Ireland League Games and Chat

A place for players in Ireland to communicate.
KeepItCool

Re: Ireland League Games and Chat

Post by KeepItCool » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40 am

Won a nail biter by two wickets against my promotion rival in D4 SOD ...more or less dead even on ratings. Looks like apart from remembering to set orders, I will also have to keep an eye on NRR right through the season 😃

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Very happy with the victory against baltimore dolphins today. Really doesn't get any easier from here :lol:
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

michaelcorleone

Post by michaelcorleone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Secured the ST20 promotion to division 2. Escaped YT20 relegation from division 3. Narrowly missing YOD promotion from division 4 and headed for an exciting finish to SOD division 2. This season went well for me. However, from here, should I focus on getting to senior div 1 or improving in youths?
A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.
Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.
Good health is the most important thing, more than success, more than money, more than power.

KeepItCool

Post by KeepItCool » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:20 am

Depends on how much money you can pump in. If you can invest in the youth academy, makes sense to push up on youth and just see how the senior leagues shape up ...if you are in with a shot at promotion, go for it ...else staying in D2 for another season or two is not such a bad thing. As for youth, getting up from D4 is not such a big task ...you can even buy a few late 19 / early 20yos that will be on the TM and make that push.

michaelcorleone

Post by michaelcorleone » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 pm

I am kind of split. Definitely don't have money to spend on academies. Although, I would have some to get a couple of 25-26 yo division 2-worthy senior players from the TM. My senior academy level is excellent. Should I push upon getting these players or should I get some youngsters and move up the youth divisions :?:
A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.
Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.
Good health is the most important thing, more than success, more than money, more than power.

jachiche

Post by jachiche » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Youth T20 Div 2.1 is looking seriously close. Top and Bottom seem secured, but every other position from 2nd to 7th could change, with half the league on the exact same points. Will be on hell of a scramble to avoid that last relegation place.

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueo ... 97499#curr
Dunbrody CC

KeepItCool

Post by KeepItCool » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:02 am

michaelcorleone wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 pm
I am kind of split. Definitely don't have money to spend on academies. Although, I would have some to get a couple of 25-26 yo division 2-worthy senior players from the TM. My senior academy level is excellent. Should I push upon getting these players or should I get some youngsters and move up the youth divisions :?:
If you want to be a serious player in youth leagues consistently, you’ll need academy investment. If that isn’t possible, best to focus on seniors for the moment and make a push to go up as high as possible.

RonnieG

Post by RonnieG » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:44 pm

Yay! Survival in kiddie D1 is now possible after iur 1 wkt win..
Scotland Manager.

KeepItCool

Post by KeepItCool » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 am

hehe forgot to set orders ...didn’t realize it was relegation battle ...I’m going down now. Just as well given my crop of upcoming players.

jachiche

Post by jachiche » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:29 pm

My T20 today wasn't looking good when I got bowled out for 61.

Somehow managed to pull it out of the bag thanks to the bowlers, particularly a great 5 for 6 from Verdon.

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/scoreca ... Id=5671834
Dunbrody CC

michaelcorleone

Post by michaelcorleone » Fri May 07, 2021 5:34 pm

My case for a double promotion to div1 seniors is progressing really well with my main SOD rivals having lost one game more in the 11th week (alongside an apparently inferior NRR). Would have to rely on another team to beat my T20 challengers (hoping for ragingbull to do a neat job like they did against me :whistle ). If they do beat the ST20 div toppers, I am hoping it should be easy for me to promote provided the ease with which I beat 'em in the first game.

michaelcorleone

Post by michaelcorleone » Tue May 18, 2021 5:59 am

michaelcorleone wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:34 pm
My case for a double promotion to div1 seniors is progressing really well with my main SOD rivals having lost one game more in the 11th week (alongside an apparently inferior NRR). Would have to rely on another team to beat my T20 challengers (hoping for ragingbull to do a neat job like they did against me :whistle ). If they do beat the ST20 div toppers, I am hoping it should be easy for me to promote provided the ease with which I beat 'em in the first game.
It would most probably go down to the wire in both SOD and ST20 div 2.1. My club and the table leaders are tied at equal number of wins in both. I do have two other very important fixtures in the leagues this week before competing for the league title next week. Very interesting equations building up, highly nervous.