NT Team Thread

rogue

Re: Nat Team Thread

Post by rogue » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:29 pm

my understanding is that a manager can request that their player not be selected, but the final call is up to the Nat manager. given that, if it comes to a WC the manager can't really stop his player from being selected. from what picton said earlier, his owner isn't keen on him doing too many more tours, but he hasn't exactly counted him out of some. perhaps picton could meet him halfway and select him only for the WC and important tours where promotion is likely...
"I re-read my post and serious dont know how i missed some of those errors and this phone auto correct must be set to another language lol."

darkmatter

Re: Nat Team Thread

Post by darkmatter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:42 am

It is about striking a balance, but I believe that by picking younger players for tours prior to the world cup - we'll have better players for the foreseeable future. We need to develop as a nation, this generation will never been a top tier country - so although they are some of our best players now we need to think of the future.

Having said that - I think they should be drafted in for the next WC if they are void of tours - just to give us the best chance in the most important comp..
Darkmatter - USA u19 assistant (seasons 5-7); u19 manager(seasons 8-9); Assistant manager (season 10 -14,17-some time); National Manager (season 14 - 16) Winner (s16 & s17 T20 1.1)(s46 SOD 1.1