Senior NAT Team - General Discussion

Exquisiteblue

Re: Senior NAT Team

Post by Exquisiteblue » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 pm

Exquisiteblue wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:46 pm
T20 tour to contend with first. Can be a bit of a lottery at time these but let's see if we can secure a WC qualification there.
Disappointing T20 Tour. I didn't really expect it to be fair. We somehow clung onto WC Qualification in the very last slot. Alot of Credit to Birdman here. He got us promoted last year and that was purely the reason we are into this. We don't want to let him down when we get there. Despite being the biggest underdogs going into it.
However, One day action again.

We've gone younger. Its becoming obvious that by the time the next one day world cup comes round, we are going to be short. Our better players are slowly going to die off and the people replacing them. Not there. Hence there is no point qualifying if we lose our players due to age and we get battered in the WC. If we are going to do it, some of the young ones will have to be producing now.

Tour Debuts for the following players.

Amir Alam (26)
Jaul Gayth (27)
K.Salah (27)

Hoping these 3 will be very good for us over the next 3/4 seasons. We are really going to need it. Alam is very good and needs the Exp so he is preferred to a same level 30 year old.

One of the youngsters missed out through his poor form for this one.

Really hoping we can go better then the last tour. Its not been as good as I hoped for so far, these players can definitely do better.

Once the T20 tour finishes at the end of the season. There will be a shuffle in the squad with 4-5 players hopefully can make there way through and fill the gaps we have.
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:45 am

Salah is giving it a good crack so far, just didn't have the partner to go on with today. 2nd highest runs scored for UAE so far.
Good luck in the next couple of matches

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:10 pm

AchmidG wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:45 am
Salah is giving it a good crack so far, just didn't have the partner to go on with today. 2nd highest runs scored for UAE so far.
Hes had a very good start buddy. Hope he keeps going that way! Bit annoyed we lost that today. Still can't get my head around vidic and jaber going for a risky run despite needing 18 from about 55 balls but shall have to wrap my head around it.

Salah will definitely be playing tomorrow as well pal. Might even get a fourth game Friday to be fair!
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:13 am

Exquisiteblue wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:10 pm
AchmidG wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:45 am
Hes had a very good start buddy. Hope he keeps going that way! Bit annoyed we lost that today. Still can't get my head around vidic and jaber going for a risky run despite needing 18 from about 55 balls but shall have to wrap my head around it.

Salah will definitely be playing tomorrow as well pal. Might even get a fourth game Friday to be fair!
That's good to hear! It's always nice to see them perform for the national team

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 am

He was awesome again today buddy. He's definitely playing tomorrow. He's earnt that much.

We go into the final day with a promotion still at stake. Here's hoping we get it right and can get us up.
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Got my fingers crossed. Would love to see you and India go through (I have one NT player in each team...and neither played in the India vs UAE match :lol: )

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:46 am

AchmidG wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 pm
Got my fingers crossed. Would love to see you and India go through (I have one NT player in each team...and neither played in the India vs UAE match :lol: )
Well you got your wish pal! Us 2 promote. Absolutely over the moon with that! Shame Salah wasn't a run scorer in the last game but we got over the line and thats all that matters.

See if we can hold our own in the next division! Wouldn't mind our players form being as high as this one mind!
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:07 am

Exquisiteblue wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:46 am
AchmidG wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:42 pm
Well you got your wish pal! Us 2 promote. Absolutely over the moon with that! Shame Salah wasn't a run scorer in the last game but we got over the line and thats all that matters.

See if we can hold our own in the next division! Wouldn't mind our players form being as high as this one mind!
Yup had his first fail, but good to see the rest of the boys stand up with a number of starts.

Congrats on the promotion mate. I'm sure with all the boys getting their experience up, and a bit more training in, they will do a lot of good, especially as you blooded a few younger ones too

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:08 am

There will be plenty more big knocks for him to come. Sure about that!

Hope he is good in T20 as thats his next challenge :lol:
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

AchmidG

Post by AchmidG » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Hope so, I'll make sure he is spending a good chunk of time in the gym and getting the protein shakes in :party

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:50 pm

AchmidG wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm
Hope so, I'll make sure he is spending a good chunk of time in the gym and getting the protein shakes in :party
He might not have performance amazingly well but considering the ordinary form his lack of ducks is making me happy!

We are through to the Semi Finals. A very good moment for this nation! Let's see if we can ride this further and make the final

Hope.to see you all tuning in!
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

Penky

Post by Penky » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Good work EB and team!

heppa

Post by heppa » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Well done EB, that's awesome. I can't remember, have we ever made it this far in the seniors?

Good luck!
Manager of the Illawarra Dragons CC

Exquisiteblue

Post by Exquisiteblue » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Penky wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Good work EB and team!
Cheers Mate
heppa wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:31 pm
Well done EB, that's awesome. I can't remember, have we ever made it this far in the seniors?

Good luck!
Looking back this is our fourth attempt at a semi final! And our first WC since season 40.

We have got through to the Semis of the T20 Twice. Losing both. And got through once in this new WC Format to the semis losing and Once in the old format where there was QFs where again, we fell short.

Would Love to bring the first WC Final home!
UAE NT Manager
Shirebrook CC

heppa

Post by heppa » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:03 pm

It's T20 so a bit of luck and you never know what can happen. Will be watching on :thumbsup

EDIT:

Home UAE
Away Australia
Ground Lesvosace CC CG
Cup Nat Twenty20 World Cup
Date 07 Nov 20 13:00
Pitch Flat
Weather (forecast) Windy

Good conditions for an upset, looking forward to it!
Manager of the Illawarra Dragons CC