Ireland League Games and Chat

A place for players in Ireland to communicate.
KeepItCool

Re: Ireland League Games and Chat

Post by KeepItCool » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40 am

Won a nail biter by two wickets against my promotion rival in D4 SOD ...more or less dead even on ratings. Looks like apart from remembering to set orders, I will also have to keep an eye on NRR right through the season 😃

SenorBigJ

Post by SenorBigJ » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:32 am

My first game on FTP since 2010 I believe! I guess I was an OG member but kinda forgot about it when I went to university. Covid's inspired a comeback! I've got top of the league and my team is poor, fingers crossed I skittle them.

SenorBigJ

Post by SenorBigJ » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:43 pm

J. Trescothick (rfm) 9-0-38-3, C. Moritz 1 (4b), H. Thomas 7 (13b)
End of over 27 (1 run) - Hunslet Parkside C.C.(98-4) RR 3.63

Keeping the run rate low here, my bowlings better than my batting so I need them to keep performing!

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Very happy with the victory against baltimore dolphins today. Really doesn't get any easier from here :lol:
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

SenorBigJ

Post by SenorBigJ » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:09 pm

14.61Anderson to McArdle : Oohs from the crowd as the ball takes the edge but in reality McArdle was always in control of that one and it's a comfortable run down to wide third man. Rigg picks up and fires a neat return to the keeper.
14.51Anderson to Tagadiya : [misfield] Just short of a length and Tagadiya drives off the back foot into the covers. Thorp fumbles, the ball races on but the batsmen only steal a single.
14.43Anderson to McArdle : McArdle goes back, checks his watch and then late cuts that out of Quade's gloves for 3. He had so much time to play that shot.
14.32Anderson to McArdle : [dropped] McArdle's not got onto that as well as he'd hoped. Bahl is out in the deep and it goes down! Oh dear... and if it could get any worse for Anderson there's 2 runs more to the score.
14.21Anderson to Tagadiya : [misfield] Good ball and fended away to the onside, Wasim in a fit of eagerness and enthusiasm collects and throws down the stumps, Tagadiya, alert to the threat, is easily back in his crease and the deflection off the stumps brings overthrows... silly, just plain silly.
14.11Anderson to McArdle : [dropped] I can't believe it's not butter on Rigg's fingers. That was a simple catch and Rigg grassed it. Anderson doesn't look very impressed.

What a terrible over, two of them are my best fielders too! :lol:

michaelcorleone

Post by michaelcorleone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Secured the ST20 promotion to division 2. Escaped YT20 relegation from division 3. Narrowly missing YOD promotion from division 4 and headed for an exciting finish to SOD division 2. This season went well for me. However, from here, should I focus on getting to senior div 1 or improving in youths?
A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.
Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.
Good health is the most important thing, more than success, more than money, more than power.

KeepItCool

Post by KeepItCool » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:20 am

Depends on how much money you can pump in. If you can invest in the youth academy, makes sense to push up on youth and just see how the senior leagues shape up ...if you are in with a shot at promotion, go for it ...else staying in D2 for another season or two is not such a bad thing. As for youth, getting up from D4 is not such a big task ...you can even buy a few late 19 / early 20yos that will be on the TM and make that push.

michaelcorleone

Post by michaelcorleone » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 pm

I am kind of split. Definitely don't have money to spend on academies. Although, I would have some to get a couple of 25-26 yo division 2-worthy senior players from the TM. My senior academy level is excellent. Should I push upon getting these players or should I get some youngsters and move up the youth divisions :?:
A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.
Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.
Good health is the most important thing, more than success, more than money, more than power.

jachiche

Post by jachiche » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Youth T20 Div 2.1 is looking seriously close. Top and Bottom seem secured, but every other position from 2nd to 7th could change, with half the league on the exact same points. Will be on hell of a scramble to avoid that last relegation place.

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... 97499#curr
Dunbrody CC