 52. Winner of England T20 1.1: S51.

spark

Post by spark » Sun May 03, 2020 11:57 am

Batsmen
Francis Graves (rogue mercenaries)
Brad Kirk (Ruff Royals)
Roberto Ellison (Central Coast Wombats)
Johnny Richardson (Central Coast Wombats)
Fred Shields (Mad1314)
Walter Wood (Tempest)

Keepers
Alfredo Bowers (Ruff Royals)
Nicholas Todd (Tamilan)
Jim Harvey (Philly All Blacks)

Bowlers
Karl Estrada (Hammertown)
Seth Garcia (Allmänna Idrottsklubben)
Miguel Pugh (Kings XI Behala)
Clinton Gallegos (Mohammedan Sports Club)
Benjamin Miller (Tempest)
Leonard Faried (SteamTeam)
Jeffrey Vaughn (Cudley Cannons)
Robert Barnes (Blacken My Thumb)
Danny Hernandez (Minor Mashervania)

Pitches
Dry
Dry
Dry
Dry
Dry
Manager of Ruff Royals. Image USA National Assistant. Winner of England Youth One Day 1.1: S27 & S40. Winner of England Youth T20 1.1: S53 & 54. Winner of England Senior One Day 1.1: S51 & 52. Winner of England T20 1.1: S51.

Philly

Post by Philly » Sun May 03, 2020 12:27 pm

A 1 in 411 chance. Are we cursed?
Zimbabwe YOD Champions Season 17
Zimbabwe T20 Champions Season 23
Zimbabwe T20 Champions Season 25

Philly

Post by Philly » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:21 pm

So, for those who might have missed the T20 tour this week, things went rather nicely.

Last season, we promoted to Division 2 and next season we'll be playing in Division 1. :o

Despite being out ranked in all 5 matches, we only failed to win all 5 games because Scotland scored a ridiculous number of runs in their last over to tie that game.

In addition to playing in Division 1, this means we're almost certain to qualify for the T20 World Cup at the end of next season. N.B. We haven't qualified for any WC tournament since season 37 (which we won match 4404271).

Time to celebrate (and try to work out why things went so well). :party

Ippyluver

Post by Ippyluver » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Philly wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:21 pm
So, for those who might have missed the T20 tour this week, things went rather nicely.

Last season, we promoted to Division 2 and next season we'll be playing in Division 1. :o

Despite being out ranked in all 5 matches, we only failed to win all 5 games because Scotland scored a ridiculous number of runs in their last over to tie that game.

In addition to playing in Division 1, this means we're almost certain to qualify for the T20 World Cup at the end of next season. N.B. We haven't qualified for any WC tournament since season 37 (which we won match 4404271).

Time to celebrate (and try to work out why things went so well). :party
just realised i put my upbeat message in the wrong thread lol

a super tour and puts us in a lovely position for the next 2 tours at least
ImageI LUV IPSWICH Image

spark

Post by spark » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:21 pm

So this is the squad for the final senior tour of the season. Let's see if we can bring our T20 form into the one day format and find a way to promote to division 2.

Batsmen
Fred Shields (Mad1314)
Walter Wood (Tempest)
Eric Beasley (Allmänna Idrottsklubben)
Matthew Simpson (Rusterren)
George Stevenson (Minor Mashervania)

Keepers
Nicholas Todd (Tamilan)

Bowlers
Miguel Pugh (Kings XI Behala)
Ronald Fletcher (rogue mercenaries)
Patrick Hilton (Nimeämätön XI)
Joshua Brennan (Telangana Chargers)
Karl Estrada (Hammertown)
Jeffrey Vaughn (Cudley Cannons)
Oscar Horton (waldos jnrs)

Pitches
Hard
Uneven
Uneven
Hard

bura

Post by bura » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:12 am

Wow! I was not expecting to win the election to be honest! :o

Thanks to the USA community for putting your trust in me. I will definitely try to return the trust with my very best efforts. Also thanks to cynic, rogue, philly and spark to serve the team USA for so long. USA community will remember your contribution for the team.

Now I am taking a look at the squad. It is definitely on the older side. In the next few days there will be a lot of shuffling in the squad. Please don't be surprised to see a red star missing or added to your players. We will settle on a core squad soon.

Now I am also looking for an assistant from the community. If you are interested to join the team USA please PM me in the game.

Stay tuned for more updates soon. Go team USA!

Cheers,
bura

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:52 pm

Congratulations Bura - probably the biggest upset of the elections - you've got some old hands around the community here!
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 1.1)(s46 SOD 1.1

Philly

Post by Philly » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:48 pm

darkmatter wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:52 pm
Congratulations Bura - probably the biggest upset of the elections - you've got some old hands around the community here!
Hey, not so much of the old. :(
Just because I learnt to program on punched cards and tape. :geek

bura

Post by bura » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Thanks fellas.

I am very happy to announce that I recruited 2 veteran managers, Philly and Spark, from the USA community to help me to move the team USA forward. Such active and dedicated members need no new introductions I am sure. With their wisdom and the community love and support, let's try to make Team USA a force to reckon with in coming tours. Go Image!

spark

Post by spark » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Tour Squad Announcement

So the winds of change have blown through the USA. Everyone is surely eager to hear who has managed to make it to underground bunkers, basements, and cellars to survive the storm and who has been drafted in to shore up the defences. So here is the squad:

Batsmen
George Stevenson (Minor Mashervania)
Johnny Richardson (Central Coast Wombats)
Alfredo Brock (rogue mercenaries)

Keepers

Bowlers
Ronald Fletcher (rogue mercenaries)

Bobby Hunter (Topmen)

Karl Estrada (Minor Mashervania)

Jeffrey Vaughn (Chudley Cannons)
Robert Barnes (Bangla Tigers)
Phillip Rivera (SSP Rockers)
Spencer Delgado (Flaming Moles)

It is to England that we take these men to face sticky, slow, and crumbling pitches. And nobody should forget the possible terrors of bad light! These brave men have the hopes of the nation upon them and will fight to the last man (hopefully that fighting will not be amongst themselves).

There are some new faces amongst the squad and also some new bodies. Rogue mercernaries batsman Alfredo Brock makes his first tour and is known to be a big game player as his friendly performances seem to prove. Their will be plenty of pressure on him to produce some decent scores in the forthcoming tour. The bowling department also has a new addition in the form of new ball master Bobby Hunter who, I am delighted to inform you, has forced his name onto the form that is the teamsheet thanks to his form with the ball in recent friendly matches. Please form an orderly queue to congratulate him and his club manager on his selection.

There is one notable omission from the squad and that is Nicholas Todd who has been part of the USA furniture for a considerable time. We wish to thank him for his many seasons of service but, as age creeps up on him like an unwelcome stalker, it seems like his international career as a wicketkeeper has finally reached its conclusion.

Pitches
Slow v England
Sticky v Scotland
Sticky v UAE
Crumbling v Zimbabwe
Slow v Australia

The matches start on 10am FTP time from August 24th so feel free to follow the teams fortunes (or misfortunes) in what should prove to be a tough group.

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:26 pm

That is a bowler dream of tour with those pitches. Good luck chaps!
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 1.1)(s46 SOD 1.1

spark

Post by spark » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Tour Squad Announcement - Nat Twenty20 Division 1

The USA team have found themselves in the rarefied atmosphere of division 1 after some good/lucky work in previous seasons. Inevitably, some players have had to be left behind as their age and physical attributes would've meant that they'd have needed to play with cumbersome oxygen tanks/equipment at these heights. Who has made it? Who has been left out? Why not take a look for yourself? Here is the squad:

Batsmen
Gene Kramer (rogue mercenaries)
Tristan McClain (Woodchester XI)
Everett Harrison (Superbia in Proelia)

Keepers
Ronald Burton (Philly_Bluenose)

Bowlers
Chase Colon (Groundfielders)

Bobby Hunter (Topmen)

Karl Estrada (Minor Mashervania)

Jeffrey Vaughn (Chudley Cannons)
Phillip Rivera (SSP Rockers)
Franklin Harrision (Rostrevor XI)
Spencer Delgado (Flaming Moles)
Adam Nixon (Relegation Reprobates)

The plane to Ireland will be full of excited players some of whom will be on their first USA senior cricket trip and will be eager to get on the dry, flat and crumbling pitches that our hosts are providing.

We have rising star batsman Everett Harrison who at 27 has a big future in front of him. Finisher Kramer will be looking to show off his destructive batting and captain McClain will probably be saying yippee-ki-yay over his inclusion (do not spoil things by looking up McClain's first name or the alternative spelling of McClain). Ronald Burton gets his chance with the gloves. Fast bowler Colon has got plenty to prove: he needs to make good use of his pace and swing bowling talent. Franklin Harrison will be trying out his doosra's whilst Nixon will try to show us that he's not too young, at the age of 26, to perform well with his left arm wrist spin.

Pitches
Dry v Ireland
Flat v Netherlands
Dry v West Indies
Dry v Australia
Crumbling v Bermuda

Rarefied atmospheres tend to mean lower pressure. So perhaps the USA can defy the odds once again by playing without much pressure and really put in some performances that can make it's supporters proud. The matches start on 11:30am FTP time from September 14th so please feel welcome to follow and comment on the exciting challenge of Division 1 cricket for the USA.

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 pm

Another fantastic write-up, I can pretty much get all of my nat information from just these forum posts, which is great. Maybe I should do a name change for McClain though, to fully meet his namesake :lol:

Best of luck with the tour, I hope that my club captain performs well for you.
it's been so many years since I've last been able to say that 8)

spark

Post by spark » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:25 am

darkmatter wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 pm
Another fantastic write-up, I can pretty much get all of my nat information from just these forum posts, which is great. Maybe I should do a name change for McClain though, to fully meet his namesake :lol:

Best of luck with the tour, I hope that my club captain performs well for you.
it's been so many years since I've last been able to say that 8)
Thanks. I'm glad you like it! :)

McClain should be in the team for a while so I hope you don't miss him too much on tour weeks.